Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Corrine Brown indicted on 24 federal counts
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I would post a link, but for some reason I cant paste anything here.  Channel 4 has an article up on it.

The woman in Virginia who helped run the "charity" already pleaded guilty to the charges.  I think Mrs Brown is in trouble.

Go Gata!

Time to take the trash out..

RIP to the career of one of the biggest racists who were ever elected to office..
Only 24?

So basically, illegally maintaining and sharing state secrets gets you an oopsie-daisy on your way to the White House, but financial crimes turn into 24 indictments.

Not saying that I don't think Brown belongs in jail (she does), but again, something is amiss here.
Quote:So basically, illegally maintaining and sharing state secrets gets you an oopsie-daisy on your way to the White House, but financial crimes turn into 24 indictments.

Not saying that I don't think Brown belongs in jail (she does), but again, something is amiss here.
Corrine's last name isn't Clinton. 

It's funny because she's already playing the race card, and saying it's politically motivated.  The Justice Department is certainly politicized, but that SHOULD have benefited her in this instance.  The fact that they brought 24 charges against her speaks volumes.  They couldn't help her with this because her arrogance won out in the corruption battle.  She has been getting away with it for so long that she figured nothing was going to change this time around. 

Quote:Corrine's last name isn't Clinton.

It's funny because she's already playing the race card, and saying it's politically motivated. The Justice Department is certainly politicized, but that SHOULD have benefited her in this instance.
No kidding. Someone should remind her that the AG, who certainly gets involved when a sitting member of Congress is about to be indicted, is also a black female Democrat. Racism doesn't fly, nor do politics.

Good riddance to one of the most corrupt Congresspeople in recent memory.
The writing was on the all after her goofy [BLEEP] pathetically gerrymandered district was redrawn last year. She had no shot at winning so she was of no more use to the dems anymore. Hell the dems actually bothered to run a candidate against her this time.
The fact that she served more than one term is proof positive that the system is broken and doomed to failure. Thinking about her being there for so long and getting away with the criminal behavior and the complete incompetence she displayed in carrying out her duties is mind blowing.

[Image: image.jpg]

It's about time.

Too little, too late.  The people she's scammed will never get it back.

Good. So glad some of these corrupt, political crooks may be held accountable for their thievery. We'll see if she gets off the hook for this (assuming this is true; innocent until proven guilty applies for all).

If guilty of this charge, I sincerely hope the punishment fits the crime and she doesn't get away with barely a slap on the wrist.

I hope they can keep nailing crooked, corrupt, scum politicians. Keep at it, there's alot of them to get I'm sure!
Hope she gets the entire 350+ year sentence.
Quote:Hope she gets the entire 350+ year sentence.
I don't know, she's already survived 65 millions years. 350 won't do much.

Seriously though, we both know she'll plead to a bunch of felonies and be placed on probation or house arrest or some weaksauce "let's forget you ever existed" sentence. She would never be paraded past the cameras in an orange jumpsuit (and a fabulous hat, I'm sure) on her way to prison.
I've never heard of her.

Meh
Quote:I don't know, she's already survived 65 millions years. 350 won't do much.

Seriously though, we both know she'll plead to a bunch of felonies and be placed on probation or house arrest or some weaksauce "let's forget you ever existed" sentence. She would never be paraded past the cameras in an orange jumpsuit (and a fabulous hat, I'm sure) on her way to prison.
Federal charges.  She will do jail time no matter how hard she may try to plea it down. 

I listened to the press conference after her hearing, and the woman showed just how vile she is.  After ranting on about how she got the money to pay for the courthouse, and how she demanded minority participation in the construction of the facility, but that after the fact she found out that minorities weren't involved in the construction, so the courthouse itself, and all the agents inside are officially racist.  She then went on this tirade about how the shooting in Orlando, saying that the agents investigating her for these frivolous charges could have prevented a shooting that killed 50 people in her district if they'd done a better job of investigating the shooter. 

During the press conference, her lawyer complained that she was required by the court to appear today, and that they could have moved the date of the hearing to accommodate a sitting member of congress instead of treating her like a common criminal.  Apparently, she had some serious business to attend to with votes on the Zika virus, and an FAA continuation bill.  I don't know how congress managed to survive, but the common criminal didn't get the date changed to be more convenient for her.  Her lawyer then went on to call this a racially and politically motivated assault on her client.  Huh?  Black president.  Black AG.  All democrats.  What am I missing here?

The best part was at the beginning where she had her bishop, and another minister speak on her behalf.  You would have thought the Justice Department just indicted Mother Theresa, Ghandi, and Martin Luther King Jr. based on how they spoke gushingly about her and what a wonderful human being she is.  It was painful to listen to.

Corrine says she wants her day in court.  My guess is that before that day arrives, she'll have cooked up a deal to assure that she doesn't actually die in prison. 
Quote:Federal charges.  She will do jail time no matter how hard she may try to plea it down. 

I listened to the press conference after her hearing, and the woman showed just how vile she is.  After ranting on about how she got the money to pay for the courthouse, and how she demanded minority participation in the construction of the facility, but that after the fact she found out that minorities weren't involved in the construction, so the courthouse itself, and all the agents inside are officially racist.  She then went on this tirade about how the shooting in Orlando, saying that the agents investigating her for these frivolous charges could have prevented a shooting that killed 50 people in her district if they'd done a better job of investigating the shooter. 

During the press conference, her lawyer complained that she was required by the court to appear today, and that they could have moved the date of the hearing to accommodate a sitting member of congress instead of treating her like a common criminal.  Apparently, she had some serious business to attend to with votes on the Zika virus, and an FAA continuation bill.  I don't know how congress managed to survive, but the common criminal didn't get the date changed to be more convenient for her.  Her lawyer then went on to call this a racially and politically motivated assault on her client.  Huh?  Black president.  Black AG.  All democrats.  What am I missing here?

The best part was at the beginning where she had her bishop, and another minister speak on her behalf.  You would have thought the Justice Department just indicted Mother Theresa, Ghandi, and Martin Luther King Jr. based on how they spoke gushingly about her and what a wonderful human being she is.  It was painful to listen to.

Corrine says she wants her day in court.  My guess is that before that day arrives, she'll have cooked up a deal to assure that she doesn't actually die in prison. 
I feel as though my life was enriched by not having to listen to that conference.
Pages: 1 2