Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Single season sack record

Who owns the franchise record? And can fowler beat it? I know tony brackens is the career leader, im just interested in what defensive records we could maybe see broken this season. Thoughts?

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Fowler can beat it

It will be a successful first season for Fowler if he gets to half of Brackens team record of 12. 

I coulnd'nt care less about a sack number really.  I just want the guy to make a positive impact on this defense

Quote:It will be a successful first season for Fowler if he gets to half of Brackens team record of 12. 
Was Beasley's 4 sacks a success?

Quote:Was Beasley's 4 sacks a success?

Lol but he's athletic!
"Get Better Everyday"

It's probably Tony Brackens I think with maybe 12.0 or 13.0 in a single season here. 

[Image: 4SXW6gC.png]

"What do I know of cultured ways, the gilt, the craft and the lie? I, who was born in a naked land and bred in the open sky. The subtle tongue, the sophist guile, they fail when the broadswords sing; Rush in and die, dogs - I was a man before I was a king."

Brackens owns the top 2 single-season sack marks.

12 in 1999

11 in 2001

Quote:Lol but he's athletic!
Why do you have a Titans player in your avi bro?

Fowler has 0 sacks in the NFL for now.

Let's see if he can play at this level before talking about breaking this record.

Quote:Fowler has 0 sacks in the NFL for now.

Let's see if he can play at this level before talking about breaking this record.

Or we can have a discussion about it.

Quote:Was Beasley's 4 sacks a success?

Vic Beasley is a FOURCE athlete.

If fowler has a double digit sack season and the offense continues to get better then this team will be scary to play against in the offseason. 

Can't wait to see whats next. 

Quote:If fowler has a double digit sack season and the offense continues to get better then this team will be scary to play against in the offseason.

Who is going to be scared of playing them in the offseason? Big Grin

I would much rather the team turn over and team defense scoring records fell
A good loser is a good loser

I would love to see some Def records(in our favor) be broken for sure.

(This post was last modified: 06-07-2016, 06:48 AM by Section105Fan.)

<a class="bbc_url" href='http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/nc-state-baseball-elliot-avent-umpire-meltdown-spin-move-060616'>http://www.foxsports.com/buzzer/story/nc-state-baseball-elliot-avent-umpire-meltdown-spin-move-060616</a>

Maybe this coach could teach his spin move.......

Let's get him to opening day healthy and ready to play before we start talking about team records.  As long as he's affecting the QB, and doesn't allow them to take a lunch break and a little siesta waiting on their receivers to get open, it's a step in the right direction.  He looks great in underwear drills from the video that's been shared by the team.  That's a notch up from last year. 

Never argue with idiots. They drag you down to their level and beat you with experience.
[Image: attachment.php?aid=59]

This team record needs to go down!  We checked the box on the pathetic passing TDs last year, this is the next pathetic team to stat to destroy!!!

Quote:This team record needs to go down! We checked the box on the pathetic passing TDs last year, this is the next pathetic team to stat to destroy!!!

If Dante Fowler breaks the sack record at any point in his career, we'd have to give him immortality at that point, yeah? I mean, drafting the guys who broke the Pass TD record, Receiving TD record, drafting 4 top 100 players, and pulling off Myles Jack and Ramsey.