Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: My friend on jalen Ramsey..
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
My friend says the reason the jets d was good for years.. Is because of Darelle revis..

He also went on to say if u have a true shutdown cb.. it allows that team to win inside and outside their division..

That's why the jets were so good.. Its because revis was shutting down shop week in week out..

Hopefully jalen can bring that same mentality to this team.. Charley casserly said Ramsey is 9 int waiting to happen.. The jags just need to pressure the qb..

Ramsey takes away one side of the field.. So Fowler Jackson marks jack can smash qbs..
Yeap
Last time the jets were good I think Testaverde was Qb
Tru dat
All three of those responses are freakin hillarious! LOL! I just wonder why Bosa is starting threads

Ummmm didnt the jets go to the afc champ game with Sancheezo
Quote:Ummmm didnt the jets go to the afc champ game with Sancheezo

Yeah. Twice in a row. His rookie and 2nd year I believe. I knew thats what Hero meant but those responses got me rollin
I would like to know what Wolfie's dad thinks before I make my final decision.
Quote:I would like to know what Wolfie's dad thinks before I make my final decision.
first think that came to my mind
Quote:My friend says the reason the jets d was good for years.. Is because of Darelle revis..

I'm confused here. When were the Jets good for years?

I think people under estimate Davon House on here too, with Jalen Ramsey & House on the outside provide TaShaun is able to perform FS the way that Sergio Brown & Josh Evans had failed to ... and with Telvin, Poz, and Myles Jack the Defense should be good but shallow depth.. and SS is still a problem along with Leo unproven..

Put the Jets aside for a minute. Don't underestimate Revis' contribution to the Patriots' winning the SB 2 years ago. His one year with them was a marvelous one, he shut down half the field most of the time and allowed the other 10 guys on defense to focus on the rest. His contribution cannot be overemphasized. 

I would even argue that the great Malcolm Butler emerged b/c of Revis' stellar play.

Quote:I'm confused here. When were the Jets good for years?
Last year was one, but with Sanchez @ qb when Revis was in his prime they went to back to back title games, so technically they were good for years... as in 2... Still you can't really argue the point, when Mathis was in his prime he was a very good corner and usually people who went vs him were shut down. 
Quote:I'm confused here. When were the Jets good for years?

Their defense was great for a while. Offensively, well...
It's a combination of things. Sure, Revis was good at what he did for the Jets for years. But let's not forget how insanely awesome and efficient Rex Ryan was during his tenure there. He had an incredible habit of ohhhhh I dont know... loading up eight to nine guys in the box and performing blitzkrieg sessions on quarterbacks left and right. Not to discredit Revis in anyway. The man can cover. But it's certainly easier to cover when you've got a front seven capable of ransacking an offensive line.

Quote:Put the Jets aside for a minute. Don't underestimate Revis' contribution to the Patriots' winning the SB 2 years ago. His one year with them was a marvelous one, he shut down half the field most of the time and allowed the other 10 guys on defense to focus on the rest. His contribution cannot be overemphasized.

I would even argue that the great Malcolm Butler emerged b/c of Revis' stellar play.
"the great Malcolm Butler"
He will always be the great Malcolm Butler to me for that play in the SB against the Seahawks. He is also a pretty good player, last year he took on every team's best receiver and did a pretty good job.

Quote:It's a combination of things. Sure, Revis was good at what he did for the Jets for years. But let's not forget how insanely awesome and efficient Rex Ryan was during his tenure there. He had an incredible habit of ohhhhh I dont know... loading up eight to nine guys in the box and performing blitzkrieg sessions on quarterbacks left and right. Not to discredit Revis in anyway. The man can cover. But it's certainly easier to cover when you've got a front seven capable of ransacking an offensive line.

One great player can make a group of good-ish players look very good.

Two great players elevate everyone else.

Then of course you have the 85 Bears.

When you have a front seven that not only ransack the OL and QB, but take away the short stuff

with a secondary that establishes a "No Fly Zone", then you dominate.

Thats what I hope that Ramsey, Jack and Fowler bring to us.

HeadSlap
I still have nightmares involving Richard Dent.

The Patriots lost the 1963 AFL Championship Game to the Chargers 51-10; their next Championship game was that one against the 85 Bears and they lost 46-10 so there was improvement. IIRC, the Pats scored first in that SB but that just served to rile up the Bears.

Tell your friend to get off him!  Ramsey has to start work soon.

Pages: 1 2