Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: The pressure is on, Dante
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3
Without Vernon we need you to be who we drafted you to be.

Im sure he will be but what a way to embrace him lol.
I have faith that he will be what we want him to be!
Just Belieeeveeeeee

Fowler will be great, just temper your expectations a bit. Unfortunately he's a year behind and he's still young and inexperienced. The good news is we drafted him to be a pass rusher, so the learning curve isn't going to be as high as it would be for other positions. But he'll still need to get used to reading plays and the like.

We will all feel Dantes Inferno soon
Quote:Without Vernon we need you to be who we drafted you to be.

We needed him to be that period. Frankly, he was drafted to be better than vernon.
He's going to be fine

I think he had the pressure when he was drafted number 3

If you play your cards right, you may see him at Publix.

The ONLY pressure he needs to be concerned about is getting back on the field ready to play.  Any other pressure is concocted by the fans and media. 

I expect a slow start, but perhaps by the end of the year we all see him come on as a top guy. I think 6-8 sacks for him would be ideal, regardless I just want to see some consistent pressure on the opposing QBs from the defense period. 

Quote:I expect a slow start, but perhaps by the end of the year we all see him come on as a top guy. I think 6-8 sacks for him would be ideal, regardless I just want to see some consistent pressure on the opposing QBs from the defense period. 
For all intents and purposes, he's a rookie.  If he gets to 6-8 sacks, that's a phenomenal start.  Giving us a more consistent pass rush is the critical thing.  Sack numbers are overrated.  Pressuring the QB is not.
I believe he will be as well. 6 to 8 sacks would be a good number. With a healthy Marks and Jackson killing the middle he should be fine.
Quote:For all intents and purposes, he's a rookie.  If he gets to 6-8 sacks, that's a phenomenal start.  Giving us a more consistent pass rush is the critical thing.  Sack numbers are overrated.  Pressuring the QB is not.
Agreed. Pressures>=Sack totals. I think 6 sacks through 16 games would be good for a rookie/acl recovery player. If he can just get consistent pressures on 2nd and long/passing downs I would be soooo happy, especially after the performance from the Dline last year. With Marks coming back, Odrick and Jackson here now, we have a solid stable of rushers to build on.
FBT, you're a fool if you don't think the pressure is on Dante to perform.  You get drafted that high, there are expectations.  Pressure.

Quote:For all intents and purposes, he's a rookie.  If he gets to 6-8 sacks, that's a phenomenal start.  Giving us a more consistent pass rush is the critical thing.  Sack numbers are overrated.  Pressuring the QB is not.

This, although Khalil Mack plays a different position, he got 4.5 sacks his rookie year.

People really need to relax on him. If he can get some solid rush and produce a bit, I'll be happy. He's a rookie while also coming back off a serious injury, even though he should be good to go. Going to take some time for him to feel like he has his legs underneath him.
Quote:FBT, you're a fool if you don't think the pressure is on Dante to perform.  You get drafted that high, there are expectations.  Pressure.
Performing is one thing, expecting 8+ sacks is different, especially asking that of a rookie.

Like I just stated, take a look at Khalil Mack's rookie stat line. He's shaping up to be one of the best defensive players in the game. It takes time, and Mack wasn't coming off an ACL tear.

Quote:FBT, you're a fool if you don't think the pressure is on Dante to perform.  You get drafted that high, there are expectations.  Pressure.

FBT is not known for accountability around these parts.
Quote:The ONLY pressure he needs to be concerned about is getting back on the field ready to play.  Any other pressure is concocted by the fans and media. 
Spot On FBT...

I Concur that such fans place an label on players and if such player doesn't measure up to such expetations, such fans will bash such players. It isn't fair. Fowler Jr. will need time to get acclimated to the speed of the NFL to say the least. He won't live up to such expetations until he has at least one season under his belt...   Wallbash

NH3...
Pages: 1 2 3