Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Which Jags vet are not making the roster this year?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Guys who made the roster in previous years may be in trouble after the influx of free agents and draft picks, especially on the defensive side...who do you guys feel are in danger of not making the team?

Of course injuries and a lot of other variables may actually come into play on whether who stays or goes, but I feel this year a lot of serviceable players want make the cut!

Should be a very competitive roster to make this year because of all the moves that were made!
Alualu
McCray
I wouldn't bat an eye if I never see Gratz 10 yards off the LOS and back-pedaling when the ball is snapped...

Gratz, Thompson, McCray, Chris Smith, Skuta
I need to watch them in Preseason. All of our rookies could end up sticking around.
Quote:Gratz, Thompson, McCray, Chris Smith, Skuta

Skuta, dunno.

But I am thinking the D line won't have space for guys like Arbry Jones and Ryan Davies. Too many additions.
Gratz, McCray, Armbrister, and at least two defensive linemen.

Quote:I need to watch them in Preseason. All of our rookies could end up sticking around.

If they do, I wouldn't say that is a great sign. Roster still has a ways to go, even though everyone thinks it is playoff quality.
Chris Smith

Alualu

Peyton Thompson

McCray
can we get anything for Alualu?
Quote:If they do, I wouldn't say that is a great sign. Roster still has a ways to go, even though everyone thinks it is playoff quality.

I don't think it is playoff quality. We still don't have a center and depth on the OL sucks.
My probably inaccurate predictions.

Chad Henne

Jason Myers

Tyson Alualu

Thurston Armbrister

Chris Smith

Josh Evans

Corey Grant

& A couple of CB's, probably Gratz and McCray.

Quote:can we get anything for Alualu?

One late round pick in 2017.
Most of the veterans on the bubble are not shocking. They will fight for spots. I believe some we believe will be cut will win based on experience. Like Alualu is a good backup, he can play every spot on the Dline. That's value.
Quote:Most of the veterans on the bubble are not shocking. They will fight for spots. I believe some we believe will be cut will win based on experience. Like Alualu is a good backup, he can play every spot on the Dline. That's value.

Other defensive linemen will certainly be cut. We lost one end (Andre Branch) to FA. We cut another end (Chris Clemons). Then we signed a DT (Malik Jackson) and drafted three other linemen (two DEs and one DT). So two linemen will be unemployed by September. The only question is which two linemen will lose their jobs.
C. Smith

Alualu

Gratz

Armbrister

Evans

Thompson

Pullard
CB Gratz and McCray

Safety Josh Evans and Craig Loston.

Lb Thurston Armbrister and Hayes Pullard

Dline Alualu,Davis,Ash and Chris Smith
Who is going to backup Tashawn at FS guys??
Unfortunately we need to keep one of our backup strong safeties unless other teams cut better players this summer. I wish we could have gone into the draft with more than eight picks.

Pages: 1 2 3