Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Andrew Luck's Shoulder
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
From NFL.com a few days ago...

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...ding-spots

He is suffering from crowmagnus shoulderitis with a slight tinge of ...........GIECO!!.

Captain Cave Maaaaannn.

I suspect this may become the ultimate excuse for him not becoming the QB the so-called "experts" told us he would be.

Quote:I suspect this may become the ultimate excuse for him not becoming the QB the so-called "experts" told us he would be.
Well, let's establish at least that there is no way he can be considered a bust.

That said, if his shoulder is repaired and he is what he was pre injury, he'll still be an excellent QB.

If he plays like he has played the past couple of years, he's still a pretty good QB and still the best QB in the division.

Now if his shoulder deteriorates further, the Colts are in serious trouble-short term anyway.
Wow... So Luck has a torn labrum and probably starting training camp on the PUP list.

Colts hiding an injury. Should warrant a loss of draft pick...

Quote:I suspect this may become the ultimate excuse for him not becoming the QB the so-called "experts" told us he would be.

He was the 2nd or 3rd best QB last year.

Quote:Colts hiding an injury. Should warrant a loss of draft pick...

He was on the injury report every week last year. And missed half the season last year (was also on the injury report).
Quote:He was the 2nd or 3rd best QB last year.

...said no one but a delusional clots fan.
Quote:...said no one but a delusional clots fan.

https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ran...is-season/

Uh huh.

EDIT: He was actually 2nd for most of the year (only behind Tom Brady), got passed by Matt Ryan by the end of the season.

Proving my point...

Quote:Proving my point...
......or the other way around.

Not a 'facts' fan, are ya....
Quote:......or the other way around.

Not a 'facts' fan, are ya....

If you'd like to stick around and debate it, which I fully expect you to bow out completely after your typical hit and run, you'd find there's nothing to back up that argument - leaving it to someone who could only be a fanboy of the QB to come to that conclusion.

He didn't sniff anywhere near the top of any category of measure, yet magically he comes in "second or third best" after the pixie dust settles in an unbacked opinion piece.

16th in completions (between Phillip Rivers and Jameis Winston)

16th in completion percentage (on par with Eli Manning and Derek Carr)

8th in yards (behind Flacco, just ahead of Carson Palmer)

5th in yards/attempt (betweeen Prescott and Brees)

5th in TDs (ahead of Roethlisberger but behind Rivers)

9th in rating (between Derek Carr and Marcus Mariota)

5th in yards/game (averaging one more yard than Carson Palmer, more than 10 behind Brady)

Thumbsup!  Settled!  Second/third best it is!

Especially since it comes from the same bulletproof source and logic that put Demetrius McCray at the "top" of CB "rankings..."

Ryan, Brady, Prescott, Cousins, Brees, Rodgers, Rivers... all easily better.

Bradford, Tannehill, Smith, Stafford, Flacco, Dalton, Wilson, Roethlisberger, Carr, Palmer easily arguable as well.

Top 2, 3?

Asinine...

Quote:If you'd like to stick around and debate it, which I fully expect you to bow out completely after your typical hit and run, you'd find there's nothing to back up that argument - leaving it to someone who could only be a fanboy of the QB to come to that conclusion.

He didn't sniff anywhere near the top of any category of measure, yet magically he comes in "second or third best" after the pixie dust settles in an unbacked opinion piece.

5th in yards/game (averaging one more yard than Carson Palmer, more than 10 behind Brady)

Especially since it comes from the same bulletproof source and logic that put Demetrius McCray at the "top" of CB "rankings..."

Bradford, Tannehill, Smith, Stafford, Flacco, Dalton, Wilson, Roethlisberger, Carr, Palmer easily arguable as well.

Top 2, 3?

Asinine...

Stopped reading when you said "after the pixie dust settles of an unbacked opinion piece"

You do realize what PFF is, right? Well, clearly not, actually.

Every play from every game is watched and analyzed and then ranked into a formula. It's actually the complete OPPOSITE of an "unbacked opinion piece".
Quote:Stopped reading when you said "after the pixie dust settles of an unbacked opinion piece"

You do realize what PFF is, right? Well, clearly not, actually.

Every play from every game is watched and analyzed and then ranked into a formula. It's actually the complete OPPOSITE of an "unbacked opinion piece".

I'm fully aware of what PFF is.

I'm also fully convinced you do not know what PFF is.

PFF wrote this article putting Demetrius McCray among the "top" CBs in the league http://blackandteal.com/2015/02/17/demet...backs-nfl/ . Nice "ranking."

Clown show.  Who is more the fool?  The fool or the fool who follows him?

It's why the BCS threw out the biased computer models, and NASCAR kept changing the points system.  Their creators ensure a desired outcome, not an unbiased or objective one.

You simply can't logically argue someone is "top 2 or 3" when he doesn't even come close to "top 2 or 3" in any category.  The raw, honest numbers show him somewhere around 10 at best.  Certainly not top "tier."

They don't back the ranking with anything tangible whatsoever, just the same as the McCray ranking.

But please, continue the chuckle.  We've come to expect it.

Quote:https://www.profootballfocus.com/pro-ran...is-season/

Uh huh.

EDIT: He was actually 2nd for most of the year (only behind Tom Brady), got passed by Matt Ryan by the end of the season.

[Image: im-not-saying-its-fake-but-its-fake.jpg]
They also just did a hack job of mocking Lattimore to us at 4 as well  http://www.bigcatcountry.com/2017/4/18/1...he-jaguars.

Not surprising, given their roots are in fantasy football.  There's a detachment from reality.  Big on fantasy football numbers, but void of insightful analysis when it comes to the real thing.

Quote:I'm fully aware of what PFF is.

I'm also fully convinced you do not know what PFF is.

PFF wrote this article putting Demetrius McCray among the "top" CBs in the league http://blackandteal.com/2015/02/17/demet...backs-nfl/ . Nice "ranking."

Clown show.  Who is more the fool?  The fool or the fool who follows him?

It's why the BCS threw out the biased computer models, and NASCAR kept changing the points system.  Their creators ensure a desired outcome, not an unbiased or objective one.

You simply can't logically argue someone is "top 2 or 3" when he doesn't even come close to "top 2 or 3" in any category.  The raw, honest numbers show him somewhere around 10 at best.  Certainly not top "tier."

They don't back the ranking with anything tangible whatsoever, just the same as the McCray ranking.

But please, continue the chuckle.  We've come to expect it.

PFF is not football gospel, but I do believe it's pretty reliable in turns of efficiency of how a player is playing. It is FAR from an "unbacked opinion piece" that you claimed it to be. In fact it's the exact opposite of that.

Quote:If you'd like to stick around and debate it, which I fully expect you to bow out completely after your typical hit and run, you'd find there's nothing to back up that argument - leaving it to someone who could only be a fanboy of the QB to come to that conclusion.

Top 2, 3?

Asinine...

Oh and completions/completion % is not a reliable stat AT ALL. Does not take into account the flow of the game, WR drops, etc. Not to mention the Colts had the 6th highest drop % among WRs.

Also, let's not forget Luck missed a game this year. If you take his average yards per game and add that to his total he jumps to 4th in yards from 8th. And potentially jumps from 5th in TDs to 4th.

So, he ranked 4th-5th in all important stat categories the past year. Is it really THAT crazy to say that he was the 3rd best QB last year? Laughing

And that's just stats alone, which NEVER tell the true story. Anyone who actually watched Luck play all 15 games this past year can easily see that Luck was playing at an exceptional level. Especially if you take into account the team he had around him. Yes, Colts fans are going to be biased (as are divisional opponents fans), but when it comes from an unbiased source (PFF) it carries weight whether you like it or not. I think I'm going to trust the guys who watched him play all 15 games rather than a couple biased Jags fans who probably watched him play ~5 games this past year.

This is interesting too: https://www.reddit.com/r/nfl/comments/64kavo/oc_andrew_luck_is_good_at_football_a_gif/

That post was created by a Vikings fan. Has no reason to be biased and is someone who watched every play Luck played last year.
He's still going to be a serviceable QB even with that type of injury. One of the smartest QBs in the league imo in terms of football IQ

Where did this smart thing come from? He's made dumb decisions regularly since day 1. Much like Ryan Fitzpatrick, smart guy not smart footballer.

He needs to play better or will be a journeyman in a few years.
Quote:Where did this smart thing come from?
He's made dumb decisions regularly since day 1. Much like Ryan Fitzpatrick, smart guy not smart footballer.

He needs to play better or will be a journeyman in a few years.
Dude? Cmon, it.s a known fact that he was the one that figured out if you club them first they don't flop around as much when you drag them. Give the missing link some credit.

Pages: 1 2 3