Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Clinton, Sanders would BOTH beat Trump
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
http://www.cnn.com/2016/03/01/politics/d...ders-poll/

Sanders polls 55% to Trump's 43%

Clinton polls 52% to Trump's 44%

Rubio polls 50% to Clinton's 47%

Cruz polls 49% to Clinton's 48%

Translation: Republicans are going to regret nominating Trump when Hillary Clinton is sworn in as the next President. The rest of us will regret it, too, because we'll be stuck with Hillary Clinton instead of Rand Paul, John Kasich or Ted Cruz.

What you Trumpies don't get is that Trump has his 40%, and his supporter base will not increase much as the general election approaches. Nominating Trump is nominating failure. Meanwhile, you've got Cruz out there who can beat Hillary. Good move, Trumpettes.

What you aren't focusing on is what happens when Trump actually starts focusing on Hillary. Many reputable people have said Hillary doesn't know it, but is in for the fight of her life.

Way too early to be looking at general polls. They aren't even really competing against each other at the moment.

[Image: bgKfMK9.png]

However, an example of the direction their war may be heading in a few months (I don't think the campaign made this, but re-tweeted it):

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=unkJ5Zq-GeU

And Carter will no problem with Reagan.

Also TJ, I think your avatar is breaking the forum HTML and causing a weird effect on the thread browser.

Rubio would beat Hillary? Is that a joke? The guy got 5% of the vote in some states... 

Quote:Way too early to be looking at general polls. They aren't even really competing against each other at the moment.
Making excuses already? The Donald has trained you well.

Quote:Also TJ, I think your avatar is breaking the forum HTML and causing a weird effect on the thread browser.
I don't even have an avatar right now. I think someone with a red name took offense to Apple taking a whiz on the FBI.
Ew Ted Cruz.  I'll take Trump over that Theocrat.  

Rand Paul could never win a general election.  

Quote:Making excuses already? The Donald has trained you well.

No excuses. Just pointing out the obvious. What do you want me to say? Donald Trump is done for and should just give up because Kasich is polling better against Clinton? He is polling low right now, but I absolutely believe it will pick-up once he gets the nomination and starts bringing all her baggage to the forefront. Trump is lucky, the majority of his "baggage" has already been revealed and exposed by the Republican establishment. Bernie Sanders has gone easy on Hillary and hasn't trashed her at all (which he could have done and easily won the Democrat nomination).

It is going to get ugly in the general. It is going to get trashy. There is a reason why the Republican voter turnout is up huge and the Democrat turnout is down huge. The pubs are tired of the system and angry and want to vote the system out. The Democrats are fine with status quo. The Sanders crew are so demoralized and they (the young vote) are not going to come out for Hillary. The whole election is going to come down to turnout, and Trump will win that game by a landslide.

There's really no need for an election. We have CNN to tell us who won the polls.

Quote:Rubio would beat Hillary? Is that a joke? The guy got 5% of the vote in some states... 
Yeah, I don't understand these "polls".
Quote:Yeah, I don't understand these "polls".

But I don't know anyone who voted for Nixon!
Clinton campaign sending false flag staffers to Republican candidate rallies to protest as Trump supporters.

http://theconservativetreehouse.com/2016...ore-113899

Want to talk about fascists? This is right out of their playbook (the communists, too). The general election is going to be crazy.

I think you would have Republicans turn out in droves to vote against Bernie Sanders and his policies.  Combine that with the right that don't believe in those policies and I think he would have a tough road to climb.

I think Hillary is a shoe in against Trump.

Quote:I think you would have Republicans turn out in droves to vote against Bernie Sanders and his policies.  Combine that with the right that don't believe in those policies and I think he would have a tough road to climb.

I think Hillary is a shoe in against Trump.

At first I was going to agree with you, but the thing is.  For someone like me, I would vote against either Clinton or Sanders 99.9% of the time.  That 0.1% would be if Trump is the republican nominee.  I can not in good faith vote for him.  If he is the republican nominee, I'll probably for the first time in my voting life not bother to vote.  I suspect that there are many others just like me on both sides of the aisle.

Interesting conversation that I just had with my parents.  They are life-long democrats who have never voted for a republican in their lives.  They were both hoping that Rubio would be the republican nominee because they wanted to vote for him.  Now they are taking a close look at Kasich and Cruz (in that order).  They said pretty much the same thing that I said.  If Trump is the republican nominee, they will probably for the first time in their lives not even vote.  That's a scary thought.
Quote:At first I was going to agree with you, but the thing is.  For someone like me, I would vote against either Clinton or Sanders 99.9% of the time.  That 0.1% would be if Trump is the republican nominee.  I can not in good faith vote for him.  If he is the republican nominee, I'll probably for the first time in my voting life not bother to vote.  I suspect that there are many others just like me on both sides of the aisle.

Interesting conversation that I just had with my parents.  They are life-long democrats who have never voted for a republican in their lives.  They were both hoping that Rubio would be the republican nominee because they wanted to vote for him.  Now they are taking a close look at Kasich and Cruz (in that order).  They said pretty much the same thing that I said.  If Trump is the republican nominee, they will probably for the first time in their lives not even vote.  That's a scary thought.

I believe the amount of people who will vote for the first time outweigh the amount of people who choose not to use their right to vote.
Quote:I believe the amount of people who will vote for the first time outweigh the amount of people who choose not to use their right to vote.

That's the main base of support for Trump and Sanders.  It makes sense that those people will vote for pipe dreams rather than reality.  The more mature and "seasoned" citizens of this country are looking at what is happening and giving up.
Quote:The more mature and "seasoned" citizens of this country are looking at what is happening and giving up.

Source?

Only way she loses if she gets thrown in jail, which will never happen.

Pages: 1 2 3