Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Trump fined $350 Million
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
If I'm a betting man, I bet they never see a dime because of appeals..

https://twitter.com/EndWokeness/status/1...Rckrg&s=19

"Letitia James promised to go after Trump.

The entire fraud case is built on the insane premise that Mar-a-Lago is worth just $18 MILLION dollars."

Yeah.. That libtarded judge has sucked on two different kinds of pipes..
Adam Schiff said they need to go after the money. This is what happens when moderates tolerate activism at the judicial level. It's also what political persecution looks like in the US.
(02-16-2024, 07:54 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Adam Schiff said they need to go after the money. This is what happens when moderates tolerate activism at the judicial level. It's also what political persecution looks like in the US.

This is why politicians should cultivate positive and hopeful personalities.
Moderates aren't going to shed a tear for a man who made his name and fame giving them an outrage every day.
Sure. Let your stupidity break our system.
(02-16-2024, 08:31 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Sure. Let your stupidity break our system.

You voted for a guy, knowing he pissed a lot of people off, because you liked that he pissed a lot of people off, and then you complain that they are behaving the way people behave when they are pissed.

Dammit why are these bees stinging me?! All I did was bang their hive with a stick!
He'll be convicted in Georgia and Jack Smith will convict him as well its going to be glorious he'll be ineligible and hopefully in jail before November
This judge is a loon. Big Don will never pay a dime.
Don should run for governor of NY when he finishes his 2nd term as POTUS in 2028 amd clean up that cesspool of a state.

(02-16-2024, 09:28 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2024, 08:31 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Sure. Let your stupidity break our system.

You voted for a guy, knowing he pissed a lot of people off, because you liked that he pissed a lot of people off, and then you complain that they are behaving the way people behave when they are pissed.

Dammit why are these bees stinging me?! All I did was bang their hive with a stick!

So you advocate abusing the judicial system based on hurt feelings? That is weird.
(02-16-2024, 09:28 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]

Nice to see your principles are so easily manipulated.
I can't wait for Trump to get re-elected..

I'm ready to watch heads explode in sissy chaos again lol

(02-16-2024, 10:00 PM)nhiverson Wrote: [ -> ]He'll be convicted in Georgia and Jack Smith will convict him as well its going to be glorious he'll be ineligible and hopefully in jail before November

I bet you sit down to pee..
(02-16-2024, 10:26 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]This judge is a loon. Big Don will never pay a dime.
Don should run for governor of NY when he finishes his 2nd term as POTUS in 2028 amd clean up that cesspool of a state.

(02-16-2024, 09:28 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]You voted for a guy, knowing he pissed a lot of people off, because you liked that he pissed a lot of people off, and then you complain that they are behaving the way people behave when they are pissed.

So you advocate abusing the judicial system based on hurt feelings? That is weird.

If a kid burns his hand on a hot stove, and his mom says, baby, that's what happens when you touch a hot stove, does that make her an advocate for hot stoves?

(02-16-2024, 10:29 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2024, 09:28 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]You voted for a guy, knowing he pissed a lot of people off, because you liked that he pissed a lot of people off, and then you complain that they are behaving the way people behave when they are pissed.

Nice to see your principles are so easily manipulated.

What do you even think my principles are?  You don't come here to listen so you don't know.
(02-16-2024, 10:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2024, 10:26 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]This judge is a loon. Big Don will never pay a dime.

If a kid burns his hand on a hot stove, and his mom says, baby, that's what happens when you touch a hot stove, does that make her an advocate for hot stoves?

(02-16-2024, 10:29 PM)Lucky2Last Wrote: [ -> ]Nice to see your principles are so easily manipulated.

What do you even think my principles are?  You don't come here to listen so you don't know.

Your analogy for openly defending a banana republic style justice system missed the mark by a mile.

(02-16-2024, 10:36 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]I can't wait for Trump to get re-elected..

(02-16-2024, 10:00 PM)nhiverson Wrote: [ -> ]He'll be convicted in Georgia and Jack Smith will convict him as well its going to be glorious he'll be ineligible and hopefully in jail before November

This dude clearly doesn't watch the news or Fani Willis.
(02-16-2024, 10:49 PM)StroudCrowd1 Wrote: [ -> ]
(02-16-2024, 10:44 PM)mikesez Wrote: [ -> ]If a kid burns his hand on a hot stove, and his mom says, baby, that's what happens when you touch a hot stove, does that make her an advocate for hot stoves?

Your analogy for openly defending a banana republic style justice system missed the mark by a mile.

(02-16-2024, 10:36 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]I can't wait for Trump to get re-elected..

This dude clearly doesn't watch the news or Fani Willis.

Do you think pigs can fly? No? Why are you openly defending gravity like that?!

Ford said that Nixon shouldn't be prosecuted, and that this would preserve a sense of national unity.  

Does Trump deserve the same treatment? Did he leave us with any sense of national unity to preserve?
Of all the cases that have been brought against Trump, including his defamation cases, there is only one that has any merit at all, maybe 2 if you want to buy into the BS going on in GA. The rest of these are abuses of government institutions designed to take Trump's money, power, and reputation. You don't excuse that by saying "he touched a hot stove..." The corruption is coming to light, and you're still defending it. You're a political [bleep], man. Oh, and not coming here to learn? I'm happy to learn something, but me thinks you are projecting again, homey.
I've said before I have a bit of experience with New York and I know that New York law is designed so that anyone doing business there is violating it at least a little.
If only there was a wealthy person in New York, going back decades, who had engaged all sorts of winning politicians of both parties and tried to untangle their legal system? The world would be a better place!
It doesn't matter what I think of Trump being prosecuted in New York, or what you think, or even what Biden thinks. None of us direct that prosecution and none of us get to vote for who directs it.
(02-16-2024, 07:49 PM)WingerDinger Wrote: [ -> ]If I'm a betting man, I bet they never see a dime because of appeals..

I believe that usually, when there is a monetary judgment entered against the defendant in a civil trial, even if the defendant intends to appeal, he has to deposit the money with the court pending the outcome of the appeal.  
-------------------------------------
Explainer: How will Trump pay his $355 million civil fraud judgment? | Reuters
He could be required to deposit the full amount of the judgment against him plus interest during any appeal, which is standard practice in similar cases.

Trump could also post a smaller amount with collateral and interest by securing a type of loan called an appeal bond. But he could have trouble finding a lender after Engoron ruled that he lied to banks about his wealth.
The appeal could take more than a year, and it is not yet clear whether an appellate court would put Engoron's Friday decision on hold during the process.
-----------------------------------------
If he buys an appeal bond, the average premium is 1-2%.  So if he goes that route, it will cost him between $4 million and $8 million, plus he will have to tie up one of his properties as collateral, that is assuming he hasn't already borrowed money against that property.  

It'll be interesting to see what happens if he has to post the $400 million with the court until his appeals are exhausted.  
Sometimes I wonder how a 78 year old man who apparently isn't very health-conscious can weather the unrelenting stress that he must be under.
Trump's penalty could cause NY biz exodus to FL, as New York State becomes 'legal banana republic': experts
NY AG Letitia James and liberal interests in the state appear to be seeking a political 'death by exposure' of Trump, analysts said

https://www.foxnews.com/media/trumps-ny-...ic-experts
(02-17-2024, 11:53 AM)The Drifter Wrote: [ -> ]Trump's penalty could cause NY biz exodus to FL, as New York State becomes 'legal banana republic': experts
NY AG Letitia James and liberal interests in the state appear to be seeking a political 'death by exposure' of Trump, analysts said

https://www.foxnews.com/media/trumps-ny-...ic-experts

There's gonna be nobody left in NY but the activists haha

If that happens, America loses since that gets Biden re-elected and we, as a country, are completely f%#*ed. Thanks to Biden, prices on everything are unaffordable. Not a Trump fan, but am willing to vote for him to keep an 81-year old man acting like he’s 150 from getting back in the WH.
Pages: 1 2 3 4