Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Favorite song by the following classic bands / muscians
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
What is your favorite song from the following musicians? Not what you think is their best work, but rather your favorite. If you don't like or are not familiar with an artist just leave it blank.

Beach Boys: "Wouldn't It Be Nice"

Beatles:  "Dear Prudence" (Happiness is a Warm Gun a close second)

Bruce Springsteen: "Pay me my money down" (cover)

Bob Dylan: "Tangled up in Blue" ("Visions of Johanna" a close second)

Credence: "I Put a Spell on You"

Elvis:  "I want you, I need you , I love you"

Quote:What is your favorite song from the following musicians? Not what you think is their best work, but rather your favorite. If you don't like or are not familiar with an artist just leave it blank.

Beatles: "Dear Prudence" (Happiness is a Warm Gun a close second)

Elvis: "I want you, I need you , I love you"

Wow.. Hard question because of the great artists.. I'll give it a shot..

Beach Boys/Kokomo

Beatles/Blackbird

Bruce/Dancing in the Dark

Bob Dylan/Mr Bojangles

CCR/Fortunate Son

The King/Devil in Disguise

Great thread..
Quote:What is your favorite song from the following musicians? Not what you think is their best work, but rather your favorite. If you don't like or are not familiar with an artist just leave it blank.

Beach Boys: Kokomo

Beatles: While My Guitar Gently Weeps

Bruce Springsteen: Glory Days

Bob Dylan: Never was a fan of Bob

Credence: Long as I Can See the Light

Elvis: Suspicious Minds

Regards................the Chiefjag
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Beach Boys: "Good Vibrations"

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;"> 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Beatles:  "A Day in the Life"

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Bruce Springsteen: Dislike him mostly, so kinda tough.  "Jungleland" and "I'm on Fire"

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Bob Dylan: "Like a Rolling Stone"

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Credence: "Fortunate Son"

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Elvis:  "Hound Dog"
This thread smells like a nursing home.
Quote:This thread smells like a nursing home.

Someone [BLEEP] their pants?
<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Beach Boys: "I Get Around"

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Beatles:  "Come Together"

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Bruce Springsteen: "The Wrestler"

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Bob Dylan: "Hurricane"

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Credence: "Born On The Bayou"

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Elvis:  "Mystery Train"

Out all of these choices it was the hardest picking for Credence. I was born in 1988. But my mom was heavy on these eras so I kind of listened to a lot of these groups growing up. I am also not a big fan of Bruce Springsteen but really three songs stood out. Born In the USA, The Wrestler and Devils and Dust. 

Odd list, ok I'll play.

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Beach Boys: "Help Me Rhonda"

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Beatles: "Hey Jude" ("While My Guitar Gently Weeps" and "I Am the Walrus" are right up there though.)

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Bruce Springsteen: "Born To Run" 

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Bob Dylan: "She's Your Lover Now" (probably 20 different tracks could have gone here)

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Credence: "Have You Ever Seen the Rain?"

<p style="color:rgb(40,40,40);font-family:helvetica, arial, sans-serif;">Elvis:  "Jailhouse Rock" (I guess, not much of an Elvis fan)

Beach Boys: "Good Vibrations"

Beatles: "Tomorrow Never Knows"

Bruce: "One Step Up"

Dylan: "Maggie's Farm"

CCR: "Green River"

Elvis: "Suspicious Minds"
Quote:Beatles: "Tomorrow Never Knows"

Good one.  Love Phil Collins' cover.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZggMvxagjGw
Wow, so many different answers

Beach Boys: Shut Down, or 409...I can't pick.

Beatles: Ob-La-Di, Ob-La-Da

Bruce: Glory Days

Dylan: meh

CCR: Travelin Band

Elvis: Viva Las Vegas

Beatles: Elenoar Rigby
Bob Dylan: Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Creedence Clearwater Revival: Bad Moon Rising
Beach Boys: 409 (not a huge fan)

Beatles: Lovely Rita as a single (caveat: I love side 2 of Abbey Road.  Can't hear one song without hearing them all).

Bruce: Tossup: Glory Days / Rosalita (Being from Philly, I've seen Springsteen in concert 3 times)

Dylan: Heaven's Door

Creedence: Midnight Special

Elvis: Viva Las Vegas

Beach Boys: "Good Vibrations"

Beatles: "While My Guitar Gently Weeps"

Bruce Springsteen: Not a Springsteen fan at all

Bob Dylan: "It's Alright, Ma (I'm only Bleeding)"

Credence: "Susie Q"

Elvis: "Guitar Man"

I'm also going to add Pink Floyd

Pink Floyd: "Echoes"
Beach Boys: Wouldn't It Be Nice

Beatles: Get Back

Bruce Springsteen: Streets of Philadelphia

Bob Dylan: Hurricane

Creedence: Have You Ever Seen Rain

Elvis: Suspicious Minds

Beach Boys -    God Only Knows 

<p style="font-size:12px;"> 

<p style="font-size:12px;">Beatles:  Dear Prudence

<p style="font-size:12px;">Bruce Springsteen:  I'm On Fire 

<p style="font-size:12px;">Bob Dylan Not Dark Yet   ( I could list 5 songs here that I love from Dylan)

<p style="font-size:12px;">Credence:  Who'll Stop The Rain

<p style="font-size:12px;">Elvis:   In The Garden  -  (Hymn by C. Austin Miles, but Elvis puts a nice vibe on it) 

Quote:Out all of these choices it was the hardest picking for Credence. 

I have always considered CCR to have some of the best overall song writing of any band.  They just don't write bad songs.
Quote:I have always considered CCR to have some of the best overall song writing of any band.  They just don't write bad songs.

They really don't. When I was a kid working at Subway we always had it on 96.9 The Eagle and they would probably run through four or five of their songs. Never got old. I was born in the wrong time. Music today is all about the same chorus and bar eating up 1.5 minutes of a 3.0 minute song. It's sad. No more story telling or soulful lyrics in the mainstream today. 
Quote:They really don't. When I was a kid working at Subway we always had it on 96.9 The Eagle and they would probably run through four or five of their songs. Never got old. I was born in the wrong time. Music today is all about the same chorus and bar eating up 1.5 minutes of a 3.0 minute song. It's sad. No more story telling or soulful lyrics in the mainstream today.

Are you saying the lyrics to Get Low aren't inspirational and soulful?
Pages: 1 2