Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The FB position
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Any chance we try to draft in the later rounds or bring in a traditional FB in UDFA?  I really think this would help our run game.  It would be nice to just line up in i form every now and then and just play some hard nosed football if we get a guy like Ryan Kelly at C.  I think this is one of the reasons our run game has been so poor the last couple of years.  Gronk maybe?

no
The Facebook position?

Quote:no
you didnt like our run game when we had a guy like Greg Jones to pave the way?
Quote:you didnt like our run game when we had a guy like Greg Jones to pave the way?

From what I can tell he doesn't really like anything. Except Ted Bridgewater. And Mariota.

Nothing Jaguars related.
Draft Elliott to play FB for Chris Ivory? :geek:

I like Offenses that use FBs every once in awhile, not an every down player in this day in age but they have their time and place. Bet Kuhn doesn't get stuffed 4 times on the goal line

Why not allow Ben Koyack to try out a FB role or keep him as a TE but use him as an FB when needed in preseason?

Quote:Why not allow Ben Koyack to try out a FB role or keep him as a TE but use him as an FB when needed in preseason?

Any idea if he can lead block, ooooooooooorrr...?
Alooaloo first round Fullback
I'm hoping the Alualu experiment at FB is over. Maybe that new FA interior OL, as in the guy with the big name nobody can remember, can handle the role.

UDFA guy at FB. There will be lots of traditional fullbacks to pick from.
Quote:UDFA guy at FB. There will be lots of traditional fullbacks to pick from.

I don't believe they want to spend a roster spot on a FB since their base running scheme doesn't use one. They only use a FB in short yardage situations, so they would prefer it if the player primarily did something else such as TE, RB, OL or DL.

Not sure what the solution is, but the Alualu experiment didn't really work out as well as they'd hoped.
I think Dan Vitale from Nortwestern would be a good fit in our offense.Extremely good athlete,great pass catcher and lead blocker.
Quote:Not sure what the solution is, but the Alualu experiment didn't really work out as well as they'd hoped.

I don't know he made about as many plays as my fbs make in madden.
No FB needed.  For the once in a long while short yardage, you can train a player, such as last year's Alualu, to be a battering ram.  

The way theyve been drafting in recent years, I think finding someone to run the I formation is kind of a low priority. How about just making sure they get someone who can play.
Quote:From what I can tell he doesn't really like anything. Except Ted Bridgewater. And Mariota.

Nothing Jaguars related.
ur still hurt over that lol its been like a week. Not that serious man, the anger isnt good for your health.
behind our offensive line last year, theres not a lot alualu could really do, hes a guy that never played the position before so we can't expect his technique to be amazing, now with upgrades to the runninggame with better blocking and the addition of ivory and yeldon not being a rookie id expect some improvement, and alualu might rep at it more with the additions to the Dline limiting his snaps there which should mean he'll get more practice and the performance there should improve. we're spoiled by greg jones for all those years in terms of expectations, if we can find someone who plays at #33's level then we should roster a fullback, if you can't just roll with alualu as the position is devalued and i believe in spending roster spots on the best football players you can find rather than cutting talent for the sake of meeting a perceived need for a body at a spot (to the extent injuries and other factors dont pile up)

Pages: 1 2