Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Myles Jack
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Besides the fact that I'd like to start a discussion on him, I just saw on his Instagram story that he is 221 pounds right now. For reference, ESPN still has him listed at 247. That's a pretty big difference! If you thought he was fast last year...

Also just want to talk about his playing time this season and where you guys think he fits best. Seems almost like a forgotten guy on our defense. We need him to be a stud.
Quote:Besides the fact that I'd like to start a discussion on him, I just saw on his Instagram story that he is 221 pounds right now. For reference, ESPN still has him listed at 247. That's a pretty big difference! If you thought he was fast last year...

Also just want to talk about his playing time this season and where you guys think he fits best. Seems almost like a forgotten guy on our defense. We need him to be a stud.
221 is like Telvin Smith weight. That seems too small to play strong side or middle. Am I missing something? Sure he will be fast but will he hold up in the run? 
Quote:221 is like Telvin Smith weight. That seems too small to play strong side or middle. Am I missing something? Sure he will be fast but will he hold up in the run?

The game is uh changin bruh. That's big enough for a linebacker these days. Teams emphasize speed much more than size. This ain't your grandpappy's NFL anymore.
I think 222 would fit him much better than 221.

I would imagine he'll out on some weight for the season. Wouldn't surprise me at all if his normal off-season weight is in the 220s. Weighing 250 year round can be a pain in the [BLEEP].

Much like fighters who generally walk around 20 or so pounds heavier than their fighting weight.
Quote:221 is like Telvin Smith weight. That seems too small to play strong side or middle. Am I missing something? Sure he will be fast but will he hold up in the run? 
Defenses end up playing a lot of nickel defense due to teams using more WRs in formations. So that may have something to do with the weight loss. I still think we will end up coming back around to people running the ball at under sized guys in a few years. Everything goes in a cycle.
Deion Jones is listed at 222 lbs. and he was a beast for the Falcons last season.

Quote:The game is uh changin bruh. That's big enough for a linebacker these days. Teams emphasize speed much more than size. This ain't your grandpappy's NFL anymore.

That's not big enough for a MLB !!   Teams still run the ball, offensive lineman are getting bigger.  We can't have Derek Henry smacking around our little panzy MLB.

In any event, I always thought he'd be a better OLB as I envision a Ray Lewis type MLB if we want to be elite.

Heck, Dont'a Hightower is 270 Pounds !!

Mike Peterson was fine at under 230.  Sure, there are prototypes that are bigger.  (A lot of Jags fans don't like that based on the Poz bashing.)  But you don't need a prototypical mold to be a great player.  In fact, many of the greats were outside prototypes.  Atypical, not typical players.

Jack's weight doesn't mean jack to me.

If he slips to 220 or less, we should cut him.  That'll teach him a lesson.

Isn't it possible that the Instagram article is wrong?
I'd have Jack play MLB on nickel downs. 

Let Poz play the run in base formation and run Jack out there when you go to nickel. 

I'd also wager he'll be up over 230 lbs by September. 

Mike Singletary

6' 0" (I've seen a source with 5' 11")

Quote:Isn't it possible that the Instagram article is wrong?

[Image: ken-jennings-celebrity-quote-if-its-on-t...tta-be.jpg]
I need some evidence of this 221.
I've been wondering what if Ramsey was taken and they drafted Myles Jack in the first round #5 instead of the second.   How would he be perceived right now?  

He could put 10-15 pounds of fat and we'd barely notice. If he's 221 lbs, he's losing unnecessary weight that'll only make him faster.
Quote:I've been wondering what if Ramsey was taken and they drafted Myles Jack in the first round #5 instead of the second.   How would he be perceived right now?  

Skinny Little Bust
Quote:I need some evidence of this 221.

here's a pic of him playing some rec league last week

[Image: cristiano-ronaldo-538-neymar-takes-his-s...n-2012.jpg]
[Image: 3ffe94923a5b4fef779c28297f87d80e59354f16...b45070.jpg]

Pages: 1 2 3 4