Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: In 2015, Jags led or tied in 11 of 16 games in the 4th quarter
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2
I just found this stat out today and thought I would share with my message board friends.

That's pretty solid with what we had. No Fowler, no Marks, etc.

Now we have Prince and House at CB with Colvin in the slot. Gipson and Cyp at safety.

Fowler, Jackson, Marks, Odrick, and Miller on the D Line.

Tackle Telvin, Poz at LB

And here comes, Ramsey, Bosa, Jack or VH3

This team is set for the playoffs now.

Talent every where. We should rule the AFC SOUTH for years to come.

Just find a center and kicker, and I'll be in heaven.
Now find the equivalent stats for the previous few years. They won't be pretty. This is why the people who focus wholly on wins for their measure of improvement are misled.
Jacksonville's fan base is a loyal yet notoriously ornery bunch. I still remember us fans calling for Coughlin's head first chance we got. That being said, we've been humbled a bit as a fan base I've noticed with all our issues, but there's still us lurking out there that are gonna [BLEEP] until we win a superbowl or go undefeated, can't make everyone happy.
Quote:Jacksonville's fan base is a loyal yet notoriously ornery bunch. I still remember us fans calling for Coughlin's head first chance we got. That being said, we've been humbled a bit as a fan base I've noticed with all our issues, but there's still us lurking out there that are gonna  (BAD WORD REMOVED] until we win a superbowl or go undefeated, can't make everyone happy.

Every fan base has stretches where this is true. Every single one of them.

Those bad stretches just last much longer for some fan bases then for other fan bases, and for the fans bases of the ones who last too long, well some of them eventually become so salty, skeptical and negative that they just call for everyone's head and rarely ever have anything positive to say.

I've seen some of them post right here on this board.
Turnovers, Bad Coaching, and Bad kicking cost us at least 7 games...Hopefully Gus can improve as a coach and Bortles as well this season to change that..
Quote:Jacksonville's fan base is a loyal yet notoriously ornery bunch. I still remember us fans calling for Coughlin's head first chance we got. That being said, we've been humbled a bit as a fan base I've noticed with all our issues, but there's still us lurking out there that are gonna [BAD WORD REMOVED] until we win a superbowl or go undefeated, can't make everyone happy.

Even if we won the Superbowl, there will be a group of fans complaining about the coaching decisions and saying that some missed tackle here or there indicates we have a lot of work to do.  Every fanbase has those, but ours seems to have a higher percentage than most.
Yep, the Jags blew it  several times.

Shared by the whole team and staff......hopefully lessons learned and roster improvements, 2016 will be a better year.

Waaaay better.

Quote:Now find the equivalent stats for the previous few years. They won't be pretty. This is why the people who focus wholly on wins for their measure of improvement are misled.

Anyone making that comparison would also be misled. The Jaguars played a historically easy schedule in 2015, of course they'd be closer in more games. The real indictment is that they were only competitive in the fourth quarter in 11 of 16 games when they only played three teams the whole season that finished the season with a winning record.
Quote:Anyone making that comparison would also be misled. The Jaguars played a historically easy schedule in 2015, of course they'd be closer in more games. The real indictment is that they were only competitive in the fourth quarter in 11 of 16 games when they only played three teams the whole season that finished the season with a winning record.

Bingo!!!!
Quote:Anyone making that comparison would also be misled. The Jaguars played a historically easy schedule in 2015, of course they'd be closer in more games. The real indictment is that they were only competitive in the fourth quarter in 11 of 16 games when they only played three teams the whole season that finished the season with a winning record.

Just an interesting bit of trivia: in 1999, we only played one team all regular season that finished the season with a winning record, and they beat us twice.   And then they beat us in the AFC Championship game.  
Quote:Just an interesting bit of trivia: in 1999, we only played one team all regular season that finished the season with a winning record, and they beat us twice.   And then they beat us in the AFC Championship game.  

Another interesting bit of trivia, that season the Jaguars contributed 14 losses to those teams "helping" them to be .500 or worse. In 2015 the Jaguars contributed 8 wins to those 13 teams they played that were .500 or worse, "helping" them get closer to a winning record. (which those 8 teams still couldn't manage)
There sure is a lot of interesting trivia in this thread.

Of course there are several different ways to look at said interesting trivia, some of them being positive and some of them being negative.

I guess it just depends on what kind of fan you are.

If it wasn't for being in the abysmal AFCS,, I'd still say the Jags are 2-3 seasons away from actually competing for serious playoff spots.

However, it IS the AFCS. So, who knows? If the clots and tinhorns have similar seasons this year as they just had, the Jagsat find themselves in good position for the playoffs.

I'm not holding my breath for that though, not yet. I still think it's at least a couple seasons away (defensive additions from the drafts will only be rookies after all, Fowler included).

Do it Jags,, prove me wrong!
Quote:If it wasn't for being in the abysmal AFCS,, I'd still say the Jags are 2-3 seasons away from actually competing for serious playoff spots.

However, it IS the AFCS. So, who knows? If the clots and tinhorns have similar seasons this year as they just had, the Jagsat find themselves in good position for the playoffs.

I'm not holding my breath for that though, not yet. I still think it's at least a couple seasons away (defensive additions from the drafts will only be rookies after all, Fowler included).

Do it Jags,, prove me wrong!

Yes, that's the worst part of being a terrible team, it's being a terrible team among terrible teams.

Put the Jaguars in one of the decent divisions (AFC north or west for example) and they're still sitting at 2-3 wins.
The most interesting football trivia I've seen this week is the Broncos have not had consecutive losing seasons in 43 seasons.
Quote:Yes, that's the worst part of being a terrible team, it's being a terrible team among terrible teams.

Put the Jaguars in one of the decent divisions (AFC north or west for example) and they're still sitting at 2-3 wins.

Feel free to go root for another team to make you happy
In most cases, that I recall, it was the defense that couldn't hold.  Not all, but most.

Draftwell, Caldwell

It's your baby.

Pretty sure we're going to compete with the 72' dolphins this year.
I always love the ridiculous schedule arguments.

Always judged in hindsight..

Prior to the season, everyone [BLEEP] about how hard it is and how unlucky we were to play a good division or teams that tanked the prior year and weren't as bad as their record.

After the season is over and we lose more than fans are happy with, the story magically morphs into how "historically easy" it was...

Pure.  Tripe.

Quote:I always love the ridiculous schedule arguments.

Always judged in hindsight..

Prior to the season, everyone [BAD WORD REMOVED] about how hard it is and how unlucky we were to play a good division or teams that tanked the prior year and weren't as bad as their record.

After the season is over and we lose more than fans are happy with, the story magically morphs into how "historically easy" it was...

Pure.  Tripe.

I don't really remember it that way, but I didn't go pouring over old posts like you must have, since you claim it was everyone that took that position. The way I remember it was that people thought the team should have a real shot at .500 against a schedule including two games against Andrew Luck. As it turns out the Jaguars didn't have to face the big dog in the division and still came up way short of what people thought should be reasonable.
Pages: 1 2