Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: 45% of Americans pay no federal income tax
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6
Story Here.

Yup, we need to really sock it to those "millionaires and billionaires" to "pay their fair share".  Rolleyes

If everyone is going to have to "pay their fair share" then perhaps nearly half of the American population needs to step up to the plate.
Quote:Story Here.

Yup, we need to really sock it to those "millionaires and billionaires" to "pay their fair share".  Rolleyes

If everyone is going to have to "pay their fair share" then perhaps nearly half of the American population needs to step up to the plate.

Ya I'm not a big fan of running a welfare state.
Ahh yes the "Stick it to the poor" strategy advocated by the rich who only care about themselves.  Nice to see Republicans sticking to that strategy.

Quote:Ahh yes the "Stick it to the poor" strategy advocated by the rich who only care about themselves.  Nice to see Republicans sticking to that strategy.

So define "fair share".  Does it only apply to the wealthy, or does it apply to everyone?
Quote:Ahh yes the "Stick it to the poor" strategy advocated by the rich who only care about themselves.  Nice to see Republicans sticking to that strategy.
 rich or poor you should pay something.  
10% Flat tax

or a consumption tax so we can get rid of the EVIL IRS

Alot of Americans are pretty poor. No real way out for many, it's a shame. So much more opportunity in other countries.
Quote:Alot of Americans are pretty poor. No real way out for many, it's a shame. So much more opportunity in other countries.

Smells like bull [BLEEP].
Social mobility is awful just like it is in my home country the UK.

I dont think anyone on here is rich as you define it, nor do we want to stick it to the poor. What we want is for them to succeed, but that requires their willingness to be involved in the process.
Quote:Social mobility is awful just like it is in my home country the UK.

That you think we dont have it here shows both your arrogance and ignorance.
Quote:That you think we dont have it here shows both your arrogance and ignorance.

I didn't say there is none. But it is very low see any study, the biggest determinate of someone's future is their parents social status. What's arrogant about that?

As someone who has visited multiple times to different parts of the US, the difference between the haves and have nots is instantly noticeable compared to here in Australia.
Here's an idea everyone including the poor is paying to much in taxes. This is where I disembark from conservatives, you can't preach governments to big, taxes are to high, and then moan the single mom making 20k a year doesn't pay her fair share of income tax. What the hell do you want to tax her food stamps?

No one should be paying income tax that's the problem not that we don't soak the poor enough. Hell yes the rich pay to much in income tax but why the hell is the solution to further spread the misery?

These are garbage studies anyways, when you factor in sin taxes, county and local taxes, state income taxes, transportion taxes and everything else the poor are also paying a majority of their disposable income to uncle Sam, that is after they are forced to offer him an interest free loan anually.
This story pops up every April 15th, along with its equally invalid counterpart suggesting that the upper crust of the upper crust pay no taxes because they hide all their income offshore. Both are horse crap, to put it politely. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

Here's a wild idea: switch to a consumption based tax system from which no one is exempt and eliminate the IRS entirely.

Quote:This story pops up every April 15th, along with its equally invalid counterpart suggesting that the upper crust of the upper crust pay no taxes because they hide all their income offshore. Both are horse crap, to put it politely. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

Here's a wild idea: switch to a consumption based tax system from which no one is exempt and eliminate the IRS entirely.

Shhhhh

Democrats have to hate the rich that oppress them and republicans have to hate the poor who forces them to subsidize thier laziness don't go using libertarian common sense it'll blow their minds.
Quote:This story pops up every April 15th, along with its equally invalid counterpart suggesting that the upper crust of the upper crust pay no taxes because they hide all their income offshore. Both are horse crap, to put it politely. The truth is somewhere in the middle.

... I just teared a little.
Quote:10% Flat tax

or a consumption tax so we can get rid of the EVIL IRS

I'm in favor of a consumption tax.   Simple and fair.   Plus, all the under the table money in the black market economy will get taxed as it is spent.  

Flat tax- no way.   That's just a big huge tax cut for the rich.  

And as far as the "evil IRS,"  I don't think we should demonize the people who are only doing their jobs trying to collect taxes.  The IRS doesn't write the tax laws, so they are not responsible for anyone's misery.  Congress is responsible for the tax system, not the IRS. 

Yes, the idea that the upper crust pays no income tax is total horse crap.   I'm not saying I feel sorry for them, but they do pay very heavy taxes. 

I'm totally on board with the consumption tax idea. 
Quote:Alot of Americans are pretty poor. No real way out for many, it's a shame. So much more opportunity in other countries.

I don't know how much opportunity there is in other countries, but I do know a lot of Asian immigrants who have come here with very littlle and worked their [BAD WORD REMOVED] off and have achieved the American dream.   They look around and say, "What is wrong with these people, they have opportunity right in front of them but they don't do anything to take advantage of it."   I've never seen such a sharp, hard-working bunch of people in my life.   I could never have done what I see them do every day.   Native born Americans are spoiled.   I met one Chinese guy who had to walk out of China into Southeast Asia on his journey to America.   Several of his companions died along the way.  

You say, "so much more opportunity in other countries..."   People are literally dying to get into the United States.   And they will tell you this is the greatest country on earth. 
Quote:I'm in favor of a consumption tax. Simple and fair. Plus, all the under the table money in the black market economy will get taxed as it is spent.

Flat tax- no way. That's just a big huge tax cut for the rich.

And as far as the "evil IRS," I don't think we should demonize the people who are only doing their jobs trying to collect taxes. The IRS doesn't write the tax laws, so they are not responsible for anyone's misery. Congress is responsible for the tax system, not the IRS.

Louis learner.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6