Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Video of Drob driving into pond
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hahaha

What a dumb [BLEEP]
Hmmm. It really looks like he was sitting in the turn lane (about to turn south onto SS blvd from beach) and just fell asleep which made his foot release from the brake. 

"Why" he fell asleep waiting on a traffic signal is another issue entirely. 
Quote:

I was going to make a left turn, but then I got high. The car ended up in a pond, because I was high. The police couldn't wake me up, and I know why! Hey, hey! Because I was high, because I was high, because I was high. Da-da-da-da-ds.
Some people may find it funny.  It wouldn't be funny if something bad happened which thankfully nothing did.

He was just trying to catch a squirtle. 

Ok, so he simply fell asleep at a stoplight. That explains it,, and I understand
"First Coast News has obtained both Eastbound and Westbound red light camera footage. We have included both in this story."

No, they didn't.

But then, Last Place News doesn't get much right anyway.  The other angle would have been interesting to see.

Glad no one was hurt.  Could have ended up much differently.  A young lady just lost her life in head on collision recently.

Link to SI article that does have the other angle, or what little was released.

http://www.si.com/nfl/2016/07/20/jackson...-car-video

When you're seriously sleep deprived it's not incomprehensible to think you can fall asleep while driving. I was driving back from Valdosta the other week late at night and fell asleep a couple times.

Quote:"First Coast News has obtained both Eastbound and Westbound red light camera footage. We have included both in this story."

No, they didn't.

But then, Last Place News doesn't get much right anyway.  The other angle would have been interesting to see.

Glad no one was hurt.  Could have ended up much differently.  A young lady just lost her life in head on collision recently.

Exactly.  I saw a picture of one of the cars involved and all I thought was "oh my God".  IIRC the girl would have been celebrating her 19th birthday today.

If you ask me, somebody (let alone two people) falling into that deep of a sleep in a car certainly would indicate impairment of some kind, especially after going over a curb and ending up in a pond.  When they are finally woken up by police, one of them wants to go back to sleep.

Some people think that it's funny and make jokes about him (Denard) being high, but if he would have caused an accident similar to the one that you referenced and it was their 19 year old daughter, I'm sure the feeling would be different.
You can comprehend falling asleep at the wheel I suppose, but his behavior after the cop knocked on the window is bizarre, assuming (like the cop did) that he was stone cold sober.

The speed of his vehicle reminds me of the speed Derrick Harvey showed with his sci mma video
Quote:When you're seriously sleep deprived it's not incomprehensible to think you can fall asleep while driving. I was driving back from Valdosta the other week late at night and fell asleep a couple times.

You seriously shouldn't have been driving and should have known better.

Only once in my life have I ever felt like I was, but I wasn't foolish enough to push it.  I took a couple hour nap at the next rest stop.

Whatever the reason, it's just not worth it.  Ever.
Quote:Exactly. I saw a picture of one of the cars involved and all I thought was "oh my God". IIRC the girl would have been celebrating her 19th birthday today.

If you ask me, somebody (let alone two people) falling into that deep of a sleep in a car certainly would indicate impairment of some kind, especially after going over a curb and ending up in a pond. When they are finally woken up by police, one of them wants to go back to sleep.

Some people think that it's funny and make jokes about him (Denard) being high, but if he would have caused an accident similar to the one that you referenced and it was their 19 year old daughter, I'm sure the feeling would be different.

Yes but he didn't thus jokes being made and it being funny.
Quote:You seriously shouldn't have been driving and should have known better.

Only once in my life have I ever felt like I was, but I wasn't foolish enough to push it.  I took a couple hour nap at the next rest stop.

I had work in the morning so I couldn't pay.
Quote:You seriously shouldn't have been driving and should have known better.

The closest that I ever came was when my family and I were driving cross-country because of a military move.  We left out of San Antonio, Tx. with the intention of driving to Pensacola and spending the night.  When we got to Pensacola, I suggested that perhaps we could make it to Tallahassee since it was still relativity early, so we pressed on.  When we hit Tallahassee I thought "well, we could go to Lake City and make tomorrow's drive even less" so we pressed on.  Once we hit Lake City I was determined to go all the way.  Those last miles I had my window down, my wife talking to me, etc.

I'll never do that again.

Regarding this particular case, I think Robinson got away with a violation.  There is no way somebody is going to be that sleepy and tired and go over a curb and end up in a pond.  There is no way that after doing so they are going to stay asleep and try to go back to sleep, even when woken by the police.

The fact that no field sobriety test was conducted and the case was being looked at by the Sheriff tells me that there was some "funny business" going on.

I personally think that he needs to "wake up" and get his head on straight.  He may have gotten away with this one, but more importantly, the next time he is on the road in that condition it could cost somebody their life.
Quote:Ok, so he simply fell asleep at a stoplight. That explains it,, and I understand

That would explain it only if his passenger wasn't passed out <del>intoxicated </del> sleep with him. No way two people in the same car are so tired that they don't wake up after jumping a curb, splashing into a pond, and try to go back to sleep when an officer tries to wake you up. Thank God there was no one else in the oncoming lane moving at a high rate of speed or his bad night could have ended a lot worse.
The video shows just how fortunate he and his passenger were. That very easily could have ended with tragic results.

It wouldn't surprise me if this incident sent up flags that triggered a drug test by the league. It just does t look good.
Pages: 1 2 3