Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Cool SI article on Myles Jack became a Jaguar
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Just an amazing article, this kid really wanted to be in Jacksonville, David and Gus knew it. You could tell Dave was getting emotional when he informed Jack he'd be the pick at 36, just a really cool story. Destiny is an awesome thing!

Quote:Just an amazing article, this kid really wanted to be in Jacksonville, David and Gus knew it. You could tell Dave was getting emotional when he informed Jack he'd be the pick at 36, just a really cool story. Destiny is an awesome thing!
That makes it good.

Reading that about Jack and listening to Ramsey, I got the sense they were happy to be in Jacksonville...not settling because it's out of their control.
You could hear Dave's voice cracking talking to Jack on the phone. Emotional.

After reading up on this kid, I absolutely love him.  He's got a fire, a drive that is going to be a real asset.  You couple that with his athletic ability and the sky is the limit for him.

I've read similar things about Ramsey as well.  He's an intense kid with the athletic ability to make him special.

Both are going to be great here. 

Quote:That makes it good.

Reading that about Jack and listening to Ramsey, I got the sense they were happy to be in Jacksonville...not settling because it's out of their control.

I get that sense too, just an amazing time to be a Jags fan. I'm still in awe we got both of these guys
Quote:You could hear Dave's voice cracking talking to Jack on the phone. Emotional.

I heard that too.  I was wondering if others did.  I loved it.  It was a raw moment captured on camera.  Dave wanted him here and he wanted to be here.
Quote:You could hear Dave's voice cracking talking to Jack on the phone. Emotional.

Yep, we're so fortunate to have a guy like Dave running this team, the guy has incredible work ethic, intelligence, humility, and integrity. I remember watching an interview Dave did for his hometown (I believe he's from Buffalo, NY) and he was talking about the impact his parents have had on his life, it was an emotional moment as well. This Jaguar organization has a "family" feel to it, that starts at the top with Shad Khan/David Caldwell and permeates throughout the rest of the organization. 

This may be a blessing for Myles because, if he stays healthy and becomes a pro bowler, he'll be a year closer to his mega-contract since the rookie contract for 2nd rounders is only 4 years long versus the 5-year contract for 1st rounders.

Great to have you here Myles.  I agree, you're where you need to be.

Quote:I heard that too.  I was wondering if others did.  I loved it.  It was a raw moment captured on camera.  Dave wanted him here and he wanted to be here.

Oh yeah...screw Olivier Vernon!
Hopefully this is a blessing in disguise for both the player and the franchise.

That was a great read. Really enjoyed it.

That was a great read, thanks.

Dave got emotional not only when calling him for the pick but also in the press conference right after it, great stuff.
Quote:“Doctors are like scouts and personnel evaluators,” Caldwell says. “Every doctor has an opinion, and ours consulted quite a few cartilage experts. We don’t feel Myles will need microfracture. Our feelings never changed from the scouting combine to the medical recheck."
Quote: 

<blockquote class="ipsBlockquote">
“Doctors are like scouts and personnel evaluators,” Caldwell says. “Every doctor has an opinion, and ours consulted quite a few cartilage experts. We don’t feel Myles will need microfracture. Our feelings never changed from the scouting combine to the medical recheck."

</blockquote>

The thing is (while not ideal), even if he does need micro-fracture surgery in the future, who's to say he doesn't come back 100%? People are acting as if it's a foregone conclusion micro-fracture surgery will end his career, everyone responds to the procedure differently. 
I'm crying.
Quote:This may be a blessing for Myles because, if he stays healthy and becomes a Pro Bowler, he'll be a year closer to his mega-contract since the rookie contract for 2nd rounders is only 4 years long versus the 5-year contract for 1st rounders.

It definitely is. Myles Jack always wanted to be a Jaguar - but with the #5 pick, not #36. He told Rich Eisen it was embarrassing to be in the green room surrounded by his family and never hear his name called. I am sure he can play at a Pro Bowl level during his rookie contract.

Quote:The thing is (while not ideal), even if he does need micro-fracture surgery in the future, who's to say he doesn't come back 100%? People are acting as if it's a foregone conclusion micro-fracture surgery will end his career, everyone responds to the procedure differently. 

I never understood that either. Many players go on to keep playing a long time after having that type of surgery. MJD said he had the same injury in 2011, the best season of his career. Even Dr. James Andrews said Myles Jack will not need microfracture surgery in the future. I always thought the knee concerns were overblown and the Jaguars were not worried about it.
Quote:I'm crying.

There's no crying in football!   :woot:
Quote:There's no crying in football!   :woot:

I'm crying like Terrell Owens, "That's my quarterback"

[Image: giphy.gif]

Pages: 1 2