Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: At the end of the day (Dave Caldwell)
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
We can sit and speculate like we are always going to do.......no harm, all fun and games. But at this point i feel less nervous than pervious drafts. Because Dave to me at least has proven himself to be a great evaluator. He will take his guy regardless of others thought. Im sure we could go back on the Bortles Draft and find some nasty words about Caldwell and Bortles... Not to mention the value he finds in later rounds....... ala Telvin, Greene, and others. Soon for lack of better words, In Dave we should trust! Go Jags!!!

I love Dave. Probably my favourite all time GM for any sports team. Smart dude.

Here we go again lol.

It was a big mistake to draft Joeckel over Ansah... Anyway, I am happy with Dave so far.

With one more good draft Dave can put this team in great position
He puts his pants on one leg at a time like us.
Quote:He puts his pants on one leg at a time like us.

You never know, he might jump into them as they stay magically up.
I'm confident in Daves decisions. Which is why I know he won't take a kicker in any round or VH3! Wooooooo!
Easy to look back and on the Ansah and joeckel debate and say it was bad...... obviously it hasn't been good. But also ansan wasn't even the first pass-rusher taken. Hard to take a guy 2nd overall who didn't know how to put his pads on a year before he got drafted. 

I think Dave may be doing a great job but until the win column is higher than the loss it really doesn't matter, my hope is that the next few years will be glorious but only time will tell
Quote:Easy to look back and on the Ansah and joeckel debate and say it was bad...... obviously it hasn't been good. But also ansan wasn't even the first pass-rusher taken. Hard to take a guy 2nd overall who didn't know how to put his pads on a year before he got drafted. 
I agree, and Joeckel was an elite LT prospect at the time.  Some times they just dont pan out
The 2013 draft class was pretty poor in terms of talent. He has came in cleaned up the cap space, he has almost built the offense except some of the OL , and he is fixing the defense this offseason. Gus has all the talent you can get and I think there is no way we won't have a winning record this year unless #becausejaguars happens. 

I'm a fan of Dave and really like what he has been doing.

I don't think an 8-8 record is asking for all that much this season. Regardless of what happens with the record and the coaching staff this season, I believe Dave has earned a chance at trying his luck with a 2nd HC (if we have a losing season and Gus gets the axe obviously).

Speak for yourself. I put mine on three legs at a time.

You assume that GM Dave Caldwell is doing all the leg work on the guys he's drafting...

Velocitysp.com (Von Miller suggests you get your kid there)

Quote:You assume that GM Dave Caldwell is doing all the leg work on the guys he's drafting...

Velocitysp.com (Von Miller suggests you get your kid there)

I do not assume anything. I know that scouts put in the majority of the work, when it comes it traveling and actually learning every detail about prospects. I know that we have scout for each region of the country and they are the ones going to the games and workouts on a weekly basis....... On that note Dave I'm sure does not call in a name on draft day that he does not approve of. 
Chris Polian

Director of Player Personnel

http://www.jaguars.com/team/scouts/chris-polian.html

Joined with GM Dave Caldwell he left Atlanta as well.  Who knows maybe he is the one to receive the most credit or blame in the drafting of the Jaguars under Caldwell?

-------------------------------------------

Tim Mingey

College Scout SouthEast

http://www.jaguars.com/team/scouts/tim-mingey.html

He scouted; Blake Bortles, Brandon Linder, Telvin Smith, Dante Fowler Jr, Cann, R. Greene, Cyprien, and Josh Evans.

===================

Jared Kirksey  College Scout

http://www.jaguars.com/team/scouts/jared-kirksey.html

In his 3rd year as a Jaguar college scout covering Connecticut, New Jersey, Maine, Delaware, New Hampshire, Maryland, Massachusetts, New York, Pennsylvania, Rhode Island and Vermont. Kirksey provides reports on the top players from that area for use by the Jaguars Player Personnel. Source: Jaguars.com

He might have scouted & provided feedback on; Dwayne Gratz, Ct & Allen Robinson, Penn State

The rest of the scouts;

http://www.jaguars.com/team/scouts.html

I am amazed to learn that you are actually able to put your pants on by yourself.
I'm still not impressed with Caldwell... wow... he drafted a guy that chucks int's at critical times in a game. wow... he drafted a guy that scored 1 TD rushing last year... wow... he drafted a guy with gold shoes that still hasn't played... wow......our record sure looks impressive under Dave....

How you doing there gloomy pants?

It's every body looking at you yet? You keep trying though, you'll get some cool friends in no time.
Quote:I'm confident in Daves decisions. Which is why I know he won't take a kicker in any round or VH3! Wooooooo!

I still don't get the vh3 hate.
Pages: 1 2 3