Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jaguars and Monte Kiffin
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
@mike_e_kaye Expect the #Jaguars to officially announce the hiring of Monte Kiffin as a defensive assistant today.

Thought he was just a consultant. Looks loke like he will join the staff.
Good hire.
2 good things here. Kiffin is a defensive guru and he must see something he likes in Jax to come on as an assistant.
Gus and Monte have been buddies a long time, that's why he's coming. I think he probably just wants to help his friend save his job.
Can only help having a defensive genius on board.
@ryanohalloran #Jaguars hire three coaches:

Monte Kiffin (defensive asst)

John Benton (asst. OL)

John Donovan (offensive quality control)
Sweet

Cover 2 zone, bend but don't break d. boooooooooooo
Monte Kiffin and Jerry Sullivan in the same coaches meeting...that's a lot of experience.

Kiffin has forgotten more about Defense that anyone could hope to learn.

This is his 50th year coaching, he has had some very physical defense's in the past.

It would be nice to return the HEMATOMA Plaque to the Bank

John Benton is no slouch and coming from Penn State as TE coach bodes well.

Donovan is the least experienced ;-) he only has 20 years under his belt.

HeadSlap

Quote:Gus and Monte have been buddies a long time, that's why he's coming. I think he probably just wants to help his friend save his job.

I didn't know they were friends but this makes sense if so.  I think Khan really likes Bradley and thinks he is the long term answer at coach but probably communicated to him that another losing season would be untenable.  He probably told him whatever you need to do to win this season go do it, don't worry about the money.  Hire whoever you want/need.
Isn't Kiffin a Tampa 2 guy? Cringe.

Quote:Isn't Kiffin a Tampa 2 guy? Cringe.

Well the Seattle D is a descendant from the Tampa 2.
Lots of valuable experience added to the staff. I dig it.

No need to fear some sort of scheme change because of the Kiffin hire, folks. I think Wash's comments were pretty definitive on the matter when he was hired.

Kiffin was likely hired to help Wash - not to change his plan. Don't go connecting too many dots.
Great hire.

Bradley was some kind of positional coach for Kiffen back in the day in Tampa.
Quote:Lots of valuable experience added to the staff. I dig it.

No need to fear some sort of scheme change because of the Kiffin hire, folks. I think Wash's comments were pretty definitive on the matter when he was hired.

Kiffin was likely hired to help Wash - not to change his plan. Don't go connecting too many dots.

Bingo.
if it will help our defensive backfield not look lost on game days I am all for it.

Quote:Cover 2 zone, bend but don't break d. boooooooooooo

He won a superbowl ring with  brad johnson and that defense.  It's not about the defense it's about the personal.

Quote:He won a superbowl ring with  brad johnson and that defense.  It's not about the defense it's about the personal.
Marks = Warren Sapp, Amakumara = Rhonde Barber, Myles Jack = Derrick Brooks, Fowler = Simeon Rice, Cyprien = John Lynch.

Chhhhammmppiioonnnshhiipppp
Pages: 1 2 3