Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: If Bradley stays on par with a 4-12 season
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Will the Jaguars franchise be the hottest coaching spot in sports? We have never been able to lure a big name coach. But with this loaded talented team that has a franchise QB for the next 15 years. And young RB in Yeldon. 2 horses at WR plus Lee and Greene. With a game changing return man in Greene.

Then on defense Fowler, Jack, Telvin, Ramsey, Jackson and Gipson.

That new coach would be sitting on the clock with a top 3 to 5 pick and picks 35 to 37 in round 2.

Not to mention the job Khan has done with this franchise.

I mean, how could any coach not want to be our coach if this was to happen?

It's almost like we have most of this thing figured out on paper except for the coach. I think it could be the most intriguing job available in all of ESPN Land.
We really needed a new thread for this?
It's a completely different scenario, Rico.

I would like to know your thoughts on it though.
We had 5 last year with a lesser roster. if a coach cant do better than 4-12 with these players then no theres no reason to look at this like a gold mine.
If Bradley goes 4-12 then Trump should fly to Jacksonville in his Trump jet, look Gus in the eye and say......YA FIRED!
The effect of head coaches in the NFL is overrated greatly. General managers and scouting staffs are much more important. Even a "genius" like Bill Belichek would not win with Gene Smith as his G.M. Bradley has made some poor game-time decisions, but he has enough positive traits which will enable him to lead this team to the playoffs - if not this year then certainly in 2017-18. My main concern about him was whether he would fire assistants who were not performing and he proceeded to replace his close friend with Todd Wash. I also expect him to learn from his mistakes. His players will never quit on him and now he has a roster which will enable him to quiet the critics calling for him to be fired. No, he is not Lombardi, Parcells or Belicheck, but he does not need to be.

Quote:The effect of head coaches in the NFL is overrated greatly. General managers and scouting staffs are much more important. Even a "genius" like Bill Belichek would not win with Gene Smith as his G.M. Bradley has made some poor game-time decisions, but he has enough positive traits which will enable him to lead this team to the playoffs - if not this year then certainly in 2017-18. My main concern about him was whether he would fire assistants who were not performing and he proceeded to replace his close friend with Todd Wash. I also expect him to learn from his mistakes. His players will never quit on him and now he has a roster which will enable him to quiet the critics calling for him to be fired. No, he is not Lombardi, Parcells or Belicheck, but he does not need to be.

I agree with what your saying. However do you think this place would be fit for a king to sit back in his chair and make the playoffs for the next 7 years with all this talent plus another top 5 pick if Bradley fails again?
If we go 4 and 10, that would mean we have some major issues above and beyond just the coach.

Quote:If we go 4 and 10, that would mean we have some major issues above and beyond just the coach.

Seriously. I mean, apparently we just skipped 2 games!
I would think so. With another top draft pick with this roster I would hope someone like Gruden or Cowher would consider coming back to coaching this team. We would be an instant Super Bowl contender and that's what they would want.

I think Gus would be recognized as one of the worst NFL coaches of all time.. He would be fired before the season ended for sure. I think if we get to 2-5 he is gone. BUT! This team is very talented, and I would find it near impossible even for the worst NFL coaches to only win 4 games with this team. You would have to try to lose. 

He won't make it to 4 - 12 this year. He'll be fired midseason if that's the case. Which would hopefully give Greg Olson a chance to lead the team. Similiar to how the Buccaneers went about firing Lovie Smith and replacing him with Dirk Koetter this off-season. As far as us being an attractable location? Yes. The team is young overall. The offense has a lot of potential. The defense has a lot of youthful potential after this off-season. And overall, it's not like the AFC South is some beast of a division right now. A solid coach could oust the other coaches in this division. Pagano is overrated, O'Brien is not that good and Mularkey is Mularkey. I just don't know who you'd want here as the next headcoach though. Big name's are dying down now.

Khan should give the Hero Duval needs.... he should give us Tom Coughlin.

Quote:He won't make it to 4 - 12 this year. He'll be fired midseason if that's the case. Which would hopefully give Greg Olson a chance to lead the team. Similiar to how the Buccaneers went about firing Lovie Smith and replacing him with Dirk Koetter this off-season. As far as us being an attractable location? Yes. The team is young overall. The offense has a lot of potential. The defense has a lot of youthful potential after this off-season. And overall, it's not like the AFC South is some beast of a division right now. A solid coach could oust the other coaches in this division. Pagano is overrated, O'Brien is not that good and Mularkey is Mularkey. I just don't know who you'd want here as the next headcoach though. Big name's are dying down now.

Khan should give the Hero Duval needs.... he should give us Tom Coughlin.

Greg Olson is going to be a head coach. Sooner than later. Wouldn't particularly mind the scenario of him replacing Gus mid-season and seeing what he has. This all assuming Gus doesn't outright redeem himself and rack up some W's which just has as much as a chance of happening as him failing. 

last I checked there was two potential head coaches on our roster. Doug marron and greg olson

Quote:Will the Jaguars franchise be the hottest coaching spot in sports? NO lol We have never been able to lure a big name coach. But with this loaded talented team that has a franchise QB for the next 15 years. And young RB in Yeldon. 2 horses at WR plus Lee and Greene (no one cares about these 2). With a game changing return man in Greene hahahaha

Then on defense Fowler, Jack, Telvin, Ramsey, Jackson and Gipson. 3 guys who have done nothing in the NFL and a guy who is coming from his worse season?

That new coach would be sitting on the clock with a top 3 to 5 pick and picks 35 to 37 in round 2.

Not to mention the job Khan has done with this franchise.

I mean, how could any coach not want to be our coach if this was to happen?

It's almost like we have most of this thing figured out on paper except for the coach. I think it could be the most intriguing job available in all of ESPN Land.
A lot of "what ifs" going on at the moment.

Not enough "let's just wait and see's"....

Quote:A lot of "what ifs" going on at the moment.

We Jags fans have pretty much been "waiting and seeing" for a very long time now.

Most of us have gotten so tired of the "waiting and seeing", that the "what ifs" have to be brought up just for something new and different to talk/post about.
Quote:A lot of "what ifs" going on at the moment.

We've waited long enough to see. Since 2000 we've made the play-offs twice. That was in 2005 and 2007. It's been nearly a decade since we've been back. We haven't had a winning season since then as well. I was just finishing up high school that year. I am twenty eight now. I think we're on the right track. But this fan-base has been plenty supportive despite the small market and despite the losing product. I give Khan plenty of credit. He deserves it. He's taken a $760M investment and has essentially doubled it in four years. He's shown that he's committed. I do believe in Caldwell's ability to restore a roster. It's just his decision making now when it comes to headcoaches that concerns me. If Bradley doesn't maintain at the minimum a .500 record by week eight or week nine. He needs to be fired. I am normally very optimistic and patient when it comes to fandom here with this team. But enough is enough. 12 wins with 36 losses is just brutal for any fanbase.
Quote:We had 5 last year with a lesser roster. if a coach cant do better than 4-12 with these players then no theres no reason to look at this like a gold mine.

When the miner is only capable of using a teaspoon then there's no telling what the mine is worth.
It'd be an attractive job for sure. Lots of talent, good GM, good scouting, solid ownership. Can't ask for much more.
Pages: 1 2