Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Devastating Comparison Between Obama’s Baton Rouge Flood Response And Bush’s Response To Katrina Speaks Volumes
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6

Devastating Comparison Between Obama’s Baton Rouge Flood Response And Bush’s Response To Katrina Speaks Volumes

Liberals hammered George W. Bush for his response to Katrina.

Remember when he flew over the flooded areas but didn’t land?

Remember Kanye West’s insane comment?

Well, it seems like liberals have a really short memory because a dozen people have been killed by a devastating flood in Baton Rouge and President Obama is nowhere to be found.

http://www.youngcons.com/devastating-com...s-volumes/

What "liberals" have you spoken to?
I thought he made a short statement from the golf course the other day? 

Quote:Devastating Comparison Between Obama’s Baton Rouge Flood Response And Bush’s Response To Katrina Speaks Volumes

Well, it seems like liberals have a really short memory because a dozen people have been killed by a devastating flood in Baton Rouge and President Obama is nowhere to be found.

Still not sure why people are mad about that. Where was he supposed to land? What was he supposed to do when he landed? Take a limo ride to a flooded area no one should have been in? 

Same thing with being mad about his whereabouts on 9/11. It was a terrorist attack. What, fly back to the WH and make a statement from there? 

The fact that people are "shocked" at Obama's behavior just shows they're either stupid or haven't been paying attention for the past 8 years. He hasn't given a rat's butt about this country- ever.
Quote:Still not sure why people are mad about that. Where was he supposed to land? What was he supposed to do when he landed? Take a limo ride to a flooded area no one should have been in?

Same thing with being mad about his whereabouts on 9/11. It was a terrorist attack. What, fly back to the WH and make a statement from there?

The fact that people are "shocked" at Obama's behavior just shows they're either stupid or haven't been paying attention for the past 8 years. He hasn't given a rat's butt about this country- ever.

Bush evil, Obama Messiah.

Sincerely,

MSM
Quote:Bush evil, Obama Messiah.

Sincerely,

MSM

Was it stupid when they blamed GWB?
Quote:Was it stupid when they blamed GWB?

Yes
Quote:Yes
I agree.

So is this your I know your are but what am I response? And it's not stupid to blame President Obama?
Just another one of millions of examples of main stream media bias.

The tragedy of climate change hits Louisiana again. It's a tragic event and my thoughts and prayers to the families affected.

My wife and I lost an ipod with alot of pictures and videos in it that we didn't back up. We were devastated for a couple weeks. And that was just one ipod. I can only imagine losing all the precious memories of your family in a flood that wipes out everything. Not to mention the fact that 13 people have died from this flood. It's a national disaster, that's for sure.

The media has done a good job not covering the crises. (Sarcasm)

I'm hoping the response to this disaster isn't at the level of ineptitude as it was with Katrina.
LOL.. "climate change"

Can't be worse than Katrina.  There's no Nagin to ineptly mishandle things.

Quote:Was it stupid when they blamed GWB?
Yes, it was stupid when they blamed Bush, especially when they tried to make it an issue about race.  Obama was part of that angry mob mentality, and stoked those flames big time during the 2008 election as he kept bringing up Katrina and saying it was a valid issue.  So, since he felt it was worthy of a discussion, so is this. 
I don't think people were mad at Bush because he didn't visit.  No one wanted him to visit.  That would have done more harm than good. They were mad because he didn't seem to be doing anything or getting anything done about it. 

As for Obama, I don't know what good would come from him touring flood areas.   It'd probably just cause further chaos from the heightened security requirements of a Presidential visit. 

So, not a good comparison.  

Quote:I agree.

So is this your I know your are but what am I response? And it's not stupid to blame President Obama?

No, the difference in the MSM in these similar storm issues is "Bush is incompetent/uncaring/evil" vs "..............."

You have to agree that the media spin for Bush was usually negative and for Obama is usually positive or when the news is clearly bad then it's not his fault. That's all I'm saying.
Quote:The tragedy of climate change hits Louisiana again. It's a tragic event and my thoughts and prayers to the families affected.

My wife and I lost an ipod with alot of pictures and videos in it that we didn't back up. We were devastated for a couple weeks. And that was just one ipod. I can only imagine losing all the precious memories of your family in a flood that wipes out everything. Not to mention the fact that 13 people have died from this flood. It's a national disaster, that's for sure.

The media has done a good job not covering the crises. (Sarcasm)

I'm hoping the response to this disaster isn't at the level of ineptitude as it was with Katrina.

Because lower Louisiana never flooded before the Industrial Revolution, hmmm?
Quote:Devastating Comparison Between Obama’s Baton Rouge Flood Response And Bush’s Response To Katrina Speaks Volumes

The death toll for Hurricane Katrina was 1,836 whereas the current death toll related to the Baton Rouge flood is 13
Criticism of both Bush and Obama for not visiting disaster areas is stupid. The last thing needed in those situations is resources diverted to make their visit secure.

Quote:I don't think people were mad at Bush because he didn't visit.  No one wanted him to visit.  That would have done more harm than good. They were mad because he didn't seem to be doing anything or getting anything done about it. 

As for Obama, I don't know what good would come from him touring flood areas.   It'd probably just cause further chaos from the heightened security requirements of a Presidential visit. 

The issue was the ball was being dropped at the local level and all the talking heads politicized it by blaming Bush.  It was a manufactured narrative and shifted blame in the wrong direction.

Florida had several hurricanes around the same time or before, and had no issues with the aftermath because those in charge locally knew the drill.

That's the means for comparison.  What's going on now is a disaster as well, but the localities are busting their tails.  Though, now it's not being covered as it was then.  0bama could have done himself a favor at least doing what Bush did by inspecting the situation rather than continue the vacation and golf.  One day wouldn't have been much to ask.
Quote:I don't think people were mad at Bush because he didn't visit.  No one wanted him to visit.  That would have done more harm than good. They were mad because he didn't seem to be doing anything or getting anything done about it. 

The quote from a Democrat Senator was:

Quote: 

We talk about levees that couldn’t hold, about a FEMA that seemed not just incompetent but paralyzed and powerless, about a president who only saw the people from the window of an airplane instead of down here on the ground, trying to provide comfort and aid.

Now who was the senator who said that?

Quote:The quote from a Democrat Senator was:

Now who was the senator who said that?

Apples and Oranges here. Katrina vs 2016 Flood

But it was dumb to criticize George Bush.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6