Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
What is your current favorite song?

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2017, 12:05 AM by JagsFanJay.)

There have been a three songs over the years that I've been obsessed with. When I was younger, I was really into Possum Kingdom by The Toadies. I listened to that song constantly. Then I heard Snuff by Slipknot and that was my obsession. I had to listen to it at least once a day for close to a year. I didn't feel the same way about another song until I heard Cirice by Ghost. There is something so haunting about that song, I love it. Even though I have always listened to heavy music ever since I was a teenager, I really didn't want to like Ghost since they are so blatantly satanic, but ultimately their music is so good, I just can't resist. Tobias Forge's voice is mesmerizing and the music is beautiful. 

https://youtu.be/KOrXKiSy8ZY

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Pretty much any Sublime song. Been that way for 20 years  :thumbsup:

[Image: Jason-The-Good-Place-Jaguars.png?w=472]

I'd Rather See Your Star Explode by Slaves

Water under the bridge by Adelle been hittin pretty hard lately

I'm old, so People Get Ready by Jeff Beck.

Weight in Gold by Gallant

You've probably never heard it.
“An empty vessel makes the loudest sound, so they that have the least wit are the greatest babblers.”. - Plato

Quote:You've probably never heard it.

You mean that one song from that one indie movie?

Quote:You mean that one song from that one indie movie?

No, the other one.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Mean woman blues..
[Image: SaKG4.gif]

(This post was last modified: 04-01-2017, 09:51 AM by rollerjag.)

Though an instrumental, not a song, Little Martha can squeeze a tear from my eye nearly every time I hear it, especially if it's a bourbon night. Duane and Dicky giving us perfection with acoustic guitars.

If something can corrupt you, you're corrupted already.
- Bob Marley

[Image: kiWL4mF.jpg]

"March To The Sea" by Baroness 

It's about various drug addictions. But it has a fast paced guitar rhythm and bass background to it so it's not overly sappy or sad like a song from The Verve.  Honestly sounds like Led Zeppelin's "Immigrant Song" just more emphasis on the bass and less emphasis on the guitar and sped up. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Jesus of Suburbia (all 5 parts) by Green Day

Very rock opera-ish. Loving the whole American Idiot album lately.

Recently released stuff goes to Cleopatra by the Lumineers. (If that is even new. I just heard it recently)
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Quote:There have been a three songs over the years that I've been obsessed with. When I was younger, I was really into Possum Kingdom by The Toadies. I listened to that song constantly. Then I heard Snuff by Slipknot and that was my obsession. I had to listen to it at least once a day for close to a year. I didn't feel the same way about another song until I heard Cirice by Ghost. There is something so haunting about that song, I love it. Even though I have always listened to heavy music ever since I was a teenager, I really didn't want to like Ghost since they are so blatantly satanic, but ultimately their music is so good, I just can't resist. Tobias Forge's voice is mesmerizing and the music is beautiful.

<a class="bbc_url" href='https://youtu.be/KOrXKiSy8ZY'>https://youtu.be/KOrXKiSy8ZY</a>

Possum Kingdom is awesome!
“It is the job of thinking people not to be on the side of the executioners.”
― Albert Camus

Luke Kelly - Kelly the boy from Killane

"Love" by The Cult has also been coming up a lot for me lately. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

FREEBIRD!

There are 10 kinds of people in this world.  Those who understand binary and those who don't.

There is some really eclectic taste on this board.

Shine on you crazy Diamond Pts 1-5

Pink Floyd from the Wish you were here CD

Wants to join the "cereal box" dating service. I've dated enough flakes and nuts...all I want is the prize now.
[Image: mds111.jpg]

I got a little mud on my boots!
[Image: 5_RdfH.gif]