Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Florida Heat!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
I always have mixed feelings about the games in the first half of the season because of the heat. It's hard to enjoy myself when I feel like I am going to puke or pass out. I don't drink anymore before the hot games Sick but haven't found that makes much of a difference. I started working out at the beginning of the year and haven't found that makes much of a difference either. How do you all deal with the heat? Any tips?

Quote:I always have mixed feelings about the games in the first half of the season because of the heat. It's hard to enjoy myself when I feel like I am going to puke or pass out. I don't drink anymore before the hot games Sick but haven't found that makes much of a difference. I started working out at the beginning of the year and haven't found that makes much of a difference either. How do you all deal with the heat? Any tips?
Watch the game on your 60" tv with the AC on at your home.
Quote:I always have mixed feelings about the games in the first half of the season because of the heat. It's hard to enjoy myself when I feel like I am going to puke or pass out. I don't drink anymore before the hot games Sick but haven't found that makes much of a difference. I started working out at the beginning of the year and haven't found that makes much of a difference either. How do you all deal with the heat? Any tips?

With things like this, I've found that it's easier once you acclimate to the environment. If you want to be able to withstand the heat, then get out in the heat. Spend some time each day out and about around 1:00. Gradually increase the time you're outside and remember to stay hydrated.

Remember, the time of humans with AC is a whole lot shorter than the time spent without. You can do it, you just have to erase the programming that's been done to your body.
Quote:Watch the game on your 60" tv with the AC on at your home.

Or you could just be a dufus and post stupid things on message boards....that's cool to do.
Quote:Or you could just be a dufus and post stupid things on message boards....that's cool to do.
lol, chhhammmmpiioonnshiipppp
Quote:Or you could just be a dufus and post stupid things on message boards....that's cool to do.
I thought it was a viable option to the question at hand. 

Well what my wife and I do is carry a Ziploc bag full of ice with a couple of small towels into the stadium.  As the ice melts it soaks the towels.  Either place a cooled off rolled up towel around your neck or drape the towel over your head and it will help to cool your body temp.  If all of your ice melts, just ask one of the vendors selling beverages around the stadium for more ice to replenish your bag.
Quote:I thought it was a viable option to the question at hand.

MAYBE, THIS time. I'm going from history.
My apartment doesn't have AC.

Sunscreen, a hat with a wide brim, and a coolant like JIB suggests.

Or she can put on her bikini and watch the game from one of the pools.
Wear a hat for one. And not one of those wool hats(lots of logo hats for teams are made of wool). Wear one that breathes. You'll lose a lot of heat through your head so don't trap it in. Drink plenty of water. Long sleeve Columbia shirts (even the short sleeve ones) kick the crap out of Under Armour as far as staying cool. Is like going shirtless in the shade all day long. Took me a while to wear long sleeve shirt (even the Columbia ones). But once I did...WOW!! Short sleeve ones are cooler and for a small duration like a game should be better. But long term outdoor expose I'd go long sleeves all day. Heat is only part of the battle. The sun is the other part you're battling. Block out the sun with breathable hat and one of those shirts, you're now just dealing with the heat. At that point, you'd be surprised just how easy it is. Now like one person said above, yes being acclimated will help a lot too. That's a bigge. But take my advice and give it a shot.

I've spent 10 years landscaping in Florida. That was my trick. ( or rather everyone's trick).
Oh, and one other trick, Gold Bond! Put it on the twig and berries. I used the green bottle! Oooohhh weeee, now that did take some time to get used to. The gold bottle works fine too. But the green bottle is like having AC down there. Put some on your butt cheeks too. I also use the UA boxers very loose and breathable. After that trick, never had to worry about the heat downstairs.

Edit: apply when dry!!!! Don't use the green bottle after a shower.
If none of that works for you then the 60" is your best bet.
Quote:Watch the game on your 60" tv with the AC on at your home.
You. You are the reason that the Jaguars are moving to Los Angeles.
Is it likely to be hot around 25th September?..

Quote:Is it likely to be hot around 25th September?..

Likely? I'd say it's almost a certainty. Doesnt truly cool off until mid/late October. Even after that in Nov/Dec 80+ isn't abnormal.
Quote:You. You are the reason that the Jaguars are moving to Los Angeles.

London.
Quote:Likely? I'd say it's almost a certainty. Doesnt truly cool off until mid/late October. Even after that in Nov/Dec 80+ isn't abnormal.

That's what I wanted to hear..
Quote:You. You are the reason that the Jaguars are moving to Los Angeles.

Again?
Pages: 1 2 3 4