Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags sign Mitch Morse
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
2 years, 10.5 million. We got a new starting center boys!
OMG, it's like the Jags wanna win!
That’s a great price too
I am so excited I have chills. This is the best news in weeks.
(03-11-2024, 09:27 AM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]2 years, 10.5 million. We got a new starting center boys!

(03-11-2024, 09:41 AM)Go Jagwaas Derp Wrote: [ -> ]That’s a great price too

I thought it was $10 per year, I can't believe they got him so cheap. Hopefully he holds up and the Jags draft a new C in the next 1-2 years.
This is great news.  We still have to get someone for the long term.  This is only a 2-year deal.  But it does give them some flexibility going into the draft, which is exactly the right way to use free agency.

He was a team captain for the Bills and he was selected to the Pro Bowl in 2022.
(03-11-2024, 09:27 AM)Dimson Wrote: [ -> ]2 years, 10.5 million. We got a new starting center boys!

Still puts him in the top 13 centers per year.

5.25 million is really good for a center and right where he's worth.

Good signing.
(03-11-2024, 09:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]This is great news.  We still have to get someone for the long term.  This is only a 2-year deal.  But it does give them some flexibility going into the draft, which is exactly the right way to use free agency.

He was a team captain for the Bills and he was selected to the Pro Bowl in 2022.

We just need the line to be League average. Yeah, I want the best of the best, but we don't need that; we just need them to not be the worst of the worst like last year.
(03-11-2024, 10:00 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2024, 09:53 AM)The Real Marty Wrote: [ -> ]This is great news.  We still have to get someone for the long term.  This is only a 2-year deal.  But it does give them some flexibility going into the draft, which is exactly the right way to use free agency.

We just need the line to be League average. Yeah, I want the best of the best, but we don't need that; we just need them to not be the worst of the worst like last year.

Top 15 is gonna make life so much better for Trevor
Remember when everyone was convinced Doug though Fortner was amazing and had no intentions of replacing him?
(03-11-2024, 10:27 AM)imtheblkranger Wrote: [ -> ]Remember when everyone was convinced Doug though Fortner was amazing and had no intentions of replacing him?

I'm sure absolutely no one remembers being the ones who said that.
Great signing to replace to Fortner, and the price is lower that I expected.  I just hope the FO doesn't think they're done, with the offensive line.  Another FA signing with an above-average starting guard would put them in a good spot to enter the draft.
Awesome!! Love it.
Good signing. I would still draft a center to compete with Fortner for the backup spot. Mitch has a concussion history. Need to play it safe in case he misses a few games.
(03-11-2024, 10:30 AM)cland Wrote: [ -> ]Great signing to replace to Fortner, and the price is lower that I expected.  I just hope the FO doesn't think they're done, with the offensive line.  Another FA signing with an above-average starting guard would put them in a good spot to enter the draft.

I want to see them draft both guard and center, we need future starters this time. They might not have to play this season but by the end of next year I'd like both Morse and Scherff supplanted by younger and better players.
(03-11-2024, 10:40 AM)Jagulars Wrote: [ -> ]Good signing. I would still draft a center to compete with Fortner for the backup spot. Mitch has a concussion history. Need to play it safe in case he misses a few games.

Yep, fortner is a solid third stringer.
Thank God
(03-11-2024, 10:47 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2024, 10:30 AM)cland Wrote: [ -> ]Great signing to replace to Fortner, and the price is lower that I expected.  I just hope the FO doesn't think they're done, with the offensive line.  Another FA signing with an above-average starting guard would put them in a good spot to enter the draft.

I want to see them draft both guard and center, we need future starters this time. They might not have to play this season but by the end of next year I'd like both Morse and Scherff supplanted by younger and better players.

I wouldn't mind an entire draft devoted to big meanies on the line.

I'm fine with a mediocre season as long as they are building toward dominance
(03-11-2024, 10:50 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2024, 10:47 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]I want to see them draft both guard and center, we need future starters this time. They might not have to play this season but by the end of next year I'd like both Morse and Scherff supplanted by younger and better players.

I wouldn't mind an entire draft devoted to big meanies on the line.

Honestly? I think getting the middle of the d-line and CB positions fixed gets us to Super Bowl contender.
(03-11-2024, 10:51 AM)flsprtsgod Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-11-2024, 10:50 AM)snarkyguy_he_him_his Wrote: [ -> ]I wouldn't mind an entire draft devoted to big meanies on the line.

Honestly? I think getting the middle of the d-line and CB positions fixed gets us to Super Bowl contender.

Yep and we're back to being somewhat under the radar after not making the playoffs last season, at least with the national media.
Pages: 1 2 3 4