Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Jags/Raiders - Teams to Rise Most in '16
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
Vid blurb on NFL.com praises FA moves and amount of talent on the offense. 

http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-hq/0ap3000...eneric_nfl

I like what the Raiders have done. Their rebuild was began a year ahead of the Jaguars and has probably been as equally as frustrating for their fan base. Their fans got a good glimpse of what will be possible last year when the Raiders were still in the playoff conversation in November. I would not be surprised if they end of the favorites in the AFC West.

Raiders were able to find a dynamic defensive player, which helped them win more games then us, but both teams are on the right track

Raiders vs Jaguars in the AFC Conference Championship Game. Book it dano.
I think 2017 looks better than 2016 for playoffs.  At that point either Gus Bradley will have shown himself to be worthy of the patience Khan has had, or he'll be shown the door.  Our younger players will have more experience under their belts.  And we'll have had another draft.  But yeah, I think we're starting to finally rise.

I'm glad this was posted.

I, too, can see both teams as AFC powers in the years to come.

But right now, if I had to say, the Raiders have the edge over us because they have the stud pass rusher that we lack.

We have the better skill players on offense. They have the better OL/Defense. Arguable who the better qb is. Raiders have the edge right now, overall, but we are on our way.
Nice !!!   .... the benefits you get of being on the bottom.   We won the "Most Likely Not To Suck Anymore Award"   I must admit that I'm gonna miss looking at the NFL Mock Draft during the Thanksgiving Holiday.

In that draft it came down to who would you want in the 1st and 2nd round, Bortles and Lee or Mack and Carr. I think the latter is the best option because you hit on the two most important positions in the game and we could've had that. I didn't include Robinson because that was a trade. The next year they easily got their wide receiver and the Jags are hoping to have a franchise end in Fowler who I didn't like in the 1st place, and struck out finding another.
Quote:In that draft it came down to who would you want in the 1st and 2nd round, Bortles and Lee or Mack and Carr. I think the latter is the best option because you hit on the two most important positions in the game and we could've had that. I didn't include Robinson because that was a trade. The next year they easily got their wide receiver and the Jags are hoping to have a franchise end in Fowler who I didn't like in the 1st place, and struck out finding another.

Folks in case you were wondering, this is what literally going out of your way to find something to complain about looks like
Quote:In that draft it came down to who would you want in the 1st and 2nd round, Bortles and Lee or Mack and Carr. I think the latter is the best option because you hit on the two most important positions in the game and we could've had that. I didn't include Robinson because that was a trade. The next year they easily got their wide receiver and the Jags are hoping to have a franchise end in Fowler who I didn't like in the 1st place, and struck out finding another.

The Jaguars got a franchise QB with their first round pick in 2014. There is no second guessing that.

Lol

Bortles/Carr

Robinson/Cooper

Fowler/Mack

We've done almost identical drafting as far as philosophy goes. They're pretty even with us except for Mack > Fowler, but that's because we don't know what we have in Fowler, not taking anything away from Mack, he's awesome. But, I would say Bortles and Carr are a push and Robinson > Cooper. So, complain if you like because you do certainly like, but it's remarkably even. 
In 2014 we got Bortles/Lee/Robinson/Hurns/Linder/Smith.

That draft's impact was much more than just the 1st and 2nd round.

Quote:Bortles/Carr

Robinson/Cooper

Fowler/Mack

We've done almost identical drafting as far as philosophy goes. They're pretty even with us except for Mack > Fowler, but that's because we don't know what we have in Fowler, not taking anything away from Mack, he's awesome. But, I would say Bortles and Carr are a push and Robinson > Cooper. So, complain if you like because you do certainly like, but it's remarkably even. 

One other item. They got their stud QB in rnd 2, Jags in rnd 1. They got their stud WR in rnd 1, we got ours in rnd 2. 

Once again, eerily similar. There's a reason both teams are listed as the two franchises on the rise. Good drafting. 
Quote:In 2014 we got Bortles/Lee/Robinson/Hurns/Linder/Smith.

That draft's impact was much more than just the 1st and 2nd round.
Even though he wasn't drafted, I always add Hurns to this class.  He was a rookie at the same time, and his play certainly is noteworthy.
Opinions are like [BLEEP], and everyone has one no matter how wrong y'all are.
Oh plus they have a better coach to rise higher than the trash Gus Bradley will ever do. Jack coaching the Jags most likely make the playoffs under all the gifts that went this team's way. Not good ol' Gus though.
Quote:Opinions are like [BAD WORD REMOVED], and everyone has one no matter how wrong y'all are.

[Image: david-hasselhoff-baywatch-thumbs-up-nerd...16437p.gif]
Quote:Opinions are like [BAD WORD REMOVED], and everyone has one no matter how wrong y'all are.
What moves have you liked from this team that you are a so called fan of? You don't even want to admit they're on the rise. 
Pages: 1 2