Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Madden 17
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just made this play on it!

[Image: mmFn697.gif]

10 hour demo?

Make it a marathon session!  Smile

Do you have EA access or something. Man I'm having to play Diablo 3 to hold me over.
Quote:Just made this play on it!

[Image: mmFn697.gif]

That was BEAST!

I'm so hyped about this year's Madden. Because I have a feeling the Jaguars will be a sexy team to pick.
Second play of the game I sacked Matt Ryan with Fowler. Then ARob had a 51 yard jump ball td and then a 71 yard slant td.

Loving the new rushing mechanics so far.

I missed my first PAT attempt with Myers due to not practicing the new kick meter.... kind of fitting.
Fowler has a beast of a spin move
That's the closest either of those players will be to making a impact play in the NFL (Evans,McCray)
That's the closest either of those players will be to making a impact play in the NFL (Evans,McCray)
Quote:Do you have EA access or something. Man I'm having to play Diablo 3 to hold me over.

EA Access has a 30 day trial. And is only $5 otherwise.
In 16 i blocked 3 kicks in one game only time i ever did it an i still got spanked years past there were glitches like linin the back guys hand with the dts helmet would get u right in i like the addition of more blocked kicks an punts
I played the Cowboys in the Super Bowl. Won, 13-0.

Colvin had a blocked FG on their only trip inside the redzone. Witten fumbled in the 4th quarter with 2 min left.

So what's the verdict?

Anyone have it and pull yourselves away long enough to comment (both + and -)?

All + or all - need not respond.

Quote:So what's the verdict?

Anyone have it and pull yourselves away long enough to comment (both + and -)?

All + or all - need not respond.
I really like the new rushing mechanics. Seems to flow better than before. The return game just feels better, and the new kick meter makes it tougher. Defensively it's more balanced, a receiver like ARob who you could just aggressive catch everything can be better defended against.

That being said. I've had some issues with random timeouts being called even though I didn't press the button. Seems random games will just have it out for you and you drop every pass even when using the possession catch. (Was a Madden 16 problem too) Depth charts naturally need a little tinkering with. If you're on a lower difficulty, your ball carrier will automatically juke or spin which makes controlling them odd. Definitely need to play on All-Pro or higher. I haven't noticed anything glaring negatively, basically the same stuff from all Madden games.

If you like Madden in general, I think it's a welcome upgrade over 16. Plus you don't have to look at Beckham the whole time.
I like the live ticker at the bottom! That's so cool

Pros:

It's fun

Commentary is better

New kicking meter make its actually tough to nail some kicks especially with Myers

Play the moment is pretty cool

New zone coverage

Running game feels great

WR/DB interaction

Practice squad in franchise

stepping up in pocket

backspin on punts to pin them inside the 5

Cons:

Defenders still warp forward and break up or int a pass.

Blitzing seems to be the only way to get pressure

OL/DL interaction

I've had lots of dropped open passes

Lots of qb fumbles with arm going foward

Super jump linebackers

Challenge system still sucks

Halftime show

Ai clock management

Running and throwing animations everyone is the same

Aggressive catch at times feels op

Commentary def is much better
Playing on All-Pro

well finished week one vs packers.  Did some stat adjustments to make the team not as stupid as they have it, nothing severe minor tweaks.

missed 3 xps they are hard now

allowed 152 yards rushing in the first half 6 in the second.  Lost Odrick for 8 weeks Yannick is horrible vs run ended up putting Marks at end in the second and only allowed 6 more yards.

held Arod to 60 yards passing

had 136 to Arob 73 to ivory 6 to Yeldon

Bortles 310 yards 1 td 5 int 65%  2 picks were fluky 2 were over throws 1 was a jump ball in double coverage.

Plays better than last year  I adjusted the sliders to 90 on speed threshold and 70 for pass defense reaction time on both player and cpu

Why are the Colts 84 overall? They're better than half of the teams in the league. 

Quote:Why are the Colts 84 overall? They're better than half of the teams in the league.

Bc EA is all over dat dere Andy Luck
Quote:Bc EA is all over dat dere Andy Luck
They sure do have some fanboyism going on for the Golden Boy.
Pages: 1 2 3