Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The Donald Trump Presidency
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
I'm starting a thread for Trump and also one for Clinton.  The purpose is to speculate what each might do if and when they attain the Presidency, given what we know about their respective histories and what they have shown in this campaign.

What policies would they enact?  What promises have been made which are unlikely to be kept?  Who might be appointed to various Cabinet posts?  Who might be tagged to fill the empty SCOTUS position and future seats on the Supreme Court?  What might America look like after a 4 or 8 year reign?

Of course these threads are ripe for partisanship, but let's try to put some thought into responses.  Humorous as well as serious responses are of course welcome.

[Image: decentmordor.jpg]

Can't figure out how to edit the title, sorry Domald.

Quote:Can't figure out how to edit the title, sorry Domald.

Do I have to do everything around here?? :teehee:
The nations white house will be put on top of trump tower and the capital will move.  Thousands will migrate to the borders of the country to start construction of the great wall or to flee from the immigration police.  Out of fear of the presidents recklessness other countries negotiate with us like we are a loan shark out to break everyones legs.  Due to this the national debt is nearly cut in half during his first term.  Higher education and health care remain broken.

Too many on my couch, furniture sales soar.

A series of tweets from the White House every morning, then the media can spend each day trying to figure out what Donald really meant.

Quote:A series of tweets from the White House every morning, then the media can spend each day trying to figure out what Donald really meant.

@TrumpWhitehouse: Good Morning American...it's a beautiful today.

Media: Trump declares war on Russia!!
Quote:@TrumpWhitehouse: Good Morning American...it's a beautiful today.

Media: Trump declares war on Russia!!

this one made me lol
The contract for building the border wall has been awarded to the Mexican company Túneles Son Nosotros (Tunnels R Us).

I expect the cost of living to increase significantly if Trump is president. I'm sure we will here the narrative the cost of living is rising because the economy is improving but it won't feel like it for most of us. 

I expect a strong and dangerous contraction in the department of civil liberties with lots of executive orders being tied up in the Supreme Court like banning a specific religion from immigration instead of specific nationalities. 

I expect not much will change under a Trump presidency all the bluster of change has been used before you tell me what changed? 

[Image: Donald+trump+s+first+item+on+the+agenda_...753494.jpg]

The annual White House Easter Egg Hunt has been replaced with the Miss Toddler USA pageant.

Quote:The annual White House Easter Egg Hunt has been replaced with the Miss Toddler USA pageant.

It's about time for him to trade in his wife...I can see it! :thumbsup:
Quote:The contract for building the border wall has been awarded to the Mexican company Túneles Son Nosotros (Tunnels R Us).
"It's ok, it's ok that we're outsourcing this important job to a Mexican company. I told you we'd finish that wall. They're gonna build that wall, and it's gonna be a beautiful wall. It's gonna be an amazing wall, and you know what? Not only are we not paying a dime to finish that wall, but they're going to pay us for the privilege of doing it. They've agreed to pay us a 10% royalty on any goods or services rendered across that wall. Let me repeat that in case you missed it: Mexico is building that wall, and they're paying us to let them do it. It's gonna be a great wall, folks, a Great Wall of America. People in China, they're gonna look at that wall, and they're gonna say, 'Wow, those Americans sure do know a thing or two about building walls. They build some great walls over there.' And lemme tell you, folks, we do know how to build some great walls. Anyone can build a wall, but see what happens when you let America build one? Even the Chinese agree that America makes walls great again."
Donald Trump is impeached within 2 years, and we get President Mike Pence  Sick

An actual shakeup of "politics as usual" in Washington DC.  Perhaps a better economy.  National defense might actually get repaired.

We pull all troops out of Afghanistan and allow the Taliban to eradicate the world opium supply.

We pull all troops out of Germany and Japan. 

We keep troops in South Korea but only if every they replace the TV in each American household with a new Samsung every 4 years.

We pull our missiles out of the Baltics and work out a trade deal with Russia.

We team up with Russia to wipe out ISIS and restore peace to Syria.

We stop providing weapons and foreign aid to all other nations.

With the money we save, we put solar panels on every home in America.

Instead of mothballing old aircraft carriers we make them into hospital ships and keep them ready to provide disaster relief wherever needed.

That's a good start for the first week.
Quote:We pull all troops out of Afghanistan and allow the Taliban to eradicate the world opium supply.  Not going to happen.  If anything we should increase troop presence in Afghanistan.

We pull all troops out of Germany and Japan. Never going to happen and a stupid idea.

We keep troops in South Korea but only if every they replace the TV in each American household with a new Samsung every 4 years.  Troops will stay in South Korea regardless of stupid demands.

We pull our missiles out of the Baltics and work out a trade deal with Russia.  Not going to happen.  Missiles there are part of our obligation and we don't deal with countries that are hostile to us.

We team up with Russia to wipe out ISIS and restore peace to Syria.  Not going to happen.  We never will "team up" with Russia and peace won't come to Syria anytime soon (thanks Obama/Hillary).

We stop providing weapons and foreign aid to all other nations.  Not going to happen.  Weapons to certain countries is the right thing to do as is providing aid, especially as a result of a natural disaster.

With the money we save, we put solar panels on every home in America.  Stupid idea.  Solar is very inefficient and won't work in some cases.

Instead of mothballing old aircraft carriers we make them into hospital ships and keep them ready to provide disaster relief wherever needed.  Again a pretty stupid idea.  In case you don't know, we don't "mothball" carriers we destroy them by one means or another.

That's a good start for the first week.

So point out where I'm wrong.
Did you know before we invaded Afghanistan the Taliban and Pakistan had largely eliminated the opium crop?

Why is keeping troops in peaceful Westernized countries 70 years after the war a good idea?

Russia is not hostile to us. It's total propaganda from neocon war hawks.  http://www.washingtonsblog.com/2016/08/p...party.html

You seem to hate the concept of peace, JIB.  Most of your answers are for endless war. 

Why should the American people constantly provide money and weapons to other sovereign countries? 

Germany is the world leader in solar and they are at a higher latitude than most of the US.  Decentralizing our energy production is good.  Relying on imports or fracking is bad.

So spending millions to decommission and destroy carriers (with massive pollution a result) is better than spending the money to help people who really need it?

You seem to hate the concept of peace, JIB.  Most of your answers are for endless war.  Sounds like Hillary is your girl.

Pages: 1 2 3