Create Account

Board Performance Issues We are aware of performance issues on the board and are working to resolve them! The board may be intermittently unavailable during this time. (May 07) x

The Jungle is self-supported by showing advertisements via Google Adsense.
Please consider disabling your advertisement-blocking plugin on the Jungle to help support the site and let us grow!
We also show significantly less advertisements to registered users, so create your account to benefit from this!
Questions or concerns about this ad? Take a screenshot and comment in the thread. We do value your feedback.
Peyton: 'I was pretty close' to signing with Titans in '12

We show less advertisements to registered users. Accounts are free; join today!

Quote:http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...tans-in-12

I'm sure he takes the first half hour every morning he wakes up thanking God he got with the all star team of Broncos instead of ending up in the titans quagmire. Completely changed the perception of his career. Instead of being a guy that barely won a single Superbowl and appeared in one other he got into two more SBs and got another win.

Sure he'd have lifted the titans to more wins, probably made a .500 or better team of them, but that was clearly a team that wasn't going to any Superbowls.

I'm pretty sure he was just appeasing the crowd he was speaking to. Pure politician move.

He might as well be saying he was minutes away from signing with the Harlem Globetrotters too...since we are playing make believe.
What in the Wide Wide World of Sports is agoin' on here???

Quote:I'm pretty sure he was just appeasing the crowd he was speaking to. Pure politician move.

Yep, exactly. There's a good chance he has something to do with Tennessee and football at some later point and he was just setting the tone.

There was exactly a 0% chance that he, and his surgically repaired neck, would have ever played a down for the tacks, ZERO, but it makes them feel good to hear it and he knows that they will actually believe it too.

I survived the Gus Bradley Error.

Quote:He might as well be saying he was minutes away from signing with the Harlem Globetrotters too...since we are playing make believe.

I'm pretty sure I read somewhere that he also went to Hogwarts, I could be wrong though.

[Image: 5S5POfa.jpg]

80% of what I talk about is nonesense.. the other 25% is made up statistics...

Lol at peyton going to the titans. Pure fluff talk for a future with the organization. They didnt have half the offensive talent and to compare the defenses is a joke.

Maybe if the place he was getting his PEDs from was located in Nashville, then it could geographically be considered that he was "pretty close." Other than that...yeah right.

Well that would have been awful...