Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Peyton: 'I was pretty close' to signing with Titans in '12
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Quote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...tans-in-12

I'm sure he takes the first half hour every morning he wakes up thanking God he got with the all star team of Broncos instead of ending up in the titans quagmire. Completely changed the perception of his career. Instead of being a guy that barely won a single Superbowl and appeared in one other he got into two more SBs and got another win.

Sure he'd have lifted the titans to more wins, probably made a .500 or better team of them, but that was clearly a team that wasn't going to any Superbowls.
I'm pretty sure he was just appeasing the crowd he was speaking to. Pure politician move.

He might as well be saying he was minutes away from signing with the Harlem Globetrotters too...since we are playing make believe.
Quote:I'm pretty sure he was just appeasing the crowd he was speaking to. Pure politician move.

Yep, exactly. There's a good chance he has something to do with Tennessee and football at some later point and he was just setting the tone.

There was exactly a 0% chance that he, and his surgically repaired neck, would have ever played a down for the tacks, ZERO, but it makes them feel good to hear it and he knows that they will actually believe it too.
Quote:He might as well be saying he was minutes away from signing with the Harlem Globetrotters too...since we are playing make believe.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he also went to Hogwarts, I could be wrong though.
Lol at peyton going to the titans. Pure fluff talk for a future with the organization. They didnt have half the offensive talent and to compare the defenses is a joke.
Maybe if the place he was getting his PEDs from was located in Nashville, then it could geographically be considered that he was "pretty close." Other than that...yeah right.
Well that would have been awful...