Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Pressure!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Is it fair to say the pressure is on? On Gus, Caldwell,Bortles, and this team. This is year four of Caldwell's glorious rebuild.. The Jaguars have suffered three consecutive losing seasons under this regime...If this team doesn't win this year Gus won't be here, but will Caldwell be on the hotseat as well? Yes he has gotten us Bortles,and Robinson and Fowler... But he also has gotten us Joeckel,Gratz,Gerhart, and Cyprien and can't forget Gus..To have another losing season with top draft picks and Top FA is not a good look for Caldwell as well..

Personally I believe the pressure is on ! You can kind of feel it.. I'm hearing Gus is starting to jump down guys throat at the practices.. He knows this is a big year for him career wise.. Four losing seasons is not good for his resume.. I do believe he will improve as a coach... But not sure how much that will reflect on the team..

I believe Khan is not gonna put the pressure on these guys publicly, because he needs them to focus on their job... But behind closed doors it's fair to say his patience is growing near... The jags have to win!! Caldwells Four year plan is up.. The pressure is on...
Okay.
Quote:Is it fair to say the pressure is on? On Gus, Caldwell,Bortles, and this team. This is year four of Caldwell's glorious rebuild.. The Jaguars have suffered three consecutive losing seasons under this regime...If this team doesn't win this year Gus won't be here, but will Caldwell be on the hotseat as well? Yes he has gotten us Bortles,and Robinson and Fowler... But he also has gotten us Joeckel,Gratz,Gerhart, and Cyprien and can't forget Gus..To have another losing season with top draft picks and Top FA is not a good look for Caldwell as well..

Personally I believe the pressure is on ! You can kind of feel it.. I'm hearing Gus is starting to jump down guys throat at the practices.. He knows this is a big year for him career wise.. Four losing seasons is not good for his resume.. I do believe he will improve as a coach... But not sure how much that will reflect on the team..

I believe Khan is not gonna put the pressure on these guys publicly, because he needs them to focus on their job... But behind closed doors it's fair to say his patience is growing near... The jags have to win!! Caldwells Four year plan is up.. The pressure is on...

Absolutely the pressure is on. Don't think Khan doesn't hear the media hype. Make or break year for sure.

Also, don't mind Deacon's smug, persnickety attitude. God forbid anybody express skepticism after the past 3 seasons we have had.

The pressure has always been on. People have always been up in arms when we lose and far too happy when we win, nothing has changed.

Quote:The pressure has always been on. People have always been up in arms when we lose and far too happy when we win, nothing has changed.

That isn't a true statement. Caldwell said "I don't hold Gus responsible for the first 2 years". Things seem to have changed as of late.
Pressure crushes glass but it also makes diamonds.
Quote:Okay.
The pressure is on like a fat woman in flip flops. If Gus starts out 0-4 he will be gone.

As for Dave. His job is safer than anybody in my opinion.

Look at this roster. For every dud, he gave us 3 more stars.

Telvin in the 5th....are you serious.

Jack in round 2. Just wow.

Ramsey. Wow. Best player in the Nation.

Bortles. 2nd in touchdown passes.

Gipson.

Thomas.

House.

Colvin.

The list goes on.
Quote:Is it fair to say the pressure is on? On Gus, Caldwell,Bortles, and this team. This is year four of Caldwell's glorious rebuild.. The Jaguars have suffered three consecutive losing seasons under this regime...If this team doesn't win this year Gus won't be here, but will Caldwell be on the hotseat as well? Yes he has gotten us Bortles,and Robinson and Fowler... But he also has gotten us Joeckel,Gratz,Gerhart, and Cyprien and can't forget Gus..To have another losing season with top draft picks and Top FA is not a good look for Caldwell as well..

Personally I believe the pressure is on ! You can kind of feel it.. I'm hearing Gus is starting to jump down guys throat at the practices.. He knows this is a big year for him career wise..
️Caldwell? Nah.

Gus, Cyprien and Joeckel are feeling the pressure a bit, but no, not Caldwell.

NFL.com just said he had the most talent under 25 y.o. Of any team in the league.

He said he was gonna do it the hard way and build through the draft and then he did exactly what he said he'd do.
Quote:️Caldwell? Nah.

Gus, Cyprien and Joeckel are feeling the pressure a bit, but no, not Caldwell.

NFL.com just said he had the most talent under 25 y.o. Of any team in the league.

He said he was gonna do it the hard way and build through the draft and then he did exactly what he said he'd do.

Yeah i agree Caldwell more safer then Gus...
Quote:Absolutely the pressure is on. Don't think Khan doesn't hear the media hype. Make or break year for sure.

Also, don't mind Deacon's smug, persnickety attitude. God forbid anybody express skepticism after the past 3 seasons we have had.

It be like that for some jag fans... Lol..
I'm not real certain how my one word comment came across as smug and persnickety, but please let me state here that I am in no way telling anyone how to react. How you fan is your business, just how I fan is mine.

I do, however, think that a post talking about how there is pressure on the staff is a bit obvious. I'm not telling you how to react, I'm just trying to point out that it's kind of a common topic around here.
Quote:I'm not real certain how my one word comment came across as smug and persnickety, but please let me state here that I am in no way telling anyone how to react. How you fan is your business, just how I fan is mine.

I do, however, think that a post talking about how there is pressure on the staff is a bit obvious. I'm not telling you how to react, I'm just trying to point out that it's kind of a common topic around here.

Every Topic can be considered obvious.. But if you had read the post you would have seen that it was a question.. But because you failed at doing that you gave a ill comment... And their are no other post referring to Pressure on Gus, Caldwell and the team... If soo enlighten us..
[media]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y-MaaxgdUT4[/media]

The title of the thread just makes me think of this..

Quote:Yeah i agree Caldwell more safer then Gus...
More safer? Hes completely safe. This team is loaded with talent at this point.

Bortles, Hurns, Linder, Cann, ARob, Yeldon, Fowler, Ngajoue, Ramsey, Colvin, Day, Telvin, Jack through draft.

Julius, Parnell, Ivory, Gipson, House, Prince, Malik, Roy, SenDerrick through FA.

The talent is easily there. Gus and the rest of the coaches need to do theirnjob. Caldwell has pretty much hit a homerun whrn it comes to bringing in talent and got our franchise QB.
I'm singing under pressure by David bowie
If Gus can't manage .500 then he deserves to be released. We should definitely be in the playoff hunt this season
Quote:If Gus can't manage .500 then he deserves to be released. We should definitely be in the playoff hunt this season

But, what if a key player gets injured, doesn't he get a second chance
Quote:But, what if a key player gets injured, doesn't he get a second chance

No
Quote:But, what if a key player gets injured, doesn't he get a second chance

The only way I see that happening is if that player is Bortles and its very early in the season. But even then idk.
Pages: 1 2 3