Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Single season sack record
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Who owns the franchise record? And can fowler beat it? I know tony brackens is the career leader, im just interested in what defensive records we could maybe see broken this season. Thoughts?
Fowler can beat it
It will be a successful first season for Fowler if he gets to half of Brackens team record of 12. 

I coulnd'nt care less about a sack number really.  I just want the guy to make a positive impact on this defense

Quote:It will be a successful first season for Fowler if he gets to half of Brackens team record of 12. 
Was Beasley's 4 sacks a success?
Quote:Was Beasley's 4 sacks a success?

Lol but he's athletic!
It's probably Tony Brackens I think with maybe 12.0 or 13.0 in a single season here. 

Brackens owns the top 2 single-season sack marks.

12 in 1999

11 in 2001
Quote:Lol but he's athletic!
Why do you have a Titans player in your avi bro?
Fowler has 0 sacks in the NFL for now.

Let's see if he can play at this level before talking about breaking this record.

Quote:Fowler has 0 sacks in the NFL for now.

Let's see if he can play at this level before talking about breaking this record.

Or we can have a discussion about it.
Quote:Was Beasley's 4 sacks a success?

Vic Beasley is a FOURCE athlete.
If fowler has a double digit sack season and the offense continues to get better then this team will be scary to play against in the offseason. 

Quote:If fowler has a double digit sack season and the offense continues to get better then this team will be scary to play against in the offseason.

Who is going to be scared of playing them in the offseason? Big Grin
I would much rather the team turn over and team defense scoring records fell
I would love to see some Def records(in our favor) be broken for sure.

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/nc-state-baseball-elliot-avent-umpire-meltdown-spin-move-060616'>http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/nc-state-baseball-elliot-avent-umpire-meltdown-spin-move-060616</a>

Maybe this coach could teach his spin move.......
Let's get him to opening day healthy and ready to play before we start talking about team records.  As long as he's affecting the QB, and doesn't allow them to take a lunch break and a little siesta waiting on their receivers to get open, it's a step in the right direction.  He looks great in underwear drills from the video that's been shared by the team.  That's a notch up from last year. 

This team record needs to go down!  We checked the box on the pathetic passing TDs last year, this is the next pathetic team to stat to destroy!!!

Quote:This team record needs to go down! We checked the box on the pathetic passing TDs last year, this is the next pathetic team to stat to destroy!!!

If Dante Fowler breaks the sack record at any point in his career, we'd have to give him immortality at that point, yeah? I mean, drafting the guys who broke the Pass TD record, Receiving TD record, drafting 4 top 100 players, and pulling off Myles Jack and Ramsey.
Pages: 1 2