Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Hurns and Lee should split number 2 wr duties 50\50..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
That would be awsome..

Quality thread
Nope. Robinson and Hurns are our best receivers. Hurns should take the Lion's share of snaps as the #2 receiver. Only time he shouldn't be on the field is if he's hurt or needs a breather. Same with Robinson. Any other scenario. Maybe three receiver sets. Lee should be in the slot in those situations or we can maybe mix it up and put Hurns or Robinson in the slot in those scenarios and throw Lee on the outside. 

Robinson

Lee

Hurns

Blackmon (when he comes back)

Walters

Wilford

Green

Skuta

Purple
Quote:Robinson

Lee

Hurns

Walters

Wilford

Green

Skuta

Purple
He will be back, just you wait!  :teehee:
Great thread. That would be awesome, HERO OF THE DAY. I agree with your sentence.

Quote:Nope. Robinson and Hurns are our best receivers. Hurns should take the Lion's share of snaps as the #2 receiver. Only time he shouldn't be on the field is if he's hurt or needs a breather. Same with Robinson. Any other scenario. Maybe three receiver sets. Lee should be in the slot in those situations or we can maybe mix it up and put Hurns or Robinson in the slot in those scenarios and throw Lee on the outside.

I respectfully disagree. If Lee is healthy, he's more talented than Hurns. That's nothing bad on Hurns, but Lee has #1 wr talent.

Split the reps according to matchups/game situations
Quote:Nope. Robinson and Hurns are our best receivers. Hurns should take the Lion's share of snaps as the #2 receiver. Only time he shouldn't be on the field is if he's hurt or needs a breather. Same with Robinson. Any other scenario. Maybe three receiver sets. Lee should be in the slot in those situations or we can maybe mix it up and put Hurns or Robinson in the slot in those scenarios and throw Lee on the outside. 
Except that the coaches have already expressed a preference for Lee to remain outside and for Hurns to move into the slot in 3+ WR sets.
Quote:Robinson

Lee
Hurns Burns

Walters

Wilford

Green

Skuta

Purple

Fixed it for ya
Teams are going to gameplan against Hurns and get ripped apart by Lee.

I like the idea of Lee coming off the bench for 20- 25 snaps per game. Mostly outside - with Hurns kicking in or taking a breath.

They can be creative, utilize his speed, create mismatches, and limit his exposure to injury.

I think he can be very effective in that role and the Allens, Julius and Greene all still get their touches.

I do hope that if they keep that reverse run play in the book that they try to disguise it better this year.
Wonder if we will see Lee at KR this season? Every offseason (including this one) they practice Lee at KR but we never see him there come the regular season. He was pretty impressive at returning kicks in college.

Id rather have Hurns and Arob on the field as the prime outside targets. As Bullseye said the coaches wanna slide Hurns inside in 3 wide sets (which we should see a ton of) but when its 2 WR , 2 TE sets Hurns should IMO get the preference over Lee.

I admit a healthy Lee is much more talented and is possibly #1 threat talented but he's been everything but that since getting here and Hurns has been a warrior for us and seems to have Bortles trust. Until Lee proves himself capable of staying healthy in limited action Hurns should get the majority of the snaps as the #2.

Quote:Id rather have Hurns and Arob on the field as the prime outside targets. As Bullseye said the coaches wanna slide Hurns inside in 3 wide sets (which we should see a ton of) but when its 2 WR , 2 TE sets Hurns should IMO get the preference over Lee.

I admit a healthy Lee is much more talented and is possibly #1 threat talented but he's been everything but that since getting here and Hurns has been a warrior for us and seems to have Bortles trust. Until Lee proves himself capable of staying healthy in limited action Hurns should get the majority of the snaps as the #2.

Well I don't think anyone is saying just throw Lee out there as the #2 right now. He has to earn it.

But if it's week 6 or 7 and he's been a monster.... you don't sit him just because Hurns was available the past 2 years.
Quote:Wonder if we will see Lee at KR this season? Every offseason (including this one) they practice Lee at KR but we never see him there come the regular season. He was pretty impressive at returning kicks in college.
They worked him there yesterday during special teams drills.

I bet he gets a look or two in preseason.
Quote:They worked him there yesterday during special teams drills.

I bet he gets a look or two in preseason.
Ive been saying this for 3 offseasons now
Quote:Ive been saying this for 3 offseasons now
Well, he's healthy this time.... hopefully he stays that way and gets a chance to return a few. 
Quote:Well, he's healthy this time.... hopefully he stays that way and gets a chance to return a few.

Greene and Lee back to return kickoffs. I'm cool with that. I'd leave Greene on punts though
Quote:Greene and Lee back to return kickoffs. I'm cool with that. I'd leave Greene on punts though
Greene will definitely be PR1.   Perhaps Lee will be the back-up there. 

KR will probably be Lee and Grant, IMO.  Preseason should sort out the order. 
Quote:Greene will definitely be PR1.   Perhaps Lee will be the back-up there. 

KR will probably be Lee and Grant, IMO.  Preseason should sort out the order. 

Lee and Grant is a good combo. Grant's straight line speed alone can get him past the 20 before contact.
Pages: 1 2 3