Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Who is, in your opinion, the most physically gifted player to ever put on a Jags uniform?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7
Just from a physical talent standpoint, like speed, jump ability, size, agility, all that eye popping stuff.

Expert difficulty: No Fred Taylor

Ramsey has to be close to the top
J Smooth

Matt Jones anybody?
Off the top of my head:

Fred (obviously)

Banks

Mathis

Jimmy

Ramsey
I won't count WR Randal Williams because he never actually made the roster, but from a pure speed perspective I'd say Alvis Whitted, Tavian Banks and Corey Grant.

Joe Zelenka

Brad Meester

As far as overall size, explosion, speed, open field ability and skill it's Fred Taylor for me. But, since you took that from me. 

My next choice is Tony Boselli. 

He played at a premium position at a premium level that would have easily put him on par among some of the all time greats had he had the mileage to support it. For his size and for him to be as light on his feet as possible while still maintaining excellent quickness and hand eye coordination was extremely rare and impressive during his time.

He was just a brute too at times. A relentless finisher through the whistle. Just dominated everyone who lined up on him. He made hall of fame pass rushers look like college freshman players throughout his career. 

Quote:As far as overall size, explosion, speed, open field ability and skill it's Fred Taylor for me. But, since you took that from me. 

My next choice is Tony Boselli. 

He played at a premium position at a premium level that would have easily put him on par among some of the all time greats had he had the mileage to support it. For his size and for him to be as light on his feet as possible while still maintaining excellent quickness and hand eye coordination was extremely rare and impressive during his time. He was just a brute too at times. Just dominated at times. He made hall of fame pass rushers look like college freshman players throughout his career. 
Definitely the greatest big ugly we ever had.
MJD or Matt Jones
Quote:Definitely the greatest big ugly we ever had.

Yup! He's still one of the top players used as a gold standard or measuring tool for future LT prospects entering the NFL. You hear scouts and analysts throw it around every year or every other year. There's always a need to find that next Boselli, Munoz, Ogden or Pace. 
Based on the name alone, it's gotta be Long Ding.
Matt Jones
You have to put Fred Taylor ahead of everbody. The size and break away speed. And man, I loved that juke move he would throw on guys. Can't forget that hop-step, side-step.

Boselli for a big man, was gifted.
Brian Witherspoon
Ramsey
DD
I have to say J Smooth also, since Fred is not available for some reason.

Good question though.

This physical specimen...

[Image: John-Jurkovic.jpg?id=605aa169-b879-4f99-...&size=zoom]

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7