Jacksonville Jaguars Fan Forums

Full Version: Osweiler to Houston
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8
Better hope this guy sucks.

pretty sure he isnt the second coming or denver would have paid to keep him.

Better than Hoyer though...
I doubt anybody in the South is sweating.

They passed on Bortles and Carr in the draft and are now stuck paying 15 million bucks to a guy with a half dozen starts.

Quote:I doubt anybody in the South is sweating.

They passed on Bortles and Carr in the draft and are now stuck paying 15 million bucks to a guy with a half dozen starts.

He is a wild card. You don't know what to expect. He was good enough for Elway to draft and kept them in the hunt when Manning got hurt. He is an upgrade over anything HOU has and they just got better.
Quote:He is a wild card. You don't know what to expect. He was good enough for Elway to draft and kept them in the hunt when Manning got hurt. He is an upgrade over anything HOU has and they just got better.

Is he though?  I think he did what Manning did when he played, keep the turnovers down and let the defense win it. 

I'm not saying he isn't better than what Houston has, but he doesn't really worry much.  I will say though, the AFC South in general has gotten better today.
Quote:He is a wild card. You don't know what to expect. He was good enough for Elway to draft and kept them in the hunt when Manning got hurt. He is an upgrade over anything HOU has and they just got better.

Is he better than Ryan Fitzpatrick, who they had two years ago?
Quote:Is he better than Ryan Fitzpatrick, who they had two years ago?

I hope as much as you guys that this guy is bagging groceries in 2 years, but I don't like it.
Quote:I hope as much as you guys that this guy is bagging groceries in 2 years, but I don't like it.

What?
He makes a lot of bad decisions because he's inexperienced, and the NFL doesn't trust him to throw very far. Hopkins production will suffer because of it.

It's not a terrible signing, but he's not the future in Houston.

Quote:What?

I hope Osweiler is a monster bust, but don't see it happening. They overpaid for a guy that Elway wasn't matching. That contract is ridiculous. 
CarrBombed ya have an input?
Quote:I hope Osweiler is a monster bust, but don't see it happening. They overpaid for a guy that Elway wasn't matching. That contract is ridiculous. 

Maybe not a bust but I don't see him as any better than Fitzpatrick or Hoyer.

Two years ago, Fitzpatrick had 2500 yards 17 TD's and 8 INT's

Last year Hoyer had 2600 yards 19 TD's and 7 INT's

I think Osweiler's numbers end up pretty similar.
Quote:Maybe not a bust but I don't see him as any better than Fitzpatrick or Hoyer.

Two years ago, Fitzpatrick had 2500 yards 17 TD's and 8 INT's

Last year Hoyer had 2600 yards 19 TD's and 7 INT's

I think Osweiler's numbers end up pretty similar.

DEN offered him 16M a year and he still walked. Must have wanted a fresh start.
Shouldn't worry anyone
They keep betting on somebody else's QB trash instead of drafting a guy.  The Clowney Brigade talked the Texans out of Bortles and they were too afraid of their fan base to draft David Carr's brother. 

It's risky for them, but they pretty much had to take a chance so I understand the move.  They are in win now mode and just need competent QB play.  Hopefully it backfires for them.

He's good, but if Elway really thought he was the worthy successor to Manning, he'd never have let Osweiler walk.Best of luck to Brock in Houston, and I've got five dollars on the Broncos trading for Sam Bradford.

They have had competent QB play.  They just don't have a guy who can go win you the game trailing by 6 with 3 minutes left.  And The Brockster prolly isn't that guy either. 

He'll get eaten alive by the Defense we have coming together.  :thumbsup:

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8