Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: ***Official 2016 Jacksonville Jaguars Preseason Schedule Thread***
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Hi, Jaguars fans! NFL and the NFL Network are announcing the Jaguars preseason schedule this afternoon. GO JAGUARS!!!
2nd and 3rd games at home.

3rd game Nationally televised 8pm Sunday night against the Bengals...

NICE!!

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000...n-schedule

Definitely going to that Jets game.

Having a nationally televised game in preseason probably isn't good news about a nationally televised game for the regular season.
Quote:Having a nationally televised game in preseason probably isn't good news about a nationally televised game for the regular season.

Based on....?
Quote:Definitely going to that Jets game.

Having a nationally televised game in preseason probably isn't good news about a nationally televised game for the regular season.
My guess is they'll schedule one of the NFL Network only Thursday games at Everbank.  They like doing games at Everbank to show off pools and scoreboard.   Hopefully by the time those games are shown, it'll be about the team.  If we do get a home game on a Thursday, it'll be Titans or Texans..  Maybe they'll have Packers at Jags on ESPN???  
Quote:Definitely going to that Jets game.

Dallas and Greenbay has one in the preseason as well and they probably going to have one in the regular season. 
Quote:My guess is they'll schedule one of the NFL Network only Thursday games at Everbank.  They like doing games at Everbank to show off pools and scoreboard.   Hopefully by the time those games are shown, it'll be about the team.  If we do get a home game on a Thursday, it'll be Titans or Texans..  Maybe they'll have Packers at Jags on ESPN???  

I would not be surprised if either the Green Bay or Oakland home game is on Monday night.
Quote:My guess is they'll schedule one of the NFL Network only Thursday games at Everbank.  They like doing games at Everbank to show off pools and scoreboard.   Hopefully by the time those games are shown, it'll be about the team.  If we do get a home game on a Thursday, it'll be Titans or Texans..  Maybe they'll have Packers at Jags on ESPN???  
I think we get a monday night vs oakland to show off the 2 up and coming teams in this league. 
Quote:Based on....?

The Jaguars....
Quote:The Jaguars....
expand on that answer

ok
Scrimmage pre-season games are so exciting.   Rolleyes

Quote:Scrimmage pre-season games are so exciting.   Rolleyes

When it's been 8 months since the last home game, they actually are
The third preseason game at home against the Bengals will give us a real good feel for what to expect from this team against a quality opponent.  The starters should be playing week into the third quarter.  Hopefully we will be up to the task and show the nation there is a new kid on the block to be dealt with. 

don't run my friend tell us why we won't get a prime time game because we're jaguars instead of making a bogus statement like that
Landing a nationally televised prime time game on NBC and not a cable network in week 3 of the preseason is actually an indication that the networks are starting to pay attention to the team.  We've got some young stars on the rise, and a team that on paper appears to be poised to finally be turning the corner in this rebuild process.  It's a good thing.

Jaguars are a bit of a media darling right now (no really, they are) and I guarantee you after a strong draft here in a few weeks, they will be an chic pick to win the division this year. They will be the team that the analysts look at when they do their annual "history tells us that two new teams from each division will make it into the playoffs" prediction for the season.

I think the talking heads will start off by mentioning them as a sleeper, or think that they are going against the grain, and then they will look around a realize that a lot of people are saying the same thing.

We will be on a couple nationally televised games, IMO.

Quote:don't run my friend tell us why we won't get a prime time game because we're jaguars instead of making a bogus statement like that

Relax dude.

I'm as confident as anyone in this team right now. I believe they are ready to explode onto the scene. The media is clearly starting to pay attention as well.

The past 2 or 3 years, we have only been playing on Thursday night. That is prime time, yes, but I was talking about Sunday or Monday night football. I should have clarified that. The NFL is strictly about their money and we have to win first before they start putting us on, despite our incredible potential as a team. I wouldn't be surprised if we only got a Thursday night game, but would be so boosted if we had a Sunday or Monday night!
Quote:Relax dude.

I'm as confident as anyone in this team right now. I believe they are ready to explode onto the scene. The media is clearly starting to pay attention as well.

The past 2 or 3 years, we have only been playing on Thursday night. That is prime time, yes, but I was talking about Sunday or Monday night football. I should have clarified that. The NFL is strictly about their money and we have to win first before they start putting us on, despite our incredible potential as a team. I wouldn't be surprised if we only got a Thursday night game, but would be so boosted if we had a Sunday or Monday night!
Now i'm relaxed but i believe even with our last years record we will get a monday night against the raiders because both teams are the talk of the off-season and therefore, media has us on our radar as the next best team. 
Eh, preseason is still preseason. Even in week 3 teams are still going through the motions. What I hope this is a sign of is more prime time games coming in the regular season.

Pages: 1 2 3