Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Telvin Smith - Forgotten MVP Candidate?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Does anybody else get the feeling that despite all the additions to the team, Telvin Smith could be the Defensive MVP for the Jags in 2016?

He seems to be lost in the shuffle right now, but I think he will be around the ball all year and be the most consistent play-maker on defense.  Forced fumbles, interceptions, TD returns, big plays at big moments.  

Discuss.

Disclaimer:  No I am not an FSU fan.

Or he's just a average guy. But looked better than he is because the parts surrounding him were so bad.

Just trolling
Telvin is great but he'll never be an MVP or anything. The guys who grab the big attention are the guys who get sacks.

Disclaimer - Not an FSU fan.

I love this dude! His attitude, work ethic, drive, hustle, etc. I think he's the clear leader to be OUR defensive MVP. However, Gipson is also another who has a definite possibility. But Telvin has turned into one of the best defenders we have!

GO JAGS!!

What is more crazy....

Telvin in round 5

Jack in round 2
Quote:Telvin is great but he'll never be an MVP or anything. The guys who grab the big attention are the guys who get sacks.

Luke kuechly?? I think he is a guy who gets a lot of attention without sacks.
He said Defensive mvp of the Jaguars...not the NFL.

I could see him taking the next step and becoming our best LB due to his speed and playmaking ability. He also appears to be one of the leaders which will do wonders for Jack.
Telvin is my favorite player. Really happy he fell to us in the 5th round, lol. 

He could win MVP if he gets 200 tackles this year, but that's almost impossible. He'll have to get a few FF, INT, and a couple sacks to be in consideration.

Funny, he was in the very last pic from day 1 batch on main site. I signed on to the MB just to say this. Telvin Smith just has that home grown feel. Always upbeat, smiling, engaging. He is a true Jag, love the kat. With his experience in the system at this stage of his career and his range/dynamism in play, a definite Jags D MVP candidate over the rooks and newcomers who have viable pedigrees.
Quote:Or he's just a average guy. But looked better than he is because the parts surrounding him were so bad.

Just trolling

You're in Erie?  Are you from there or a transplant?

Oh, and Telvin is good.  Needs to be more disciplined at times.
I doubt he's that much better against the pass that he needs to be to be our defensive MVP. He still needs a lot of work there.

Quote:You're in Erie? Are you from there or a transplant?

Oh, and Telvin is good. Needs to be more disciplined at times.

Alittle of both
I love the way Telvin blows up the screens. 

Quote:Alittle of both

Well enjoy the weather for a few more weeks Wink

I grew up in Erie.  
Telvin is good, very good but everyone likes new toys.

Forgotten? What a moron.

I don't think any fan here has forgotten about him. I've said this off-season with all of the additions that now he should actually shine even MORE with his speed and athletic ability being better utilized elsewhere. His instincts are solid. I still expect him to make plays in the running game. But between him, Jack, Fowler Jr. and Ramsey. The entire defense will look noticeably more explosive and quicker. 

I would rather he assume a leadership role akin to the way Poz is the heartbeat and leader of the defense. We will need that son enough, I predict that this will be the last year for poz, only because he's just not able to keep up like he used to.
Quote:Well enjoy the weather for a few more weeks Wink

I grew up in Erie.
Thanks Smile
Quote:Well enjoy the weather for a few more weeks Wink

I grew up in Erie.  

Now that is eerie.
Pages: 1 2 3