Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: What is your current favorite song?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
There have been a three songs over the years that I've been obsessed with. When I was younger, I was really into Possum Kingdom by The Toadies. I listened to that song constantly. Then I heard Snuff by Slipknot and that was my obsession. I had to listen to it at least once a day for close to a year. I didn't feel the same way about another song until I heard Cirice by Ghost. There is something so haunting about that song, I love it. Even though I have always listened to heavy music ever since I was a teenager, I really didn't want to like Ghost since they are so blatantly satanic, but ultimately their music is so good, I just can't resist. Tobias Forge's voice is mesmerizing and the music is beautiful. 

https://youtu.be/KOrXKiSy8ZY

Pretty much any Sublime song. Been that way for 20 years  :thumbsup:

I'd Rather See Your Star Explode by Slaves
Water under the bridge by Adelle been hittin pretty hard lately
I'm old, so People Get Ready by Jeff Beck.
Weight in Gold by Gallant
You've probably never heard it.
Quote:You've probably never heard it.

You mean that one song from that one indie movie?
Quote:You mean that one song from that one indie movie?

No, the other one.
Mean woman blues..
Though an instrumental, not a song, Little Martha can squeeze a tear from my eye nearly every time I hear it, especially if it's a bourbon night. Duane and Dicky giving us perfection with acoustic guitars.

"March To The Sea" by Baroness 

It's about various drug addictions. But it has a fast paced guitar rhythm and bass background to it so it's not overly sappy or sad like a song from The Verve.  Honestly sounds like Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song" just more emphasis on the bass and less emphasis on the guitar and sped up. 

Jesus of Suburbia (all 5 parts) by Green Day

Very rock opera-ish. Loving the whole American Idiot album lately.

Recently released stuff goes to Cleopatra by the Lumineers. (If that is even new. I just heard it recently)
Quote:There have been a three songs over the years that I've been obsessed with. When I was younger, I was really into Possum Kingdom by The Toadies. I listened to that song constantly. Then I heard Snuff by Slipknot and that was my obsession. I had to listen to it at least once a day for close to a year. I didn't feel the same way about another song until I heard Cirice by Ghost. There is something so haunting about that song, I love it. Even though I have always listened to heavy music ever since I was a teenager, I really didn't want to like Ghost since they are so blatantly satanic, but ultimately their music is so good, I just can't resist. Tobias Forge's voice is mesmerizing and the music is beautiful.

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://youtu.be/KOrXKiSy8ZY'>https://youtu.be/KOrXKiSy8ZY</a>

Possum Kingdom is awesome!
Luke Kelly - Kelly the boy from Killane
"Love" by The Cult has also been coming up a lot for me lately. 

FREEBIRD!

There is some really eclectic taste on this board.

Shine on you crazy Diamond Pts 1-5

Pink Floyd from the Wish you were here CD

I got a little mud on my boots!
Pages: 1 2 3