Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Jaguars will go 10-6 this year, book it.
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I feel like this is finally "the year" people keep talking about season in and season out, We go 10-6 and put ourselves back on the contender's map. I feel it coming.. it's gonna happen!! GO JAGS!

I read this as 0-16 at first lol
Quote:I feel like this is finally "the year" people keep talking about season in and season out, We go 10-6 and put ourselves back on the contender's map. I feel it coming.. it's gonna happen!! GO JAGS!

Uh, no.
The media has basically been saying since March 9 we will either win the division title or punt Gus Bradley. Everyone sees the talent Dave Caldwell gave him. Now the question is changing from can we to will we be AFC contenders?

The media is always right.

Quote:I feel like this is finally "the year" people keep talking about season in and season out, We go 10-6 and put ourselves back on the contender's map. I feel it coming.. it's gonna happen!! GO JAGS!

Would love to see a breakdown of how you see that playing out.

Quote:Would love to see a breakdown of how you see that playing out.

Honestly, for the 8-8/9-7 ppl (not saying you are one of them) it's a difference a swinging a game or 2.
Quote:Honestly, for the 8-8/9-7 ppl (not saying you are one of them) it's a difference a swinging a game or 2.

I think we have to swing a game or two to make it to 8-8. I think the team is improved, but it's been eight seasons since we have had a winning record and I have to see it to believe it. We have been sold off season hope,only to fall on our face so many times now that there is no way I could predict finishing 10-6.
If there's anything I've learned being a Jags fan over the years its don't have expectations.....

My expectations are more like 7-9. I think that is enough for Gus to keep his job for another year. Anything less that that, he has to go. I think it hinges on how well we play at the end of the year if we are still fighting for the division or a wild card.

I'm sorry, but setting yourself with the expectation of 10-6 is going to leave you disappointed. 

Also, the off season makes it easy to forget that the curse of John Oehser is still alive and very well.

Not gonna book it.

I'd wager 8/8.

9/7 if we get big impact from new guys on D early.

Phew! Thanks.....that takes away a lot of worry.
This team was actually pretty close to being .500 last season TBR.

-shrug-

If we start 2-2 in the first 4 games, I think there is a good chance at finishing with 10 wins.

As a matter of fact, I've stated that 10 wins shouldn't be too lofty of an expectation from fans. We should be upset if we lose more than 6. We as fans should expect to win the AFCS this year.

There isn't reason to expect not to. Improved offense with 3rd year QB and WR combos. An Oline that should be improved and a defense that HAS to be better. 

If this team only wins 8, sure it might be good enough for Gus to keep his job, but I will look at it as a failed season.

He may never say it again, but I'll say it "It's built."

Not sure how much better this team can get by adding pieces. The pieces we got now have to make an impact.

Yes, including some rookies and young players. But you draft these guys high to make an impact.

It's time.

Quote:Not gonna book it.

I'd wager 8/8.

9/7 if we get big impact from new guys on D early.

This is my thinking as well.
7-9.. 8-8 if they get lucky... not getting to 10 wins this year. There isn't enough depth to get this group to 10 wins. 1 injury on the OLine and we're looking at 5-11.
Quote:If there's anything I've learned being a Jags fan over the years its don't have expectations.....
Bingo.

10 or more wins last year: Seahawks, Cardinals, Patriots, Broncos, Chiefs, Panthers, Vikings, Packers, Bengals, Steelers, Jets.

9 win teams: Redskins, Texans

8 win teams: Bills, Colts, Falcons
I agreen with OP. Screw cautious optimism and letting my past dictate the future.

Quote:Bingo.

10 or more wins last year: Seahawks, Cardinals, Patriots, Broncos, Chiefs, Panthers, Vikings, Packers, Bengals, Steelers, Jets.

9 win teams: Redskins, Texans

8 win teams: Bills, Colts, Falcons

Were the Vikings or jets predicted to win 10 games (11 for Minnesota)? Not saying we will, I'm going to let it play out but I think we will shock some ppl this year.
Quote:If there's anything I've learned being a Jags fan over the years its don't have expectations.....

Nonsense. We should all have expectations, but they must be realistic. 
Quote:Were the Vikings or jets predicted to win 10 games (11 for Minnesota)? Not saying we will, I'm going to let it play out but I think we will shock some ppl this year.

Of course not, but that happens every year, Nobody thought the Panthers would win 15 games either.
Pages: 1 2 3