Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Losing Trend!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I know its preseason... But something that has looked familiar over the last few preseason games, are the lifeless second halfs the jags have, and the penalties... It seems like we have been plagued by these weaknesses since the reign of Gus.

Is this preseason game against the Bengals a important game for Gus?To get this team headed in the right direction as the season approaches and to get the morale up?If the jags suffer another loss does that change anything?? Or do we just wait till the season start to judge?? What i do know is all these losses add up for Gus... And his resume doesnt look good..
Losing during the preseason has never, ever been used to judge an NFL head coach.
Losing sucks, but the point of preseason is to prepare for the season and keep everyone healthy. Gus said he doesn't mind the penalties because he liked the effort. Last game was lost because the QBs were atrocious, not because of Gus.
Yeah what holy teal said. The 0-16 lions went 4-0 in preseason. It doesn't mean much. It can be a glimpse into how your starters looks against their starters, but after that it's a crapshoot. Nobody game plans so it's difficult to determine how certain players will perform under more complicated situations.
The 2008 Lions say hi.

Quote:Losing sucks, but the point of preseason is to prepare for the season and keep everyone healthy. Gus said he doesn't mind the penalties because he liked the effort. Last game was lost because the QBs were atrocious, not because of Gus.

I agree... But as a fan do u feel anymore confident about Gus if win ?? Or it doesnt matter?
Quote:I know its preseason... But something that has looked familiar over the last few preseason games, are the lifeless second halfs the jags have, and the penalties... It seems like we have been plagued by these weaknesses since the reign of Gus.

Is this preseason game against the Bengals a important game for Gus?To get this team headed in the right direction as the season approaches and to get the morale up?If the jags suffer another loss does that change anything?? Or do we just wait till the season start to judge?? What i do know is all these losses add up for Gus... And his resume doesnt look good..

Losing in preseason really doesnt matter. As long as the starters are playing well, and they have (24-7 against other starters in 3 quarters), and the team stays healthy, it's all good.
Dude, those third and fourth stringers are not starting on our team. I'm not too worried.

A home win in front of fans as a preseason taste of things to come won't be bad.  It would also be good for the new team as a whole to experience a W, in preparation for more moving forward.  Especially since some game planning is done.  I think the starting teams will be on par for a W; can Henne n co manage a quarter and change after they leave?

Still, in the grand scheme of things, preseason results are a non issue. A win on Sept 11 shatters an 0-4 August in a fan's mind
I haven't lost any sleep about these preseason losses
At this point, our starting offense has balled out and the D has looked much improved. What the 3rd and 4th stringers do is irrelevant. 

Quote:I know its preseason... But something that has looked familiar over the last few preseason games, are the lifeless second halfs the jags have, and the penalties... It seems like we have been plagued by these weaknesses since the reign of Gus.

Seriously if your soul had a face I would most likely punch it.
Quote:I agree... But as a fan do u feel anymore confident about Gus if win ?? Or it doesnt matter?

But seriously. I'd punch the hell out of your soul face.
As far as I care we have "won" the preseason games in the areas that matter(first team battles/scoring/def/ect) so Ive been happy and enjoying this preseason. I hope we stay healthy and can keep playing well in the regular season.

Yo, Boy.
you  just dont know how to watch preseason.

first game watch first quarter. second game watch 1st half. 3rd game watch 3 quarters . 4 th game.do something else.
Preseason is underrated. Everyone says it means nothing for only one reason: the wins and losses don't matter. Guess what? Wins and losses are the only things that don't matter in preseason .The players who complain it means nothing -Aaron Rodgers, Adrian Peterson, etc. - are guys who individually don't need to play in those games. Ask any rookie on our team or Dante Fowler and he will say they are very important.

Is this really a win/loss thread about exhibition games, wow, just wow.
The NFL really kicked Gus in the nads with those first 4 games though. Even they hate him.
Preseason record can't be taken serious when the starters dint even play a quarter. It is rediculous. Just get rid of it. Expecting fans to pay for that garbage is even worse.

Just make the season 18 games and open more playoff spots.
Pages: 1 2 3