Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: NFL could force Titans to sell team
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
http://www.rotoworld.com/headlines/nfl/3...pheadlines

<div>
A source with "knowledge of the discussions" tells Profootballtalk the Titans' ownership situation remains a "mess," and that "the possibility of a forced sale is still very real."

Per Mike Florio, the league is "not satisfied by efforts to address issues with the hierarchy." The Titans have lacked a majority owner since Bud Adams' death, with the rights spread out amongst three branches of his family. Adams' daughter Amy Adams Strunk has been put forward as the controlling owner, but the team still hasn't complied with the league's wishes. Florio reports Adams' grandson Kenneth Adams IV "may be inclined to push for a sale of the franchise if he ultimately doesn’t have a path to ownership and control."

<div><b>Source: NBC Sports</b>
<b>--------------------------------------------</b>

Didn't a similar thing happen after Jack Kent Cooke died (former Redskins owner)?

</div>
</div>

As long as they let Irsay keep running Indy into the ground
...and keep Grigson at GM, that's important too.

As long as they don't relocate. We're just in time for the Jaguars to place perennial buttwhoopings on the Titans for the next 10 years as the talented Mariota wastes away behind a pathetic OLine and eventually retires without having a single playoff appearance.

Just hope that Mariota will not be a washed up QB for his sake. Sounds like a nice guy though!

The Colts are falling fast before our eyes, the Titans have too many inner problems to succeed & the Texans didn't have a QB at the helm (I guess they do now, maybe..) but it does seem clear to me that the team to beat for the AFC South

is the team that won it last year, the Texans.

The other two should be swept this year!

We finished 2-4 in the division last year...

Houston will be better with a quality QB (can't be worse than Hoyer)

Indy will have a healthy Luck

We had a big FA and our core is maturing.

The division is up for grabs. We can easily finish 1st-3rd and it wouldn't surprise most people outside of Jax.

Quote:We finished 2-4 in the division last year...

Houston will be better with a quality QB (can't be worse than Hoyer)

Indy will have a healthy Luck

We had a big FA and our core is maturing.

The division is up for grabs. We can easily finish 1st-3rd and it wouldn't surprise most people outside of Jax.

If the jaguars had just kept Del Zero they probably could have won the division last year. Coaching is holding the talent back in a major way, and unless Kiffin can somehow cover up baldy's shortcomings I can't see how the team stands a chance at winning the AFCS with Luck healthy.

The texans will likely still get to second thanks to the Jaguars continual inability to pass protect, and the titans will continue to bring up the rear as the only team in the division with comparably bad coaching to the Jaguars while having less talent on the roster.
Quote:As long as they let Irsay keep running Indy into the ground

Quote:...and keep Grigson at GM, that's important too.

Probably the most surprising story in the NFL since the regular season ended was both Ryan Grigson AND Chuck Pagano retaining their jobs.   I don't think anyone saw this coming.   Even Jim Irsay,  who made the eventual decision.
Quote:As long as they don't relocate. We're just in time for the Jaguars to place perennial buttwhoopings on the Titans for the next 10 years as the talented Mariota wastes away behind a pathetic OLine and eventually retires without having a single playoff appearance.

New ownership could open the door for eventual relocation.    Though Tennessee's current ownership situation seems problematic from a decision making standpoint,  it beats the alternative of losing a team.   It's far from a given that Nashville would ever get another NFL Franchise.   Memphis might even have a better chance of landing another NFL team than Nashville.  
Can't think of a team I'd prefer this to happen to over the Titans.
The tittians are a buncha boobs.
Quote:If the jaguars had just kept Del Zero they probably could have won the division last year. Coaching is holding the talent back in a major way, and unless Kiffin can somehow cover up baldy's shortcomings I can't see how the team stands a chance at winning the AFCS with Luck healthy.

The texans will likely still get to second thanks to the Jaguars continual inability to pass protect, and the titans will continue to bring up the rear as the only team in the division with comparably bad coaching to the Jaguars while having less talent on the roster.

Yea Bradley was holding Andre branch back, that was it. Your name is one thing you got right.
Quote:If the jaguars had just kept Del Zero they probably could have won the division last year. Coaching is holding the talent back in a major way, and unless Kiffin can somehow cover up baldy's shortcomings I can't see how the team stands a chance at winning the AFCS with Luck healthy.

Clearly not a fan of Bradley.

I think the jury is still out. Don't forget this roster was gutted and we were playing a lot of 1st and 2nd year guys the past few years.

This year we have a QB going into his 3rd year and a roster full of talented guys. We will know soon enough if Bradley is the right guy. 

Seriously, Del "consistently lose the last 5 games of the season" Rio??? The guy who couldn't find quality coaches, and cut guys (Peterson) because of his ego?

Quote:Seriously, Del "consistently lose the last 5 games of the season" Rio??? The guy who couldn't find quality coaches, and cut guys (Peterson) because of his ego?

Well, he is seldom correct.  But there I have to agree.  The bigger problem was the players.  History has proven that, and quite convincingly.

I cannot even begin to fathom the total meltdown that would have occurred in and around the locker room if JDR were here during the past three seasons. That guy could barely hold together a competent roster, much less the one that existed from 2013-2015.
The Siberian Scallywags has a really nice ring to it. Just think of all the gulags they could use for practice fields.

Quote:  New ownership could open the door for eventual relocation.    Though Tennessee's current ownership situation seems problematic from a decision making standpoint,  it beats the alternative of losing a team.   It's far from a given that Nashville would ever get another NFL Franchise.   Memphis might even have a better chance of landing another NFL team than Nashville.  
If it sells then Fred Smith will buy.  He's a TN guy and I doubt he moves the team.
What if the team moves to Mexico or London would it remain in the AFC South?

Pages: 1 2