Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Scrimmage Review!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Football is back! So much fun to watch. The Jaguars look ready to compete in all 3 phases of the game week in and week out. Let's breakdown some of the guys:

Dante Fowler - Complete monster of a game. Pressures, TFL, forced holding penalties, sacks.. It's surprising when he DOESNT get to the QB. He looks ready for a 10 sack season. His presence is legit.

Marcedes Lewis - I was impressed with his play. Scored twice. He looks like a beast in the red zone. I've never been a big fan, but he's growing on me.

Sam Ficken - I think we are looking at our new kicker. He seems very confident.

Prince Amukamara - I was never the biggest fan, but he competed his tail off this game. Awesome to see.

Allen Robinson - Beast mode. Nobody can cover him.

Yannick Ngakoue - Looked a little sluggish. Didn't make a crazy impact, but saw some flashes. Needs work.

Myles Jack - He's getting better and better. It was encouraging seeing him lay the wood on a few plays. He looked a little lost at times, but you can see him talking a lot and leading that second unit.

Luke Joeckel - Looks like he found a home at LG! Way more fluent and comfortable at that spot. Can't wait to see him against the Jets.

Telvin Smith - Fast.

Jalen Ramsey - Looks like Patrick Peterson. Huge size and strength, but definitely needs work. Love his presence as well.

Tashaun Gipson - Flying around back there again. Would have blown up DRob on one play.

Malik Jackson - Impact. Let's Fowler play like the beast he is.

Brandon Allen - Worth developing. He's not afraid.

Joplo Bartu/Jordan Tripp - Both should make the team.

Dan Skuta - Underrated! Making plays out there.

Josh Wells - Yikes.

Jason Myers - Yikes.

Jonathan Cyprien - Knows his role. Will never be a play maker, but definitely solid. He's better than Sample.

Cannot wait for the Jets game Thursday! Go Jags!
Rashad Greene-makes you forget Marquise Lee. And any guesses on how many return yards/return TDs he will have this year.
Quote:Rashad Greene-makes you forget Marquise Lee. And any guesses on how many return yards/return TDs he will have this year.
I dont want to forget about Maquise, he is so much better than rashad although I love Rashad for his big play ability. He ain't no Marquise. Dont kid yourself. We want a healthy Marquise. Ask youself would you rather have a 100% Marquise or Greene? I don't know the answer what you guys got?

Quote:Rashad Greene-makes you forget Marquise Lee. And any guesses on how many return yards/return TDs he will have this year.
I'd say he takes 2 punts "to the house" and finishes in the top 3 in average return per punt. Can't say he makes me forget Marquis Lee, because there has been nothing to remember so far, let alone forget. It is still nice to have a very reliable slot receiver who can also play outside if necessary. Whatever Lee gives the team is gravy. 
Greene is a gamer. He can cut on a dime. He makes me forget Lee too.

Actually check that, he makes me not want to rush Lee back in action. We're not hurting without Lee.
I've seen more drop catches and injuries with Lee than I've seen him catch a ball.
You can see such a talent difference, even if it is just a scrimmage. This will be an exciting team to watch.
Forgot about Greene. He knows his role. Crazy smart returner.
Quote:Forgot about Greene. He knows his role. Crazy smart returner.

He could easily be the Jags all time return man.

I want to see him run under some kickoffs.
Did Day get any reps? Didn't get to see it
Quote:Did Day get any reps? Didn't get to see it

Nah man he was out.
I think the defensive right side is gonna be a load to handle with Fowler, Jackson and Smith.

Yes he does... I believe Lee is in trouble..
Quote:Football is back! So much fun to watch. The Jaguars look ready to compete in all 3 phases of the game week in and week out. Let's breakdown some of the guys:

Dante Fowler - Complete monster of a game. Pressures, TFL, forced holding penalties, sacks.. It's surprising when he DOESNT get to the QB. He looks ready for a 10 sack season. His presence is legit.

Marcedes Lewis - I was impressed with his play. Scored twice. He looks like a beast in the red zone. I've never been a big fan, but he's growing on me.

Sam Ficken - I think we are looking at our new kicker. He seems very confident.

Prince Amukamara - I was never the biggest fan, but he competed his tail off this game. Awesome to see.

Allen Robinson - Beast mode. Nobody can cover him.

Yannick Ngakoue - Looked a little sluggish. Didn't make a crazy impact, but saw some flashes. Needs work.

Myles Jack - He's getting better and better. It was encouraging seeing him lay the wood on a few plays. He looked a little lost at times, but you can see him talking a lot and leading that second unit.

Luke Joeckel - Looks like he found a home at LG! Way more fluent and comfortable at that spot. Can't wait to see him against the Jets.

Telvin Smith - Fast.

Jalen Ramsey - Looks like Patrick Peterson. Huge size and strength, but definitely needs work. Love his presence as well.

Tashaun Gipson - Flying around back there again. Would have blown up DRob on one play.

Malik Jackson - Impact. Let's Fowler play like the beast he is.

Brandon Allen - Worth developing. He's not afraid.

Joplo Bartu/Jordan Tripp - Both should make the team.

Dan Skuta - Underrated! Making plays out there.

Josh Wells - Yikes.

Jason Myers - Yikes.

Jonathan Cyprien - Knows his role. Will never be a play maker, but definitely solid. He's better than Sample.

Cannot wait for the Jets game Thursday! Go Jags!

Just wanted to add Corey Grant in here... He look fresh and explosive... I believe he will jump Robinson for #3 spot..

And I cant forget about our boy Henne!! He still looks the same... Like trash.. He did make one good throw that was nice but Hell he going against the second squad.. Smh its sickening to watch a guy who has been in the league what 9 years and still struggle to make throws against a second unit defense.
We need to be sharper and start faster, otherwise it will be more of the same, close games/late game heroics.

Really its on Blake to come out looking focused and sharp early. If we can do that and then lean on our defense and run game, we will have the success that has eluded us for so long. My honest take away.
Quote:Just wanted to add Corey Grant in here... He look fresh and explosive... I believe he will jump Robinson for #3 spot..

And I cant forget about or boy Henne!! He still looks the same... Like trash.. He did make one good throw that was nice but Hell he going against the second squad.. Smh its sickening to watch a guy who has been in the league what 9 years and still struggle to make throws against a second unit defense.

I thought Henne looked good. He wouldve looked even better if balls slapping guys right in their mits were hauled in.
It got me real excited for Thursday and September 11th. Feel weird saying that.....
Lol at Greene making anybody forget about Lee...

I love Greene, but please.. Lee provides the one thing this Offense doesn't have at all. Deep Speed.

Greene is an absolute asset to this team and a very important piece. If Lee can actually stay on the field, he's brings an entirely different and much needed asset, that should never be forgotten.

Nobody is a threat to take the top off of a Defense on this team, besides Lee. Just him on the field, stretching the field will only help everybody else.

Grant is great in the straight line and has the kick return duty locked up in my opinion. Denard still looks better in the all around run game though. Denard has always flashed running the ball, it's just his on going issues with fumbles that makes all of us question him. Which is a huge issue obviously and this preseason is going to absolutely seal his fate there.

Fowler continues to impress and look all sorts of disruptive, but multiple people believe the OL is a huge issue. So what is it? You can't have it both ways. Either the OL is a huge issue and Fowler is just working on a bunch of scrubs, or the OL is just getting bested by a much improved influx of talent on the DL.

I believe it's a bit of both with the DL and OL, especially since Linder was out, but I still chuckle when people think Beachum is just going to step right in as the savior at LT. Hes yet to take an individual 1 on 1 and missed the last couple practices and scrimmage. Is 4 more weeks really going to be the huge difference that he needs for him to turn that corner and start playing all out and at a healthy NFL level? I don't see it at all, but here's to hoping he can knock off rust instantly and be ready for week 1 of the opening season I guess.

AR15 continues to be looking like he's taking that next step. The secondary also looks to be very much improved. Even though it's another glorified practice, the coverage just looks so much tighter than in years past.

Lol at Lee staying on the field
If you don't have any faith in Lee getting on the field this year, then you shouldn't have any faith about Beachum getting on the field until about mid season (at the earliest), honestly.

Pages: 1 2 3