Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Hit the Road, Jack(son)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4
Hey, so that one dead president is being replaced, but not with another president---With Harriet Tubman!

This is a pretty big deal, if you ask me.  Just for the symbolism of it.

Thoughts?

Also, how about the title to this thread?  Impressive, eh?  You know it is.  And I made it up all by myself.  Feel free to use it on any social media you peruse.  

... I second

I might get heat for this, but I think it is wrong for the US to be doing this for the sake of political correctness.

What did Andrew do to deserve this?
Quote:What did Andrew do to deserve this?

He was actually a pretty awful person...  Alot of people consider him one of the worst presidents...  Not as bad as Dubya, but pretty darn bad...

I'm sure alot of Native Americans are happy that ole' Hickory is off the 20... 
Quote:I might get heat for this, but I think it is wrong for the US to be doing this for the sake of political correctness.

Yeah...  I'm not gonna give you too much heat...  I'll be honest...  Even as a liberal, I realize how conditioned I've become to accept only white men as valid...  Because it looks really weird to me to see a black woman on that 20... 

I'm 39 years old, and it's really strange to realize that the vestiges of racism are still something I have to grapple with...
Here's one rendition of the Tubman 20

[Image: Harriet-Tubman-on-20.jpg]

Quote:I might get heat for this, but I think it is wrong for the US to be doing this for the sake of political correctness.

I agree
I might get heat for this.  But it's about time.  

The founder of the Democrat party replaced with a gun-toting Republican.

Time for some to re-evaluate their ill-conceived allegiances and misperceptions.

Quote:He was actually a pretty awful person... Alot of people consider him one of the worst presidents... Not as bad as Dubya, but pretty darn bad...

I'm sure alot of Native Americans are happy that ole' Hickory is off the 20...

Let me know when you're ready to move back to Europe because this land belongs to the natives
I don't really care about this. I'm not a Jackson fan. Not because I don't like him I just don't know much about him, nor did I know him personally, nor do I care to read a New York Times article about how he was SO EVIL. Go ahead change it.
Better Jackson off the 20 than Hamilton off the 10.  I guess it finally took a musical for everyone to appreciate Hamilton.  I am glad people are starting to learn more about him.  

I agree re Hamilton - the guy doesn't get enough credit. If it were up to me I'd replace the Jefferson Monument with one for Hamilton.

People are bemoaning the removal of Jackson? Really?

Quote:Yeah... I'm not gonna give you too much heat... I'll be honest... Even as a liberal, I realize how conditioned I've become to accept only white men as valid... Because it looks really weird to me to see a black woman on that 20...

I'm 39 years old, and it's really strange to realize that the vestiges of racism are still something I have to grapple with...

Oh dear politically correct deity.
Quote:The founder of the Democrat party replaced with a gun-toting Republican.

Time for some to re-evaluate their ill-conceived allegiances and misperceptions.

Is there a message board hall of fame?
Quote:I agree re Hamilton - the guy doesn't get enough credit. If it were up to me I'd replace the Jefferson Monument with one for Hamilton.

People are bemoaning the removal of Jackson? Really?

Get out...
Quote:Get out...

Jefferson could talk the talk, very well. When it came to walking the walk - well, let's just say he was real slow about it.
People still use paper money?
Quote:Get out...

Just go with it.
Pages: 1 2 3 4