Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: How many times has Bortles won a game for us himself?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Just out of curiosity out of all his starts how many of them has Bortles just taken control of the game like a franchise QB and lead us to victory? I think of the December game against Tennessee first but I'm trying to think of others. 

Maybe once or twice

Giants game a couple years ago
Quote:Giants game a couple years ago

iirc he played awful in that game and the defense made that comeback happen.

edit: yep. 25 points scored. 1 TD pass and threw for 194. Not really putting the team on his back there. 

bills game in london
He threw for 3 TDs and ran one in as well vs the colts in the 2015 "50-burger."

He threw for 75 yards and a TD in the game winning drive in London vs the bills. 

The answer is "not many."

Quote:bills game in london

That had a whole bunch more to do with EJ Manuel than it did Blake Bortles. If Tyrod Taylor starts that game, you can be pretty sure it woulda been a loss. The last 2 throws on that last drive were great though, especially the game winner to Hurns.
Quote:He threw for 3 TDs and ran one in as well vs the colts in the 2015 "50-burger."

He threw for 75 yards and a TD in the game winning drive in London vs the bills. 

The answer is "not many."
Thats true but i still believe he can turn it around.  Now he hasn't shown a large or even medium sized sample of this happening but there's still some hope.  Its his make or break year; so i say, give the man a break and let him either earn his raise, or earn his walking papers.
Quote:bills game in london

I don't think you get to chalk a game in which he threw a pick 6 up for him as carrying the team.  Especially since we got 2 defensive scores ourselves in that game.
The Miami Dolphin game in 2015. Now try to find a complaint in that game.
Quote:The Miami Dolphin game in 2015. Now try to find a complaint in that game.

I think there were solid efforts from ARob and the defense in that game as well, but no complaints and he was certainly a large part of why we won that game so...

[Image: CWod6rj.gif]
No one person wins or loses a game on his own. This isn't NBA basketball.
Six of the eleven wins he's had in his career were fourth quarter come from behind.

Essentially in Bortles career if he wasn't carrying the team there were very few games the team was winning. Some of his best efforts have come in loses because the team couldn't hold onto a lead.
Quote:Six of the eleven wins he's had in his career were fourth quarter come from behind.

Essentially in Bortles career if he wasn't carrying the team there were very few games the team was winning. Some of his best efforts have come in loses because the team couldn't hold onto a lead.

Pesky facts.
Quote:I don't think you get to chalk a game in which he threw a pick 6 up for him as carrying the team.  Especially since we got 2 defensive scores ourselves in that game.

To be fair, that pick 6 really wasn't on him.  There was pretty clear pass interference against A-Rob on the play, and even though it was just a chuck it up and hope for the best kind of play, A-Rob was coming down with those that year.  That last drive was really nice though, especially that throw to Hurns.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015102500...tab=videos
Quote:To be fair, that pick 6 really wasn't on him.  There was pretty clear pass interference against A-Rob on the play, and even though it was just a chuck it up and hope for the best kind of play, A-Rob was coming down with those that year.  That last drive was really nice though, especially that throw to Hurns.

http://www.nfl.com/gamecenter/2015102500...tab=videos

That doesn't change the fact that our defense scored twice that game.  Secondly, the pick 6 by Bortles would have been uncatchable by Robinson regardless.  It was a terrible throw whether or not PI should have been called.  Also, that catch that Hurns made toward the end was more on Hurns than on the throw Bortles made.  Throw wasn't terrible all things considered, but it wasn't perfect by any means.  Hurns was open enough to be hit in stride and was forced to dive due to ball placement.  I don't have a problem with Bortles on the play as he was rolling out making a tough throw, but this thread is about Bortles carrying the team.  He didn't in that game.
Quote:He threw for 75 yards and a TD in the game winning drive in London vs the bills. 
Man, how crazy it was that we needed that after being up 27-3 in the 2nd Q after Manuel's back to back to back turnovers 2 of them being defensive TDs. Gotta be the biggest roller coaster game of this regime so far.
He threw 5tds and zero INTs against TN and we still lost because of the defense
Quote:Man, how crazy it was that we needed that after being up 27-3 in the 2nd Q after Manuel's back to back to back turnovers 2 of them being defensive TDs. Gotta be the biggest roller coaster game of this regime so far.

I started Jags Def and Telvin in fantasy football that week. It was glorious.
One question, how many times has the defense put the offense in a position to win the game?
Pages: 1 2 3