Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Anybody glad we didn't tank that Colts game now?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Now that we have Bortles, Robinson, Hurns, Smith, Jackson, Gipson, Linder, Yeldon, Prince, House, Cann.

I know the FA probably aren't effected but our draft picks are.

I was one of them that was mad about us winning a meaningless game.

Look at us now.
Are you kidding? That game gave us a glimpse of the future.  At this point, I don't think the Colts are as good as we are. Their drafting and free agent picks have been horrible, and it has nothing to do with their draft position. Look at Denver or Pittsburgh, who always win, and always draft well.

Besides, I'm tired of playing for high draft picks. I want to see progress.

Wut
Quote:Now that we have Bortles, Robinson, Hurns, Smith, Jackson, Gipson, Linder, Yeldon, Prince, House, Cann.

I know the FA probably aren't effected but our draft picks are.

I was one of them that was mad about us winning a meaningless game.

Look at us now.
I truly get what you're trying to saying and forever reason the other people on here act like they're lost with your last statement. If we would've won that last game maybe gene smith would've gotten fired sooner and not be able to hire caldwell because his arrival was a years later. That year the colts had sucked for luck and two years later we became mortal for bortles. At the end of the day i think you might meant to say that you're glad we had went insane for blaine gabbert because without him blake would not be on this roster. 
Quote:Are you kidding? That game gave us a glimpse of the future.  At this point, I don't think the Colts are as good as we are. Their drafting and free agent picks have been horrible, and it has nothing to do with their draft position. Look at Denver or Pittsburgh, who always win, and always draft well.

if you don't see progress with this roster then you're blind as a best because we have one of the best offenses in football and second best offense in Jaguars history with probowlers on it. The wins are going to come just hang in there just a little bit longer because your years of suffering with this team is going to pay off. 

This thread is gold for Leopold.

Quote:This thread is gold for Leopold.

Thanks I think?
Quote:Are you kidding? That game gave us a glimpse of the future. At this point, I don't think the Colts are as good as we are. Their drafting and free agent picks have been horrible, and it has nothing to do with their draft position. Look at Denver or Pittsburgh, who always win, and always draft well.

I think you read it too fast.
Quote:Wut
Only if you think we're better off with Luck in Indy for another 6 or 7 years. Everything else that happened probably would've regardless of that game.
According to the link below, Andrew Luck's contract is up after this year and he becomes a UFA. This may explain the Broncos and John Elway's reluctance to gamble on Brock Osweiler and instead will go with a stopgap one year guy like Mark Sanchez.

IMO, there's no way AL stays in Indianapolis with incompetent GM Grigson. The guy has failed to protect him with an OL year after year and is sitting on his hands this FW so far. Elway .OTOH, will give him anything he needs

Oops, can't paste the link for some reason- Google Andrew Luck Contract Status if interested.

I feel a paradox coming......
After getting whooped so long, it was nice to see the Jags lay the smack down on someone. Had been a long time since we had done that.
Quote:I think you read it too fast.

I did. My bad.
Im glad we put a 50 burger on the colts. I can now talk ish to my colt friends

The Redskins would have gotten Luck and the Colts would have drafted RGIII

Sure glad that didn't happen 

[Image: saywhat.jpg]

I would have no respect for any team that would consider losing a game to improve its draft position. Lets completely remove any integrity from the game and watch the three or four bottom feeders throwing games to improve their draft position over the others!   

It's like the butterfly effect. I'm glad we have Bortles instead of Luck.
Quote:According to the link below, Andrew Luck's contract is up after this year and he becomes a UFA. This may explain the Broncos and John Elway's reluctance to gamble on Brock Osweiler and instead will go with a stopgap one year guy like Mark Sanchez.

IMO, there's no way AL stays in Indianapolis with incompetent GM Grigson. The guy has failed to protect him with an OL year after year and is sitting on his hands this FW so far. Elway .OTOH, will give him anything he needs

Won't the clots just franchise him if he doesn't sign an extension.
Quote:if you don't see progress with this roster then you're blind as a best because we have one of the best offenses in football and second best offense in Jaguars history with probowlers on it. The wins are going to come just hang in there just a little bit longer because your years of suffering with this team is going to pay off.
Love ur comment...

Unfortunately. ...next year MIGHT not be a great year for us.

I do believe we will show improvements in the win column.

But I actually think there is at the least a fair to good chance we might not make the playoffs until 2017.
Pages: 1 2 3