Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Dave Caldwell Live on NFL Network
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Dave Caldwell says Myles Jack was 1 of 4 players they were targeting at 5.  He also says he would NOT call this a make or break year for Gus.  I'm telling you guys that think Gus needs to win 10 games to save his job, YOUR WRONG.

Quote:Dave Caldwell says Myles Jack was 1 of 4 players they were targeting at 5.  He also says he would NOT call this a make or break year for Gus.  I'm telling you guys that think Gus needs to win 10 games to save his job, YOUR WRONG.

Bottom line is the Jags need a Super Bowl caliber HC.  Nothing has shown we have that yet.
Quote:Dave Caldwell says Myles Jack was 1 of 4 players they were targeting at 5. He also says he would NOT call this a make or break year for Gus. I'm telling you guys that think Gus needs to win 10 games to save his job, YOUR WRONG.
If you are going to capitalize and emphasize that we are wrong, how about using the correct form YOU'RE.
Quote:Dave Caldwell says Myles Jack was 1 of 4 players they were targeting at 5.  He also says he would NOT call this a make or break year for Gus.  I'm telling you guys that think Gus needs to win 10 games to save his job, YOUR WRONG.

Dave Caldwell never lies. If he says he would NOT call this a make or break year for Gus, he would NOT call it a make or break year for Gus.

He might call it a playoffs or death year, though. Tongue
haha good point on the you're lol, my bad.

"7-9? Good season Gus.. Really had the guys playing hard."

I'm over that. If you can only win 2 more games with a roster that has been severely upgraded this off season, you needs to go.

If Gus doesn't make playoffs, say goodbye and bring in someone who can. This job will be very enticing to HCs around the league.
He also just said on Sirius XM that this is the first off-season that they feel like we have a shot.  That gets me excited if this is the first time that they feel like we have a team that can contend!

Just watced it

Quote:Bottom line is the Jags need a Super Bowl caliber HC.  Nothing has shown we have that yet.
Go after, mike shannahan, jon gruden after this season's debacle.
Quote:Go after, mike shannahan, jon gruden after this season's debacle.

Do you even football? They both suck.
Yea this has to be a make or break year or Gus. If he can't get to 9 wins, he has to go.
Quote:Yea this has to be a make or break year or Gus. If he can't get to 9 wins, he has to go.

So you would describe it as a win or welp season, in other words?
I forgot why I stay away from this forum but after reading this thread now I remember.

Quote:Do you even football? They both suck.
But the poster said Super Bowl Caliber coaches and they are the only 2 that I know that aren't coaching and not too old that have won super bowls.
Quote:But the poster said Super Bowl Caliber coaches and they are the only 2 that I know that aren't coaching and not too old that have won super bowls.

I didn't mean coaches who have previously won the Super Bowl but coaches who are of the caliber to lead a team and win the Super Bowl.
Quote:I didn't mean coaches who have previously won the Super Bowl but coaches who are of the caliber to lead a team and win the Super Bowl.

Any suggestions?
Quote:I didn't mean coaches who have previously won the Super Bowl but coaches who are of the caliber to lead a team and win the Super Bowl.
Nah man, Gus is capable of leading to his team to the promise land. Is Gary Kubiak in the league of Belicheck, sean peyton, Tom Coughlin. Nah man. That defense made Kubiak look good. The defense and offense of the Jags will do the same for Gus.
I think as long as they get 8 wins, Gus won't be gone.

Make me a believer Gus

Why would David Caldwell go on National television and claim its a "make or break season" for my head coach? Even it that is the case, (good) professional organizations don't say that to the public. Just imagine the negative attention that would bring to this team, I can't believe some of you are getting worked up over this.
Pages: 1 2 3