Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Addressing Posluszny!
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
For years Poz have been a pretty stout player for us, not great but good.. His production and skills have decline over the last few years. Time and time again you can see him taking poor angles, or lacking the speed to get to the outside! He is a liabilty in passing coverage.. He cant keep up with younger faster tightends. Adding to that his ability to stay healthy..

I believe his position is the weakest spot on the team..But also one of the most important! We need another young fast, agile linebacker to be side by side with Fowler and Smith. Point Blank! Once we establish that then the jags could be a elite defense..
Quote:For years Poz have been a pretty stout player for us, not great but good.. His production and skills have decline over the last few years. Time and time again you can see him taking poor angles, or lacking the speed to get to the outside! He is a liabilty in passing coverage.. He cant keep up with younger faster tightends. Adding to that his ability to stay healthy..

I believe his position is the weakest spot on the team..But also one of the most important! We need another young fast, agile linebacker to be side by side with Fowler and Smith. Point Blank! Once we establish that then the jags could be a elite defense..

Linebacker in general is probably our weakest position on the team.  I agree with you on that.  Poz is one of our two best LBs, but he is a liability in coverage. 

But you say, "We need another young fast, agile linebacker to be side by side with Fowler and Smith."  Just a small point, but I hope you realize, Fowler is not a linebacker.   He's a defensive end. 
Why do I get the feeling that Poz gets the Monachino treatment around here from time to time?
Quote:For years Poz have been a pretty stout player for us, not great but good.. His production and skills have decline over the last few years. Time and time again you can see him taking poor angles, or lacking the speed to get to the outside! He is a liabilty in passing coverage.. He cant keep up with younger faster tightends. Adding to that his ability to stay healthy..

And he's going into his 10th season.  He's probably never been an ideal 3 down linebacker and it's not like he's speeding up with age.  I was bummed to see JT Thomas leave as I thought he was the heir apparent to the position.  But this will probably be a position Caldwell addresses in the draft.
Quote:Linebacker in general is probably our weakest position on the team. I agree with you on that. Poz is one of our two best LBs, but he is a liability in coverage.

But you say, "We need another young fast, agile linebacker to be side by side with Fowler and Smith." Just a small point, but I hope you realize, Fowler is not a linebacker. He's a defensive end.
Yeah i know Fowler is a end but they say he will play all over .
Nothing Myles Jack can't fix
Jack will not be the pick. We have no pass rusher.
Quote:Jack will not be the pick. We have no pass rusher.
You're obsessed. We can get Jack in the first and a DE in the second. We could trade for a DE or grab someone like Chris Long until next year.

You guys think the roster is locked down, like we don't have any options any more. If Bosa is gone they're not going to reach for a pass rusher when someone like Jack is on the board. BAP at a position of need.
Quote:You're obsessed. We can get Jack in the first and a DE in the second. We could trade for a DE or grab someone like Chris Long until next year.

You guys think the roster is locked down, like we don't have any options any more. If Bosa is gone they're not going to reach for a pass rusher when someone like Jack is on the board. BAP at a position of need.
Nice analysis.

This chess game is still in the opening move phase.

HeadSlap
Quote:Jack will not be the pick. We have no pass rusher.

Im getting the feeling that they are putting faith in Fowler to be that pass rusher.. That is why they selected him with the #3 pick last year.. I like Jack in the first if Bosa and Ramsey gone
Quote:Why do I get the feeling that Poz gets the Monachino treatment around here from time to time?
Because the leadership and game knowledge that experience brings is never appreciated by those that demand  Full Consistency.

Institutional Knowledge of opposing teams and coaches is a commodity that usually comes as skills decline.

Welcome Back Poz.

HeadSlap
Quote:Im getting the feeling that they are putting faith in Fowler to be that pass rusher.. That is why they selected him with the #3 pick last year.. I like Jack in the first if Bosa and Ramsey gone

They are relying on Fowler to be the first horse out of the stable but they still plan on adding a couple guys to rotate with him as well. Bring it in waves to keep everyone fresh.
I will say Jack is looking Beastly. And would not hate the pick. However still not a passrusher. And thinking a rookie will solve all our TE issues. Is ludicris.

I agree but I also disagree... Yes Poz has declined as all the players within his age status has done. Poz is still the second leading tackler on the team behind Telvin. He also our Best run stopper at the position. He's definately a liability in coverage but that's to be expected because he plays the run first. W/that being said, we've simply havn't had the opportunity to replace him until now. Even if we do draft his replacement in 2016, Poz should continue to start while the rookie is groomed to be the starter. The only scenario that'll displace my theory is to draft his replacement within the first round.

Yes his days are numbered as a Jaguar but he's still Poz and he's still very much needed on our defense. Remember how well we did at the position when he was hurt last year...

NH3...

in my opinion Reggie Ragland is the best LB in the draft. I would take him over M Jack all day. We don't need to risk on Jack coming off an injury. He is a great player but we don't need risk
Quote:I will say Jack is looking Beastly. And would not hate the pick. However still not a passrusher. And thinking a rookie will solve all our TE issues. Is ludicris.
I Concur to all especially that Miles isn't a pass rusher. Nor should he be at the MLB position. His position will require him to stop the run on running downs and play the pass on passing downs across the middle. The pass rush should come from the interior D-linemen, DE/Otto and CB/SS positions. I really do hope that we acquire Miles Jack and or a comporable MLB for Poz to groom...

NH3...
I am also a huge fan of the MLB from Temple. He is undersized but plays with a ton of heart and is a tackling machine. Would be a great 4th rd pickup.
Jags saud Irvin would not play MLB so Jack would not either.
Poz is old! He should've been out of the game years ago but he can't stay home because he hates his wife!

So Poz is the only thing keeping us from having an elite defense. Lol okay.
Pages: 1 2 3