Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: I know it's early, but what would a win against Aaron Rodgers and the Green Bay Packers mean to you as a fan?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3

A win in week one would show me that this team is a legit playoff contender for this year and the years to come, and in some ways could be seen as a "passing of the torch" type of win. Pretty much, week 1 is a virtual playoff game that will define our whole season.

It would mean a few things.

It would mean we're capable of beating a good team.  That's something we haven't been able to say for a while.

But mostly it would mean we were 1-0.  We haven't been able to say that for a while, either.  It would give us a reasonable shot at a decent start....again, something we haven't been able to say in a while.  We started out 1-1 last year, and that turned to 1-4 or 5, IIRC.

It would give me some confidence about the other 15 games.  That's what it would do for me.   It would mean we might be finally turning the corner. 

To me, it's a very very big game.  

It would give me hope, something I haven't had in a while.

It would make wilting in the 90 degree heat a little less painful and the 80 mile drive home much more enjoyable.

It would mean Rodgers is playing injured.
Don't matter 15 other games to play we can beat any team in the world In week one will not make difference would confidence improve sure but week to week consistency on all three levels of the game is what I want then well be beatin good teams bad teams teams with finkery doos an team's with finkery donts
Depends on how they won it.

If the Jags D plays legitimately well and pressures Rodgers into mistakes.... Then it would tell me the Jags *should* be able to make the 2016 play-offs.

But it's just one game and it's a fools errand to draw such big conclusions from one game.
If we can sack twinkle toes a few times that will give me confidence that these guys can sack anyone. That will give me hope that we can turn those narrow losses into wins .
Gus needs a signature win and Green Bay would certainly qualify.  A win would raise attention, energy levels and hopes.  It would be a big deal, at least for 1 week.  The national press would likely make it more about what's wrong with the Pack than how awesome the Jags are. 

A win against Green Bay should also boost confidence heading to San Diego.  A win there would also qualify as a signature win considering the team's problems with the West Coast and especially with Philip Rivers.  That would be a double monkey off the back.  

And then there's would be a 2-0 Jags team hosting Indy in London for early control of the Division.  Signature win #3 in a row?

I expect us to win.

What would it mean to me? It would mean we are on our way to a big year.
It would mean...

a. that the 'pack' had a really bad game and rogers was 'off'.

b. the Jags got extraordinarily lucky.

c. the air pressure in the ball should be checked and urinalysis should be performed immediately.

... other than that, I'd say it means we're 1-0, and that's about all it means.

It would mean that someone is going to die of diabetic shock after all the cake and ice team.
Quote:I expect us to win.

What would it mean to me? It would mean we are on our way to a big year.

This
It would they'd rank in the top five of the power rankings going into week two.

For me it would mean progress

I would be happy
I just want to hear Vics reaction.

After we win in week 1. it'll mean that I'll be able to tell you I told you so. Duuuuval
It would make me wonder the meaning of life
that the defense is superbowl caliber . the offense is getting better and special teams is .............. well, special !

Pages: 1 2 3