Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: USA Today Power Rankings
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I like this comment.

Did Colts GM Ryan Grigson learn his lesson, or is he just bracing for QB Andrew Luck's massive contract? Either way, the Colts left several significant needs unaddressed.
We finish better than 17th. 

At this point in the 2016 league year that's about where I'd put us. It'll be interesting to see if we go higher, lower or stay put after the draft. Come on Dave, let's have another one like 2014. 

Hey, that's even better than my most recent ranking. Keep in mind this was pre-free agency, and the failure of teams like the Broncos and Rams from having/acquiring qbs was not necessarily forseen, nor was the Texans landing Osweiler. I did project the Jaguars and Radiers would do well in free agency though...

1. Broncos

2. Panthers

3. Seahawks

4. Patriots

5. Packers

6. Cardinals

7. Bengals

8. Cowboys

9. Bills

10. Bucs

11. Vikings

12. Steelers

13. Chiefs

14. Falcons

15. Colts

16. Raiders

17. Rams

18. Jets

19. Jaguars

20. Ravens

21. Saints

22. Chargers

23. Eagles

24. Texans

25. Bears

26. Redskins

27. Dolphins

28. Lions

29. Giants

30. 49ers

31. Titans

32. Browns

I'd put the Raiders and Jags @ 8 and 9 as they have surpassed the teams aformentioned via free agency.

Really, the Bucs and Bills are better than the Jags/Raiders?
Quote:I'd put the Raiders and Jags @ 8 and 9 as they have surpassed the teams aformentioned via free agency.

It's laughable because 1. We beat Buf with a less talented roster LAST YEAR and 2. We gave the Jets a run for there money as well.....

Yet after the 1st wave of FA and mid tier guys we are rated lower lmao.
Quote:http://www.usatoday.com/sports/nfl/rankings/

The Jaguars are up #17

I guess that is good, but it is only USA Today's view & based on it they assume what a 7-9 record this season... not going to get too excited about that.
Quote: 

Hey, that's even better than my most recent ranking. Keep in mind this was pre-free agency, and the failure of teams like the Broncos and Rams from having/acquiring qbs was not necessarily forseen, nor was the Texans landing Osweiler. I did project the Jaguars and Radiers would do well in free agency though...

1. Broncos

2. Panthers

3. Seahawks

4. Patriots

5. Packers

6. Cardinals

7. Bengals

8. Cowboys

9. Bills

10. Bucs

11. Vikings

12. Steelers

13. Chiefs

14. Falcons

15. Colts

16. Raiders

17. Rams

18. Jets

19. Jaguars

20. Ravens

21. Saints

22. Chargers

23. Eagles

24. Texans

25. Bears

26. Redskins

27. Dolphins

28. Lions

29. Giants

30. 49ers

31. Titans

32. Browns

I wouldn't bother making a power ranking until after the draft at least.
Quote:I'd put the Raiders and Jags @ 8 and 9 as they have surpassed the teams aformentioned via free agency.

Hate PR right now, ya we are winning on paper. Lets go win some real games. until we show we can do that consistently these mean nothing
We have a top 5 QB,THE #1 Reciever, THE #1 Recieving DUO, 2 Great HBs, 2 unique TE's and a slightly above average o line. Not very many offenses can say that. Our D will improve tremendously with our new DC and our new talents. If we aren't a playoff team or at least a .500 team. I consider it a HUGE disappointment.
17 seems to be correct at this point and I doubt the draft will change that.  I have the Jaguars finishing 9-7 right now which would put them higher than 17 but at this point we have to wait to see how the Free Agents perform and the players coming back from injury such as Fowler.  I think their offense will improve and the defense will be much better but I have my doubts about Caldwell as the coach and their schedule will not be as easy as it was last season. 

8 or 9? Are you serious?

We haven't won more than 5 games in like 6 years......
Rankings where we are not after 25th !!!

Quote:8 or 9? Are you serious?

We haven't won more than 5 games in like 6 years......

That doesn't mean we're going to be bad forever
Quote:That doesn't mean we're going to be bad forever
No but until they actually win games, there is no way you can place them in the top 10. They can't even win the worst division in football when other teams are playing Hasselbeck and Hoyer....
Quote:It's laughable because 1. We beat Buf with a less talented roster LAST YEAR and 2. We gave the Jets a run for there money as well.....

Yet after the 1st wave of FA and mid tier guys we are rated lower [BAD WORD REMOVED].

What?  Buffalo won 8 games last year and played us with EJ Freaking Manual (Tyrod Taylor was out).  EJ alone gave the Jags 3 TDs with a Fumble that was returned for a TD, and INT that was returned for a TD, and an INT that gave us the ball on their 36 yard line.  Even with those 3 TDs caused by their backup QB, we needed a McCoy fumble near the goal line to squeak out a win.
Quote:We have a top 5 QB,THE #1 Reciever, THE #1 Recieving DUO, 2 Great HBs, 2 unique TE's and a slightly above average o line. Not very many offenses can say that. Our D will improve tremendously with our new DC and our new talents. If we aren't a playoff team or at least a .500 team. I consider it a HUGE disappointment.

Yeah but till we get a backup QB whose also a top 5 qb I ain't gonna be optomisstik - Yoboy
Just LOL @ the Jags not being superb owl favorites. RIP in peace other 31 NFL teams!!!

Quote:No but until they actually win games, there is no way you can place them in the top 10. They can't even win the worst division in football when other teams are playing Hasselbeck and Hoyer....

Well we did have the worst defense in the history of this franchise and league for that matter. Ask Drew Brees how hard it is to overcome a historically bad defense Which he had to do last year as well.
Pages: 1 2