Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Could Skuta be our missing Passrusher?
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
He's going to get a chance to be
Before FA Dave said this year they want to give Skuta a bigger role, we'll see what that means.

Doubtful, but no harm in giving him a look in August.
Dave just said in his press conference this week that Skuta would be playing more LEO this year (maybe it was on the radio call actually, I forget exactly). Whether that means effectively...we'll see. 

I think he could be. 

If so, wouldn't they have tried it last year at some point?
Quote:If so, wouldn't they have tried it last year at some point?

Dave said they wanted to but right when they were about to switch him he got injured.
Hahahahaha

Skuta as a pass rusher.
Who links an article from 18 months ago?
That was when he was healthy.
Obviously, the team needs another edge rusher. The odds are slim that Fowler's eventual rotational partner is on the roster. They tried to sign two different vets and lost the sweepstakes.

I'd bet on a scrap heap signing, a draft pick from the 1st or 2nd Rd. and a bunch of nobodies getting snaps at LEO during the preseason. It's not ideal, but that's where we are right now.

It's unwise to discount the positive impact of Jackson/Marks/Fowler but barring a trade after the draft , there's a good chance most of the snaps at LEO will be split by two rookies.

I don't think that's as tragic as some insist. Again - not ideal - but better than last year.
No. Dave was just hedging his bets when it was clear he wasn't going to be able to bring in a single pass rusher in free agency.
Skuta is not the answer as the additional Leo.  If DC honestly felt he was "the guy", he wouldn't have tried so hard for Vernon and Ayers.  If he believed in Skuta as the or an additional Leo, he could have signed Irvin to take the Otto and moved Skuta from the onset of FA.  But, he did not go after Irvin, or another Otto prospect.

I think he mentioned him to downplay the need for an additional Leo as we head into the draft (smokescreen).

I highly doubt it
Quote:Hahahahaha

Skuta as a pass rusher.

This.
Even though our d is dependent on the success of the leo.

I think our recent additions on the interior d line will make anyone who plays leo have an easier time at getting to the qb.

I think we're gonna be a top 10 d next year
lolol
No, if they were going to do it, they already would have done so.

They tried to use him as a pass rusher and his engine only gets to 2nd gear. I was hoping he'd get cut to make room for someone with a good first step.

Pages: 1 2