Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Changes at 1010XL
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Heard today that Ballou is leaving the afternoon, being replaced by Brady Ackerman.

So the afternoon will be a Gator love fest with Frangie and Ackerman with Martineau chiming in with something useless when they turn his mic on.

Ballou goes to the noon-3 show with Hacker, Cowart and T-Wigg. That sounds like a complete clown show with me. Guess rid of the dead weight and give Ballou his own show.

Quote: give Ballou his own show.

[Image: ceufnfbyorhabwu3qqgf.png]
But, they gave him a podcast...

I wish they would crank the power up. Their antenna must be powered by something like this. It breaks up on the west beltway...

[Image: power-station.jpg]

Quote:Heard today that Ballou is leaving the afternoon, being replaced by Brady Ackerman.

So the afternoon will be a Gator love fest with Frangie and Ackerman with Martineau chiming in with something useless when they turn his mic on.

Ballou goes to the noon-3 show with Hacker, Cowart and T-Wigg. That sounds like a complete clown show with me. Guess rid of the dead weight and give Ballou his own show.

I think xl primetime is the best show on 1010xl and it's not even close.  I do agree that Ballou may be be better with his own show, minus the cronies.  He used to be good when he was on with MacManus.  Now he's all fluff.   That's kind of bizarre if they are really doing this.   I'd like to know the reasoning.  How many people can they have on one show? And I don't even know who Brady Ackerman is, but Frangie's show was nearly unlistenable already so how bad could he be.

Ballou going on at noon might make that show listenable... Might. I literally shut my radio off from noon-3 everyday at work.

The new girl on The Drill seems to be finding her footing. She had a real rough start and had a few cringe worthy updates. She would start fine and then you could hear her getting nervous and then limping through the rest of the way. One of the updates she completely froze up in the middle of it.
People really listen to 1010xl?   :wacko:   I've attempted to listen in a few times and I couldn't stand it.  I would rather listen to the farm report in Nebraska instead of listening to that crap.

I agree, it is crap and the commercial breaks are endless. A 60 minute run probably has 23 minutes of "content" which consists of guys cutting each other off and never getting to a point.

Quote:People really listen to 1010xl?   :wacko:   I've attempted to listen in a few times and I couldn't stand it.  I would rather listen to the farm report in Nebraska instead of listening to that crap.
Hey, listen, when it's just you, your car and AM 550 for the next 200 miles, those farm reports start to sound pretty gripping.
Quote:Ballou going on at noon might make that show listenable... Might. I literally shut my radio off from noon-3 everyday at work.

The new girl on The Drill seems to be finding her footing. She had a real rough start and had a few cringe worthy updates. She would start fine and then you could hear her getting nervous and then limping through the rest of the way. One of the updates she completely froze up in the middle of it.

Ha. I'm glad I'm not the only one that heard that. I think it was this past Monday it sounded like she was going to cry while reading the news.
Ballou and T-Wigg will be very good together. Kick Hacker off and that could be a good show.
Sports radio seems to shake up their shows and who is paired up with who every year or two.Keeps things interesting and people on their toes. See what the new combinations will produce I suppose.

I've been holding out hope since Prisco left 930 that he would get his own show on 1010. Give Prisco the 12-3 slot, move Depsey and TWigg to late night, and move Hacker to the unemployment line.

So what is up with Ballou being banished from drive time?

Did he prove Frangie wrong to many times?

I don't know about Ackerman, looks like they are going all gators, all the time.

Was not impressed with Brady's spell with Sun Sports.

Or could this be their big push to carry UF games.

You couldn't have two bigger homers.

HeadSlap

Ballou was so much better on his own.

Stuttering Frangie dominates the current segment.  It's not that he states any more insight, he just says everything twice.  I've grown to hate 1010xl on the drive home.

I like Hacker and Twig. Cowher is much better now that he's not with Lamm.  Dempsey may be the best that J'ville has to offer.
Quote:Ballou was so much better on his own.

Stuttering Frangie dominates the current segment.  It's not that he states any more insight, he just says everything twice.  I've grown to hate 1010xl on the drive home.

I like Hacker and Twig. Cowher is much better now that he's not with Lamm.  Dempsey may be the best that J'ville has to offer.
Dempsey is one of the better ones across the country. He is excellent.
Quote:Ballou going on at noon might make that show listenable... Might. I literally shut my radio off from noon-3 everyday at work.

Yeah, because we all are perfect in our first week at a new job... 
I'm not at all surprised that Ballou has seemingly been demoted.  He was the weak link in that show, and was constantly interrupting the flow of conversation.

Quote:I'm not at all surprised that Ballou has seemingly been demoted.  He was the weak link in that show, and was constantly interrupting the flow of conversation.

You misspelled F-R-A-N-G-I-E.
Get rid of Frangie. From everything. Radio, game broadcasts, the works. Run the stuttering steeler back to pittsburg where he belongs.

He is God awful.

Quote:Get rid of Frangie. From everything. Radio, game broadcasts, the works. Run the stuttering steeler back to pittsburg where he belongs.

He is God awful.
He's the new play by play guy right? The one that goes "the snap, Bortles drops back, looks at *mumble*mumble*mumble*mumble* Touchdown Jaguars!"
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6