Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Idiocracy
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I was thinking this morning that the plot of this movie is actually coming to fruition in this country. As more and more low IQ and lazy people continue to breed, eventually they will become the mass majority of people in this country and the possibility of a guy like Sanders becoming POTUS becomes a real possibility.

This country is doomed.
IT WASN'T A DOCUMENTARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Quote:IT WASN'T A DOCUMENTARY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mike Judge is smarter than he gets credit for.
IQ scores and overall intelligence have been and are currently rising at a steady pace. They've been doing so since 1930. Our great grand parent would be considered mentally [BLEEP] according to our current tests and definitions.

Quote:I was thinking this morning that the plot of this movie is actually coming to fruition in this country. As more and more low IQ and lazy people continue to breed, eventually they will become the mass majority of people in this country and the possibility of a guy like Sanders Trump becoming POTUS becomes a real possibility.

This country is doomed.

FTFY

Seriously, if you think Trump is any better than Bernie, and there are enough Trumpettes to get your boy elected, this country is indeed doomed.

Quote:FTFY

Seriously, if you think Trump is any better than Bernie, and there are enough Trumpettes to get your boy elected, this country is indeed doomed.

What u guys say about those IQ scores again?
Quote:What u guys say about those IQ scores again?

[Image: giphy.gif]
This young generation is the laziest this country has ever seen.

-Every generation in this country

The Donald loves the uneducated.
Quote:FTFY

Ya, I mean, the moment he gets sworn into office the country will literally explode, burn down, and become detached from Earth all at the same time... causing us to float through space for eternity as flaming bits of America. That's gonna suck.

#doomed

What? I thought that all happened under Obama...
Quote:What? I thought that all happened under Obama...

He's only got 8 months left to take everyone's guns
Quote:IQ scores and overall intelligence have been and are currently rising at a steady pace. They've been doing so since 1930. Our great grand parent would be considered mentally [BLEEP] according to our current tests and definitions.

Just read the parts in bold and think about it.
Quote:Just read the parts in bold and think about it.

When you can't improve the results just lower the standard.
Quote:He's only got 8 months left to take everyone's guns

He did better by just shipping a bunch of guns to drug lords in Mexico. turns out he's PRO-gun. fancy that.
Quote:When you can't improve the results just lower the standard.
They had current students take various intelligence tests from various decades and they scored consistently higher than the students from those decades.
Quote:They had current students take various intelligence tests from various decades and they scored consistently higher than the students from those decades.

Nice!

And can easily be confirmed, even on a right wing rag like the wall street journal...

Really interesting article that discusses how the changing nature of society has created a more analytical population.
Quote:When you can't improve the results just lower the standard.

As a teacher I can say that my class requirements are significantly greater than when I started a decade ago and a whole heck of a lot more stringent than when I graduated a few decades ago. Also, math class expectations are a lot higher too. Heck, when I graduated from high school we didn't even have accountability tests to prove we knew the material. It was all up to the teacher whether you got credit. Kids today are at least taking tests to prove whether they known something about the material.
Quote:They had current students take various intelligence tests from various decades and they scored consistently higher than the students from those decades.

The thing is, what is a true and accurate measure of intelligence?  I personally have seen students that can explain the physics of flight and electronics, but didn't know how to use common hand tools (screwdriver, wrench, pliers, etc.).  By the same token, I've seen some that could barely spell their own name build wonderful things.
Quote:The thing is, what is a true and accurate measure of intelligence? 

The same standards that measure sex, gender and identity.
Pages: 1 2