Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Todd Wash mic'd up
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://m.jaguars.com/media-gallery/video...f4d6823427

Love the energy from him. Seems to be a lot more structured and focused. Can't wait to see this defense
Fowler's bend looks really good in that clip.

Quote:Fowler's bend looks really good in that clip.
 Oh..... considering ot was dummies i thought it looked pretty bad......... On the same note didn't look like he was going 100
pretty bad? on the second go around he was almost level with the ground.

Quote:pretty bad? on the second go around he was almost level with the ground.
Some people just grade differently.  He probably thinks DEs should be higher from the ground coming off the edge. IDK
I am over that whole "energy" thing with these coaches now. Or that label "Player's Coach". Don't care. All I want is production, results and effective cause with positive effect. A lot of children have great energy too but they manage to spout pure illogical nonsense at the speed of a bullet train. 

It's shut up or put up at this point. Some coaches are as silent as a mouse breaking wind in a small corner of an attic. And yet they manage to get what they need out of their roster. And some coaches are as loud as Metallica was at a live concert back in the 80s and yet they fall overwhelmingly short with their roster. 
Quote:I am over that whole "energy" thing with these coaches now. Or that label "Player's Coach". Don't care. All I want is production, results and effective cause with positive effect. A lot of children have great energy too but they manage to spout pure illogical nonsense at the speed of a bullet train. 

It's shut up or put up at this point. Some coaches are as silent as a mouse breaking wind in a small corner of an attic. And yet they manage to get what they need out of their roster. And some coaches are as loud as Metallica was at a live concert back in the 80s and yet they fall overwhelmingly short with their roster. 

I get that. But you have to admit that, from appearances, he seems much more capable than Babich ever was. Not to mention, Wash was the run defense coordinator and that's pretty much the only defensive area we excelled.
Didn't realize we had so many defensive coaches on this forum. Bend, LMBO.

On a side note, Blake threw some nice picks in the video.

Quote:Didn't realize we had so many defensive coaches on this forum. Bend, LMBO.

Thinking the same thing...
Quote:Didn't realize we had so many defensive coaches on this forum. Bend, LMBO.

I only saw a 1 pick, not plural
Quote:I only saw a 1 pick, not plural

My bad, I thought the first one was a pick.
Like the energy! Also I like how hes working with Dante alot,hopefully he is retaining the information.
I like how he was saying the defense finally looks like its supposed to look, and how he talks of having plenty of depth to keep the defense fresh.

Man it going be a lot of people eating crow at the end of the year or they will not even have a set to admit they were wrong SMDH.

Did anyone catch his comment about being too much of a match-route team? Does anyone know what that is specifically? Is that jargon for man coverage?
Well it is "underwear practice", but they do look pretty good.  I'm looking forward to game time action when it counts.

I have to say that Wash is giving a really good impression. Obviously it's non contact and it's just OTA but the way he talks (even during the draft, talking about players and everything) is a nice change compared to Babich.

And while he's nice about it and avoids being too direct he appears to me that he wasn't too happy on how the defense was coached over the last years, he mentioned a couple of times how unprepared they looked and were out there, he focuses a lot on the precision and details.

Hopefully it won't be just words and with more talent available we make a very good improvement.

So far, I like what I've heard from the man and his attitude.

Quote:Well it is "underwear practice", but they do look pretty good.  I'm looking forward to game time action when it counts.

So many jokes, so little time.

Regarding the OP, It doesn't mean a lot so early but you have to like Wash's approach.
Quote:Did anyone catch his comment about being too much of a match-route team? Does anyone know what that is specifically? Is that jargon for man coverage?

Maybe I'm missing it, but where does he mention that?
Quote:Did anyone catch his comment about being too much of a match-route team? Does anyone know what that is specifically? Is that jargon for man coverage?

He's referring to man coverage.
Pages: 1 2